Whuppin the children: how soon is too soon?

After a week with a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old..I would say no younger than 5. My nephew (4.5) has a handle on what is right and wrong but he still has no concept of where he fits into the world. He thinks he is older than me and that my mom and dad can't be my mom and dad because they are his Daddys mom and dad.. So yeah..hes still a little on the tardy side. The 2 year old well..she craps and pisses herself so that should remove her from a lot of responsibility in my book.

Reactions: 1 person
I was spanked growing up, my sisters would have to chew soap if they talked back, and there was timeout too but IMO the worst punishment as a kid, age 8+, was when my parents told me they were disappointed by my actions. that got my attention more than anything else and i tried to never do, whatever it was I had done, again.

That worked with my sister too but the disappointment talk made me laugh bc I knew they would get over it soon.

What could a 1 year old possibly absorb from a smack aside from a destabilizing blunt force, dude?

They can hardly walk at that point, let alone decipher right from wrong.

At that age, one isn't swatting hard enough to cause pain, it's too get their attention. I didn't have to get on my oldest to get his attention until he was nearly 3. The younger one needed it right after he could walk. The MO for his punishment was a pop on the butt (through a diaper mind you) to get his attention, then essentially ignored until he shaped up. The entire episode would last about 2 mins. He learned fast.

At that age, one isn't swatting hard enough to cause pain, it's too get their attention. I didn't have to get on my oldest to get his attention until he was nearly 3. The younger one needed it right after he could walk. The MO for his punishment was a pop on the butt (through a diaper mind you) to get his attention, then essentially ignored until he shaped up. The entire episode would last about 2 mins. He learned fast.

This. I smack my two year old on the hand. Not hard enough to hurt, but he knows I'm upset and it gets his attention.

How old is too old. I really wanted to knock the crap out of my 21yo daughter when she came home for the weekend?

How old is too old. I really wanted to knock the crap out of my 21yo daughter when she came home for the weekend?

Funny you brought this up because I was just thinking the same thing with regard to some of the liberal pansies on here.

At 21 you have done about all you can do. Sadly all you can do is hope and pray she doesn't do anything too stupid. ( figure of speech). They will listen to you when they think you could be useful other than those few times, you are just a senile pos that don't want them to have fun. That or they turn out to be perfect little angels, nor many of those roaming around.

At 21 you have done about all you can do. Sadly all you can do is hope and pray she doesn't do anything too stupid. ( figure of speech). They will listen to you when they think you could be useful other than those few times, you are just a senile pos that don't want them to have fun. That or they turn out to be perfect little angels, nor many of those roaming around.

She just wanted more money after she spent the money I had given her for something else besides what the money was for.

Nothing major. Typical college kid.

She just wanted more money after she spent the money I had given her for something else besides what the money was for.

I remember giving my daughter the cash to buy contacts about 5 times one year when she was that age. .something more important came up she had to use the money for. I know where you are coming from.

See, my parents made me pay for half my tuition/living expenses for my first two years, then just half of tuition.

Every dollar was accounted for :)

Ah the good ole days, when the dr spanked that ass right out of the womb

Too old is when they can beat the shiite out of you.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back