Why Brady is better than Manning

I will always be a fan of Peyton but I would rather have Brady as my NFL QB. *flame away*

That's an understandable opinion which most fans who don't have a rooting interest would agree with. I would only add that Tom Brady is really going to make himself look like an a$$ if continues to maintain that an equipment manager and locker room attendant acted on their own volition when they tampered with the game balls after they had been inspected by the game officials. Those guys are his slaves and literally carry his water for him.

Say what you want about who the better QB is, there is no way Peyton directs the circumvention of a rule like this and then lies about it later.

Reactions: 1 person
I will say this to Peyton's critics who accuse him of being a poor postseason QB, you can't be a bad postseason QB and make it to 3 superbowls.

Reactions: 8 people
I will say this to Peyton's critics who accuse him of being a poor postseason QB, you can't be a bad postseason QB and make it to 3 superbowls.

Most don't say he's bad, just a much, much better regular season QB than playoff QB.

That's all well and good except for the fact that Brady hasn't exactly been surrounded by the best of the best. Nobody knew who Wes Welker was before Brady either.

And yes, I know you're going to give all that credit to Bellichick but I think that's incredibly unfair to Brady.

Football is not entirely an offensive game either, though.

Theyre both good. It's not like winning means everything in terms of skill.

Barry Sanders was a god yet he never even played in a Super Bowl

But most people don't judge great RBs by superbowls. It's undortunate, but QBs are judged by that standard

several threads in the NFL forum about this --- maybe the op can add one to all the other forums

Let's put the facts out there and settle this once and for all! Here are the reasons why Brady is better than Manning:

End of discussion! Enough said!

I'd take Peyton over Brady any day of the week. I named my first daughter Peyton. Nothing against Tom, but he's no Peyton.

Reactions: 4 people
Batty Boy Brady

Tom20Brady20Stetson20Rockmount20Ran.jpg~c200

Starring in Brokeback Brady

Reactions: 3 people
I am a huge Peyton Manning guy. But while having a better team all around in New England and a brilliant coach and cheater in Belichek. The factor of how Peyton plays in cold weather can't be discounted. If his home games were in Foxboro in playoffs. I'm not sure his legacy would be much different.

I don' buy that. I've seen Peyton play well in cold weather, and if he would get used it by living and practicing there. Hardly anyone goes into places like Foxboro and Green Bay and wins in January, precisely because the Packers and Pats are used to it. Its also different when the home fans are cheering for you rather than against you.

Also why it is hard to go to Denver and win in the Playoffs because of he high altitude. New England hasn't won in Denver since Peyton got there. Manning demolished NE in the 2013 AFC Championship game, which was in Denver.

Last edited:
The part I found funny in that article was the use of the word "likely" in the title.

At that point I had to stop reading in order to stop laughing.

You find common sense funny?

If in the future I found my son with chocolate all over his face, I have no proof he ate my missing Snickers. I know he ate it though. If you have to catch someone in the act, people would get away with everything. I don't have to test the chocolate to know it's the missing chocolate.

I bet if you read an article that Bush or Obama most likely knew about so and so-gate, you'd jump all over the one you didn't like about how they knew even if the investigation came to the conclusion they most likely knew. The point is, an investigation was done and while they have no proof to hold up and say yep, they sure did it, look at this... they're saying everything points to it but like the library of videos, they took it to a burn barrel and set it on fire. Why do you think Hernandez knew to go home, trash his security footage and give his gun to someone else? He learned from the best and he knew the investigation was on... if he had been able to get rid of the witnesses to go with his smashed security system and gun, we'd be saying he most likely committed a murder. I guess he'd be walking the streets because common sense failed. If only he had killed a couple more people... every Sunday we'd be saying "he most likely murdered people" while Pats fans would be saying "he was found to be innocent" when in reality they just didn't have the proof to nail his ass to the wall. That's pretty much what Patriots fans do today anyways.

I will always be a fan of Peyton but I would rather have Brady as my NFL QB. *flame away*

Blasphemy!! :crazy:

Actually I disagree, I am biased of course, but Peyton can play and he is a thinker, maybe here and there too much thinking but I prefer Da Man Pey Dog!:rock:

You find common sense funny?

If in the future I found my son with chocolate all over his face, I have no proof he ate my missing Snickers. I know he ate it though. If you have to catch someone in the act, people would get away with everything. I don't have to test the chocolate to know it's the missing chocolate.

I bet if you read an article that Bush or Obama most likely knew about so and so-gate, you'd jump all over the one you didn't like about how they knew even if the investigation came to the conclusion they most likely knew. The point is, an investigation was done and while they have no proof to hold up and say yep, they sure did it, look at this... they're saying everything points to it but like the library of videos, they took it to a burn barrel and set it on fire. Why do you think Hernandez knew to go home, trash his security footage and give his gun to someone else? He learned from the best and he knew the investigation was on... if he had been able to get rid of the witnesses to go with his smashed security system and gun, we'd be saying he most likely committed a murder. I guess he'd be walking the streets because common sense failed. If only he had killed a couple more people... every Sunday we'd be saying "he most likely murdered people" while Pats fans would be saying "he was found to be innocent" when in reality they just didn't have the proof to nail his ass to the wall. That's pretty much what Patriots fans do today anyways.

Holy smoke!

Get out more...

Sadly I can no longer argue for Peyton's superiority over Brady with intellectual honesty, but at the end of the day he's still number one in my heart, and that's all that really matters in this pseudoreligion known as sports.

I don't know that this makes him better than Peyton but he has better longer hair and has a better smaller forehead.

Peyton would have to have longer hair and a smaller forehead to compare which is better but other than that, I can't think of a single thing that Brady is better than Peyton at. Doing what his wife tells him maybe? We don't know if Peyton does what his wife tells him but we do know that Tommy let's his mommy wife choose his haircut and clothes for him, he once said so in an article. So, I'm gonna assume Tommy is better than Peyton at that too.

SportsNation verified
September 22, 2010 ·

061510_bieber_brady_544_hair_xxxx.jpg

Tom Brady's wife has final say over his 'Bieber Hair'.

https://www.facebook.com/sportsnation/posts/146204012087296

If and buts; I'm saying you're in Dreamland because none of that happened. You can what if all day long.

Plus given that fact that Manning has a well earned reputation for not being nearly as great in the playoffs as the regular season, there's no guarantee anything would have been different. He still may have only ended up with 1 Super Bowl.

What I'm saying is that how do you know that the reason Brady has been better in the Playoffs isn't because he has a better coach? It seems like almost any team Peyton is on, he is kinda expected to do it all. The team puts it all on his shoulders. It's the reason UT couldn't beat Florida when Peyton was here. Do you think that if our D had played in '95-97 the way they played in '98, Peyton wouldn't have been able to beat the Gators and probably go on to win a NC? If our D holds UF to 17 points in '95-97, then we probably win each of those games by double digits. I love Fulmer, but Spurrier was a better coach and had better all-around teams.

He was the 1st pick in the draft. He had to take a franchise from worst to 1st. (Which he actually did.) Brady was drafted into an already great franchise that had been in a SB only 4 years prior.

Yes, Peyton has been shaky at times in the playoffs where as Brady seems much more stable. Maybe that's because Manning is feeling the pressure of having to run the entire show, and be the coach on the field. Brady knows that he just has to play his part in a very well prepared and well coached team.

What happened to both the Colts and NE when each of these guys missed a full season for injuries? NE went 11-5 with Matt Cassel and only missed the playoffs because of a technicality and some bad luck. Indy went 2-14 and ended up with the #1 pick in the draft.

Also, since we are playing ifs and buts... What if the refs and NFl hadn't completely screwed up the tuck rule call in the 2001 AFCCG. Who's to say that if they hadn't gotten that 1st one, they ever would have won one. Sometimes you need that confidence to know that you've been there before to help you play like champions.

Finally, I'm not giving all of Brady's success to Belichick. Just that Brady is a great QB, but Peyton is ELITE, and ultimately better than Brady.

Sorry, rant over.

VN Store

Back