Who wanted to get rid of Fulmer?

Most of our fans have more pride in themselves than that and know it would be remarkably stupid to ask such a question to fans of the national champion or Super Bowl. You seem to forget we were barely in the top 25 at the time. And we lost the SECCG. So we didn't win any championship.

Winning the Super Bowl and national championship are quite different than winning a conference division, but please, embellish and twist it into something else. First of all, Alabama didn't back into the national championship game. They didn't get blown out by their biggest rivals along the way. They were legitimately ranked #2. Stupid comparison

The NY Giants had to go on the road and beat quality teams to get to the Super Bowl. Then they won the Super Bowl. Another amazingly stupid comparison.

Thanks, though, for reinforcing the informed opinion that most of our University of Fulmer fans are, well, not the sharpest tools out there. :birgits_giggle:

Oklahoma St. had to lose for Alabama to get in. Therefore, they backed in. LSU should not have had to beat them twice. Don't worry though, the final four is coming.

Oklahoma St. had to lose for Alabama to get in. Therefore, they backed in. LSU should not have had to beat them twice. Don't worry though, the final four is coming.

Oklahoma St lost midway through the season. Plus, you seem to forget Alabama HAMMERED LSU in the national championship game.

With all due respect, you're making yourself look foolish by trying to compare our 2007 team to last year's Alabama team

Reactions: 2 people
Every team has injuries every year. They plug another guy in and go out and compete. For some reason here at Tennessee of late, if we have a guy go down, we might as well shut the stadium down. "We have guys hurt, don't expect much". Will these excuses still be the same 5 years from now if Hart decides winning is no longer important to UT and keeps Dools?

Just admit you hate our coach. It would save you a lot of typing.

Oklahoma St lost midway through the season. Plus, you seem to forget Alabama HAMMERED LSU in the national championship game.

With all due respect, you're making yourself look foolish by trying to compare our 2007 team to last year's Alabama team

No 2Iron, there is no comparison and yes it would be foolish to compare the two. My point is that some on here have such a dislike for FCPF that they'll even bash the accompishments. No 2007 wasnt our finest hour. I've had to defend our NC year on here before. You've seen that yourself. I respect anyones opinions, especially yours, because its obvious you KNOW what youre talking about. If you or anyone for that matter wanted him gone, I can understand that, because I was torn myself. But the guy did a lot of good too, that shouldnt be tarnished. We cool?

I don't really agree with that. We were basically a .500 team when Fulmer was fired and are pretty much at that .500 level today.

I meant that we are rebuilding from a recruting standpoint (Fulmer) and from a compliance standpoint (Kiffin). No NCAA sanctions since Dooley was hired. We also have less thugs on the team, which may account for less wins. I'll take less wins and a clean program over the Nukeese Richardson's of the world any day.

Look at all of the players that were dismissed or left the program since Dooley took over. Alot of good players aren't here anymore. Stealing laptops? C'mon CC!!

Dooley is doing it the right way, we just have to start winning some of the close games and prove that we are back.

Go Vols!!!!!!!! :loco:

You friend and mentor, the Crimson Dragon fully supported getting rid of Fulmer. Now what are you guys arguing about?

You people trouble me like women.

Now you have the right staff.

Breathe.... Be still, be quiet.... Rest in the arms of the Dragon.

Last edited:
You friend and mentor, the Crimson Dragon fully supported getting rid of Fulmer. Now what are you guys arguing about?

You people trouble me like women.

Now you have the right staff.

Breathe.... Be still, be quiet.... Rest in the arms of the Dragon.

I spent my vacation at St. Pete Beach this summer. I ran through the toll booth, it was pouring down rain at night and I was in the "pass" lane. Beautiful area.

Just admit you hate our coach. It would save you a lot of typing.

I don't hate the man. He just has no business still coaching at UT. Sure, hire him and let him hang around for a year while the NCAA stuff worked itself out. He should have been gone after we knew there were to be no sanctions. 3 years into the Dooley project and it feels like we got caught giving 6.5 million dollars to renovate 64 recruits local churches. Feels like we have been through 3 years of probation, yet we brought it on ourselves. I don't hate Dooley. I would fire him in a second though.

Fulmer is the captain that hit the iceberg...his time had come. Just cause the AD was weak and couldnt hire a decent coach to replace the guy no reason to second guess the correct decision. Firing Fulmer was correct. After that, its been a clusterf-ck!

I love when even our own "fans" say we backed into the '07 SECCG. If you're one of those, please do me a favor. Next time you see an Alabama fan, (and they'll be plenty in Knoxville next week) ask them if they feel bad about "backing" into the NC game last year. Geez, they didnt even win their conference. Also, ask a NY Giants fan if theyre ashamed of their conference record from last year or if they appreciate the Lombardi Trophy.

But UT was absolutely destroyed in their regular-season losses, especially that 30+ rape at the hands of UF.

No 2Iron, there is no comparison and yes it would be foolish to compare the two. My point is that some on here have such a dislike for FCPF that they'll even bash the accompishments. No 2007 wasnt our finest hour. I've had to defend our NC year on here before. You've seen that yourself. I respect anyones opinions, especially yours, because its obvious you KNOW what youre talking about. If you or anyone for that matter wanted him gone, I can understand that, because I was torn myself. But the guy did a lot of good too, that shouldnt be tarnished. We cool?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely we're cool!

There's no reason anyone should ever have to defend the 1998 season. Did we get some breaks? Absolutely but so has virtually everyone else that has won it. You can't hardly win it WITHOUT getting a few breaks

Coach Fulmer is a GREAT Tennessee Vol. Played here and did a great job coaching has a NC to prove it.

At the end, he lost some of what made him great so we needed to move on.

Reactions: 1 person
I spent my vacation at St. Pete Beach this summer. I ran through the toll booth, it was pouring down rain at night and I was in the "pass" lane. Beautiful area.

Yeah, its pretty nice here. Hope you had fun.

Now that BP has destroyed the gulf with corexit I'm looking into moving.

Cheers

The end of the trail for me was when his pressers were moved to the Krispe Kreme.

I've learned from reading around here lately that no matter how much you dislike a team, you don't kick them when they're down.

Bama knows the Vols will be back and probably in a very bad mood.

YIKES!!! Exit, stage right....

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back