Why Brady is better than Manning

His best WR this year would've been the third option at best on most typical Super Bowl teams. That roster was hardly loaded.

What the hell are you talking about? Wide Receivers do no make or break a team. Pats had a Top 2-3 OL in the league. Best TE. A stable of about 4 good RBs who did different things for them. 2nd best secondary. Top 5 LBs. Top 5 DL. Also, great special teams. Oh and the best coach.

Also, anyone who watched Julian Edelman play last year and calls him a scrub is an idiot. Dude is one hell of a football player. Plays like his hair is on fire every single play. Brandon LaFell is pretty good too.

Reactions: 3 people
My post is obviously tongue in cheek. But I was bored and knew this would start a good conversation we've had many times. But now we can question Brady's integrity 😄

So are you going to question Peyton's integrity when he arrived extra early at QB meetings (during his FR year at UT) and locked the doors so the other QB's couldn't get in?

His best WR this year would've been the third option at best on most typical Super Bowl teams. That roster was hardly loaded.

This is just a way of getting around having to talk about Gronkowski (who plays more like a WR than a TE)...and not accurate anyway with Julian Edelman.

I am a huge Peyton Manning guy. But while having a better team all around in New England and a brilliant coach and cheater in Belichek. The factor of how Peyton plays in cold weather can't be discounted. If his home games were in Foxboro in playoffs. I'm not sure his legacy would be much different.

This.

What I'm saying is that how do you know that the reason Brady has been better in the Playoffs isn't because he has a better coach? It seems like almost any team Peyton is on, he is kinda expected to do it all. The team puts it all on his shoulders. It's the reason UT couldn't beat Florida when Peyton was here. Do you think that if our D had played in '95-97 the way they played in '98, Peyton wouldn't have been able to beat the Gators and probably go on to win a NC? If our D holds UF to 17 points in '95-97, then we probably win each of those games by double digits. I love Fulmer, but Spurrier was a better coach and had better all-around teams.

He was the 1st pick in the draft. He had to take a franchise from worst to 1st. (Which he actually did.) Brady was drafted into an already great franchise that had been in a SB only 4 years prior.

Yes, Peyton has been shaky at times in the playoffs where as Brady seems much more stable. Maybe that's because Manning is feeling the pressure of having to run the entire show, and be the coach on the field. Brady knows that he just has to play his part in a very well prepared and well coached team.

What happened to both the Colts and NE when each of these guys missed a full season for injuries? NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and only missed the playoffs because of a technicality and some bad luck. Indy went 2-14 and ended up with the #1 pick in the draft.

Also, since we are playing ifs and buts... What if the refs and NFl hadn't completely screwed up the tuck rule call in the 2001 AFCCG. Who's to say that if they hadn't gotten that 1st one, they ever would have won one. Sometimes you need that confidence to know that you've been there before to help you play like champions.

Finally, I'm not giving all of Brady's success to Belichick. Just that Brady is a great QB, but Peyton is ELITE, and ultimately better than Brady.

Sorry, rant over.

In other words, you're going to keep going with if and buts and not what really happened. If this, if that...meanwhile Brady is admiring his 4 REAL rings, not his imaginary 7 ones you've put on Manning.

Saying the Patriots were a great franchise is freakin' hilarious and pretty much tells me all I need to know about your knowledge. Plus I guess you ignore just 2 years before the "great" Patriots made the Super Bowl, the Colts were a hailmary away from making the Super Bowl as well.

The real question is whether Brady istill want to get it on with Giselle... Or has run it course?

Andrew Luck will go down as the 2nd greatest COLT QB ever----only behind Unitas.

You're right, he's not. He has 4 Super Bowl rings, not 1.

It is reasonable to say that Brady has had a better career than Manning but this ring count you keep citing is not an end all to the argument - or else Jim Plunkett was better than Dan Fouts... Mark Rypien was better than Dan Marino... Troy Aikman was better than Brett Favre... Teams do win championships not just QB's.

...and if we're into counting numbers - how about MVP's? Manning has 5 not 2.

Reactions: 8 people
What the hell are you talking about? Wide Receivers do no make or break a team. Pats had a Top 2-3 OL in the league. Best TE. A stable of about 4 good RBs who did different things for them. 2nd best secondary. Top 5 LBs. Top 5 DL. Also, great special teams. Oh and the best coach.

Also, anyone who watched Julian Edelman play last year and calls him a scrub is an idiot. Dude is one hell of a football player. Plays like his hair is on fire every single play. Brandon LaFell is pretty good too.

You had me until Brandon LaFell.

Brandon LaFell is terrible...

In other words, you're going to keep going with if and buts and not what really happened. If this, if that...meanwhile Brady is admiring his 4 REAL rings, not his imaginary 7 ones you've put on Manning.

Saying the Patriots were a great franchise is freakin' hilarious and pretty much tells me all I need to know about your knowledge. Plus I guess you ignore just 2 years before the "great" Patriots made the Super Bowl, the Colts were a hailmary away from making the Super Bowl as well.
In other words, you're going to keep going with not refuting anything I said, but saying that me dealing with hypotheticals invalidates my point.

And yeah Harbaugh had an Ok run with colts, and one good playoff run. But they were 9-7 both years they went to the playoffs. The Colts were 3-13 the year before Peyton and Peyton's first year. Peyton's 2nd year they went 13-3.

And yeah the Pats were at least a good franchise. They fired a coach for going 8-8, and he went on to win both the NCAA National Championship and a Super Bowl. That was one Pete Carroll. And oh yeah, who preceded him and took the Pats to a Super Bowl. That would be one of the better coaches of all time, Bill Friggin' Parcells.

Reactions: 1 person
Colts: playoff team, one of the best records in the league. They lose Manning for a year, they have the worst record in the NFL.

Pats: They lose Brady for a year, replaced by Cassel. They still make playoffs.

It couldn't be any clearer.

Reactions: 7 people
Colts: playoff team, one of the best records in the league. They lose Manning for a year, they have the worst record in the NFL.

They didn't make the playoffs that year FYI

It was one of those fluke years where they won 11 games and still didn't get in

Except you're wrong, the Pats didn't make the playoffs.

Inb4 "BUT STILL!"

You had me until Brandon LaFell.

Brandon LaFell is terrible...

74 catches for nearly 1,000 yards and 7 TDs is terrible? Ok so he isn't a Pro-Bowler. Big deal.

Besides that wasn't even my point. NE WRs were the worst unit on an otherwise stacked football team.

Y'all can kid yourselves all you want, the 2014 Pats may be the worst roster to win a Super Bowl.

Id seriously take half the rosters in the league over New England, including the one in Denver.

In other words, you're going to keep going with not refuting anything I said, but saying that me dealing with hypotheticals invalidates my point.

And yeah Harbaugh had an Ok run with colts, and one good playoff run. But they were 9-7 both years they went to the playoffs. The Colts were 3-13 the year before Peyton and Peyton's first year. Peyton's 2nd year they went 13-3.

And yeah the Pats were at least a good franchise. They fired a coach for going 8-8, and he went on to win both the NCAA National Championship and a Super Bowl. That was one Pete Carroll. And oh yeah, who preceded him and took the Pats to a Super Bowl. That would be one of the better coaches of all time, Bill Friggin' Parcells.

How the hell am I supposed to refute hypotheticals?

Yes, and how many playoff games did that 13-3 Colts team win?

Except you're wrong, the Pats didn't make the playoffs.

Inb4 "BUT STILL!"

Pats went 11-5 and only missed the playoffs because of a technicality. They had the same record as the Dolphins, and it had to go down to like the 4th or 5th tiebreaker to give the Fins the AFC East.

Colts completely fell apart and went 2-14, and went from perennial division winner to worst team in the league.

Inb4 "BUT STILL!"

VN Store

Back