Who Leaves Early and Who Will Be Drafted?

what are needs of NFL team nose pickers, and how best can the player's nose picker agents talk them up for a certain sum of money and a 1-5 year contract...it's just business baby...:)

GO VOLS!

Dobbs first round selection was contigent on us reaching the national title game.

I would still take him in the first round. But NFL teams are fickle. They always let great players fall in the draft cause they aren't very smart.

If you think he's not getting taken until the 3rd or 4th round, you'd be an absolute fool to take him in the 1st.

I think Kamara, Barnett, and Malone all go and will be drafted.

Of the seniors, I think Dobbs and Sutton will be drafted and JRM, Vereen, O'Brien, and Foreman will get FA looks.

No way with O'Brien unless he gets some help with his addiction problem. I also think Malone stays for his senior season. AK & Barnett are gone. Dobbs will get drafted but not too high.

Probably 4th-7th rounds. Sutton 2nd-3rd rounds. Foreman might get drafted late in the 6th-7th round but more likely like you said FA will probably be his better shot.

JRM has injury questions from NFL scouts about him which may hurt him. I still say he goes in somewhere between 3rd-5th rounds. Vereen either a 6th-7th round pick or FA signing. I forgot Barnett & where he will go. I say Barnett is a top 10 pick & possibly a top 5 pick.

Last edited:
I say we concoct some kind of scheme (unpaid parking tickets, library returns...something!) to keep all of the early declarers on campus. Wish them all well but would love to see them return.

I understand leaving though. If you are healthy this year and have a legit shot at the NFL, you take it.

Josh Dobbs will get a boost from the Dak Prescott phenomenon. I'm not saying he is as good as Prescott but they have similar size and style. A lot of pro teams have egg on their face for letting Dak drop to third round.

Reactions: 3 people
Josh Dobbs will get a boost from the Dak Prescott phenomenon. I'm not saying he is as good as Prescott but they have similar size and style. A lot of pro teams have egg on their face for letting Dak drop to third round.

Dak landed in the absolute perfect situation in Dallas. A dominating OL and great RB. Not every QB is going to have that luxury. He also walked into a team with a QB that is at the end of his career and riddled with injuries. Dallas also has one of the best WRs and reliable TEs in the NFL.

If Dak landed almost anywhere else, you likely would not be hearing that much about him.

Reactions: 3 people
I love Josh and am proud that he represents my university he will wow teams with his knowledge and interview skills but man watching the NFL and those throws that QBs have to make like threading a needle

What NFL are you watching?

Outside of 7-8 guys, the league is filled with guys who can't throw.

QB play in the NFL is seriously had right now.

Reactions: 1 person
If you think he's not getting taken until the 3rd or 4th round, you'd be an absolute fool to take him in the 1st.

Dak Prescott went in the 4th round and is right now in the running for NFL MVP as a rookie.

Would I have been a fool say he's a first round pick (if I said so last year)?

Exactly.

And it was 4th round BTW.

Dak landed in the absolute perfect situation in Dallas. A dominating OL and great RB. Not every QB is going to have that luxury. He also walked into a team with a QB that is at the end of his career and riddled with injuries. Dallas also has one of the best WRs and reliable TEs in the NFL.

If Dak landed almost anywhere else, you likely would not be hearing that much about him.

Regardless of the situation Dak has proven he can play. Its not like he isn't out there making plays. He's been performing at a high level.

And his play has shown he should have been a much higher pick.

I think Malone would benefit greatly staying another year, but if he does declare I think his stock could skyrocket. I believe he would dominate the combine and pro day and a team could fall in love with him. With that said I hope he stays and proves to teams he can be more consistent. Us breaking in a new QB could play a major factor in his decision.

Reactions: 1 person

Brees
Rodgers
Carr
Stafford
Manning
Ryan
Winston
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Prescott
Luck
Newton
Brady
Cousins

Are all solid.

More than half the league has a guaranteed starter and wouldn't draft a qb in the 1st three rounds.

The reports I've seen, outside of Kippy, have Dobbs slotted well behind Watson whom I've seen as a 3-4th round pick.

Brees
Rodgers
Carr
Stafford
Manning
Ryan
Winston
Rivers
Roethlisberger
Wilson
Prescott
Luck
Newton
Brady
Cousins

Are all solid.

More than half the league has a guaranteed starter and wouldn't draft a qb in the 1st three rounds.

The reports I've seen, outside of Kippy, have Dobbs slotted well behind Watson whom I've seen as a 3-4th round pick.

I'd add Mariota and Wentz to that list as well.

I disagree with the bolded though. The Browns, Jets, and my Bears are all desperate for a QB. Trubisky, Watson, and Kiser could all go 1st round.

Yeah but you know that every NFL CB is probably a former NCAA shut down corner...no one was more prepared than Peyton, and even he struggled some with the speed and talent in the NFL....I remember him saying his coach asked him why he didn't make some of the early reads..Peyton said he didn't get much separation...Coach responded..."son, we call that open in this league"

Josh Dobbs is going to fool a lot of you. If he even wants to play pro football, he is a Dak Prescott in the waiting. Will give some team a viable threat as a back-up. Wait and see.

I think Malone leaves. This years WR class is weak. And physically he's talented enough to dominate at the combine.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him run a 4.3 40 yard dash. And if he does that watch him shoot up the rankings.

Could go as high as the 3rd round.

Malone doesn't run a 4.3

I love JRM but I think his injuries are going to make teams back off and it will be like Tiny Richardson..he will get a look and a chance with FA

JRM is a tricky one because of the injury. If it doesn't worry scouts then the HIGHEST I seem him going is 3rd but I'd say 4-5th. His playmaking ability, speed, could be used on the outside.

Dobbs first round selection was contigent on us reaching the national title game.

I would still take him in the first round. But NFL teams are fickle. They always let great players fall in the draft cause they aren't very smart.

Part of the reason UT isn't sitting there with 9 or 10 wins is the turnovers. Dobbs, while he has a knack, or rather a gift, for making huge plays also has a habit of committing some bad turnovers. The bad comes with the good in Dobbs' case.

Malone doesn't run a 4.3

We'll see.

Nobody thought North and Randolph could run 4.4 40s at this time last year. And then they did it.

I see Malone as significantly faster than them based on what I saw watching the games. We'll just have to wait and see what he runs. I personally wouldn't be surprised if he ran a 4.38 or something in that range.

Dobbs- wont go to the NFL. If he decides to go, 6-7th round or likely undrafted

Sutton- will go but because of his injury will depend on his combine. I suspect 3-4th round.

Kamara- 2nd round

JRM- undrafted

Barnett- top 5-10, first round lock

Malone- I dont think he goes. If he does, maybe 3-4th round.

Spot on.

Yeah this looks good to me.

VN Store

Back