Who stays?

He missed pretty much a whole season of basketball.... I really doubt he wants to sit out two full seasons. Plus being an in-state kid probably helps our cause.

Yeah makes sense. He could also end up requesting a release.

I can go all day.

He missed pretty much a whole season of basketball.... I really doubt he wants to sit out two full seasons. Plus being an in-state kid probably helps our cause.

I said the same thing yesterday in another thread. I can't see him wanting to miss essentially two full years of basketball unless he really hates being at UT or really doesn't like the new hire.

My understanding of the Hubbs situation is that he was thinking of transferring because he didn't like the Martin system. I think with him it is a wait and see he may like the next coach's system better then again he may not. I think considering the roster and his opportunity for playing time he will make every effort to stay if he like his role and the system the team plays.

I love how people on here believe they know it all...you guys can't tell me that because Hubbs would have to sit a year that he would stay here. *******s!!!!

My understanding of the Hubbs situation is that he was thinking of transferring because he didn't like the Martin system. I think with him it is a wait and see he may like the next coach's system better then again he may not. I think considering the roster and his opportunity for playing time he will make every effort to stay if he like his role and the system the team plays.

How did you come to this understanding? Hard to believe he commits and signs without having a good idea of what Martin's offense is like.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm serious. How many left when Buzz got popped?

Hubbs isn't going to go somewhere and sit out a year.

Do you know this to be true or are you another on of these know it alls!!?? Save us some time and think before YOU post. Hubbs came here for the Coach, and his guy is gone...

I love how people on here believe they know it all...you guys can't tell me that because Hubbs would have to sit a year that he would stay here. *******s!!!!

No one is stating that as fact. It is my opinion that a kid who probably viewed himself as a two-and-done/three-and-done type talent will generally dislike the idea of missing what amounts to two years of basketball for the sake of transferring.

I think he'll make every effort to stay, unless he doesn't like being at UT in general or doesn't like the new coach. I'm not claiming that as gospel truth. It is my opinion, which I assumed was implied.

Well yeah. Does Hubbs?

That stuff has gotten carried away recently. It's been stretched by some to even family friends and not just say mother and father. So point being, I'm sure he could find someone in his family who has an illness and lives in West TN. Thus making a waiver to go play at Memphis or Vandy a possibility.

I can go all day.

Maybe I'm wrong, but since Hubbs is not a new signee, but rather already on scholarship, I don't think he can ask for a release simply because of a coaching change. It would have to be for some sort of medical hardship request to transfer closer to home, i.e. Tyler Smith, and a coaching change would not warrant that.

That stuff has gotten carried away recently. It's been stretched by some to even family friends and not just say mother and father. So point being, I'm sure he could find someone in his family who has an illness and lives in West TN. Thus making a waiver to go play at Memphis or Vandy a possibility.

I seriously doubt that is happening, but who knows?

Assuming our '14 signees are going to be able to be granted releases, who goes and who stays?

I think Austin and Cornish would most likely leave due to proximity. I would think we stand a better chance at retaing Cofer and Turman, but Cofer may have improved his stock since signing.

BUT, I don't know how big a factor time is. Some schools from which they had offers may have filled out their class by now, thus limiting the recruits' options.

My gut tells me we only retain one, but I could be wrong for a multitude of reasons. Maybe they can't transfer or maybe they want to be here anyway...who knows.

Also, keep in mind our next coach may bring some of their recruits here.

It depends on who the coach is.

If we hire a coach who took his team to the N.I.T. Sweet 16, then the players probably won't be impressed and may desire to leave.

If we hire a coach that has proven to be successful already, then they would likely all stay.

Our timing is real bad. We missed out on Pearl & on Tyler Summit.

I can go all day.

Maybe I'm wrong, but since Hubbs is not a new signee, but rather already on scholarship, I don't think he can ask for a release simply because of a coaching change. It would have to be for some sort of medical hardship request to transfer closer to home, i.e. Tyler Smith, and a coaching change would not warrant that.

He can certainly ask for the release based off of a coaching change, happens all the time. Obviously UT would probably not feel obliged to grant it, and they know we'd be losing an important player, so it's a different situation than say Chievous transferring.

It's been well documented that Smith's dying father did not want him coached by Pearl when the switch was made, hence the transfer. Dad came around and told Tyler to come back to UT, where he was given a wavier to play immediately.

How did you come to this understanding? Hard to believe he commits and signs without having a good idea of what Martin's offense is like.

Not when they are told one thing and another happens. Last summer, this team was going to be getting up and down the court. Martin's own words as he hinted trae wasn't capable and our new pgs could. Instead, they slowed it down and pounded in to Maymon too often and to stokes with his back to the basket late in the shot clock. That's why Hubbs crew had concerns. Thats also why we had a shooter decommit.
Martin hasn't shown to be a man of his word as some assume.

Reactions: 1 person
LWS saying on VQ he heard last night that Hubbs is pissed about the Martin deal and is seriously considering leaving. A couple posters on there who are from West TN are reporting the same.

VN Store

Back