Why does everyone think Bama...

Not everyone thinks that.

A lot of us think Tennessee deserves to be ranked ahead of Bama.

The NCAA has sucked up to Saban for so long now. It’s getting old.
Good luck with that. The committee doesn't care what you are I think

Our starting qb is out and we got prison raped by a unranked team at the time . That's why Bama is a head of us .theyvlost 2 games by what 4 points we lost two by like 40 . That's why .we had one job beat SC . But just like in baseball we thought we were world beaters and the big swinging dick of the party .and got humbled

I was a good practice player in HS. In games I was playing against guys going to SEC and smaller universities to play on Saturday.
I matched up well against the players on my team. I was blown up by the guys good enough to play on Saturday.
Milton's whole game has to rise above the level of our opponents. When you can't you get exposed against great talent.
Same with Guaranatano. He looked like Elway against the B-team defense. Looked like Matt Sims against the SEC.

Our starting qb is out and we got prison raped by a unranked team at the time . That's why Bama is a head of us .theyvlost 2 games by what 4 points we lost two by like 40 . That's why .we had one job beat SC . But just like in baseball we thought we were world beaters and the big swinging dick of the party .and got humbled
Where have you been?!

They will get the 4 slot and get demolished by UGA.
Yep…. In Atlanta…..Georgia’s getting a lot of home cooking. Those bastards NEVER and have NEVER played an out of conference schedule worth a crap. They never go west of the Mississippi or north of the state line.

Reactions: allvol123
Not what their published criteria says
Yeah I know but they when discussing Bama they inevitably mention Bama only lost 2 games by 4 points. Not much of who they beat, strength of schedule, top 25 wins or that a couple of their wins over bad teams were by small margins.

As opposed to accountabiliy in the polls?

Larger sample size of voters watering down folks like the guy from southbend that kept voting UT at 14, 3 weeks after beating Bama. Neither is ideal but the biggest problem with the current committee is they have stated criteria for ranking common foes and they failed.

Don’t know you from Adam, so sorry if I make an assumption here: how would you feel if the roles were reversed? Still standing by the ranking of the committee?

Their rankings contradict their own criteria. Stumbling with words when asked reasons for rankings. Hence the assertion of it being a sham. Really not that hard to understand.

Reactions: loservol
True, but it was against Vanderbilt. With a healthy Hooker, I’d be just as pissed off as the most devoted fan because I hate Bama and those 💩wads are likely to get in.

Funny we are talking about the Vols victory over Vandy. The same vandy that Alabama beat 55-3 in Tuscaloosa, lost to a UT team, without their Heisman hopeful, in a driving rain storm, at Vandy 56-0. Another head to head comparison that doesn’t seem to be relevant to the committee. All I can say is, Bama should be thankful they didn’t draw Carolina this year the trend says they would have been beaten 66-35 in Tuscaloosa…

They clearly called no running plays for him because of the lack of a backup QB. I'd expect 10 carries or more in a regular situation.

Im sure they will have them in the bowl…..probably more than normal.

They were playing Vandy - 56-0 no need to take chances.

Who are you going to pull for next year if Bazooka Joe is our QB? I will take Heupel’s opinion over yours.
I'm talking about this year. Next year I will pull for whomever the starting QB is. I know if Heupel doesn't adapt the offense to account for press coverage, next year will be long.

They can make a case for TCU (1 loss), Utah (conf champ), KSU (conf champ), USC (only lost to 1 team), Clemson/UNC (conf champ), or Penn State (same situation as UT) getting in above Tennessee, but Bama has NO CASE. They have nothing on their resume that bests Tennessee. Their best win is against Texas.

A win is a win. A loss is a loss. Please respect that, CFP committee. The best SEC teams are Georgia, Tennessee/Alabama, SC, LSU ...

------------- Tennessee ---------- Alabama
@GA ------ Loss ---------------- Did not play
UT/Bama-- Win ---------------- Loss
@SC ------- Loss ---------------- Did not play
@ LSU ----- Win ----------------- Loss
Best wins -- Alabama, LSU ----- Texas, Miss St.
Conf champ No ------------------ No

The sad thing is, if we hadn't laid an egg in Columbia, even considering what has transpired today, they would have left us at #5 in the end. They may have even put Bama at #4 ahead of us even with us at 11-1 if Hooker had still gotten hurt and we had beat USC.

VN Store

Back