Why does everyone think Bama...

Is really ahead of us? Doesn’t the committee factor the championship game as the “whole body of work”?
I think if LSU beats GA or comes close, the committee will look at how we played LSU.
I think AL is there just to troll the fan base 🤪
Hooker getting injured plays into the equation

I pretty sure I have those five points of criteria memorized by now, but for all of the metrics they’ve used, there is still a huge element that outweighs them all… the unwritten subjectivity clause. For the individuals on the committee, there are still enough influenced by the media. They are seeking shelter there, and truly lack the courage to make objective decisions. I said it in another thread but this whole process is a sham and after inspection seems less reliable than the national poles.

Bama is ahead in the national polls. Right or wrong, the polls would have delivered the same result.

They're playing better than us right now. They don't have an injured QB. They didn't get boatraced by a mediocre team.
If UGA wins tonight but Bennett suffers a season ending injury, does UGA hold onto the #1 spot?

If the CFP starts looking at injuries when ranking teams and beleive they are capable of judging the quality of the backup players, it's going to open a pandora's box.

Is really ahead of us? Doesn’t the committee factor the championship game as the “whole body of work”?
I think if LSU beats GA or comes close, the committee will look at how we played LSU.
I think AL is there just to troll the fan base 🤪

If they were going to put us before Alabama, we'd be there already.

If UGA wins tonight but Bennett suffers a season ending injury, does UGA hold onto the #1 spot?

If the CFP starts looking at injuries when ranking teams and beleive they are capable of judging the quality of the backup players, it's going to open a pandora's box.
The CFP Committee already considers "available" players for each team when ranking them. Injuries are a part of that.

If we beat a terrible SC team we’re a 3 seed right now. Based on what happens today we could’ve been a 2.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
I don’t care who we lost to or who we have injured. None of that was part of the criteria to get in the playoff. We meet their criteria to be ahead of Alabama. If they aren’t gonna keep their own rules then don’t have rules. If head to head matchups don’t matter then we should never play Bama again. What’s the point? If we beat them on the field and we still lose then eff them. Take em off the schedule.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Even GameDay was dismissive of bama as a playoff team. I think OSU slides in and the top 3 are locks. Only question is who is seeded where.
Agree… it is pretty much a lock at this point. TCU and Michigan will probably still be in even with a loss which would be their first loss

Bama is ahead in the national polls. Right or wrong, the polls would have delivered the same result.

The result wasn’t the context of my final statement. The long term reliability of the CFP selection process with stated criterial and how that criteria is subjectively applied, leaves much to be desired. There is an inherent lack of accountability.

The result wasn’t the context of my final statement. The long term reliability of the CFP selection process with stated criterial and how that criteria is subjectively applied, leaves much to be desired. There is an inherent lack of accountability.

As opposed to accountabiliy in the polls?

1st off, Hooker is done. How many of the games would we have won with Milton as the QB?

I’m not trying to be anything but honest here.

I can’t say Milton has impressed me during the Vandy game.

Yes, he looked good in no pressure mop up duty during games that were for all practical purposes over, but he has not done that well in pressure situations.

He might be a good practice player, but I have seen nothing indicating that he can do it consistently in pressure game situations.

Usually a good practice player is a good game player; however , I have seen players that only played well in practice and others in games.

If I remember correctly I think Johnny Manziel was noted to be a much better game player than a practice player.

My other example is JG, all we heard was how great he was in practice, and no, I’m not saying that Milton is another JG.

Secondly, in what world is a loss to South Carolina in football considered acceptable, isn’t their all time winning record just barely over .500?

They are really only about one level above Missouri and Vandy.

We have no business in the playoffs at this time due to not only our loss to South Carolina, but also Hooker’s injury.

1st off, Hooker is done. How many of the games would we have won with Milton as the QB?

I’m not trying to be anything but honest here.

I can’t say Milton has impressed me during the Vandy game.

Yes, he looked good in no pressure mop up duty during games that were for all practical purposes over, but he has not done that well in pressure situations.

He might be a good practice player, but I have seen nothing indicating that he can do it consistently in pressure game situations.

Usually a good practice player is a good game player; however , I have seen players that only played well in practice and others in games.

If I remember correctly I think Johnny Manziel was noted to be a much better game player than a practice player.

My other example is JG, all we heard was how great he was in practice, and no, I’m not saying that Milton is another JG.

Secondly, in what world is a loss to South Carolina in football considered acceptable, isn’t their all time winning record just barely over .500?

They are really only about one level above Missouri and Vandy.

We have no business in the playoffs at this time due to not only our loss to South Carolina, but also Hooker’s injury.
They clearly called no running plays for him because of the lack of a backup QB. I'd expect 10 carries or more in a regular situation.

VN Store

Back