Who knows cars?

Both the demon and the new Cherokee will, in all likelihood, have dealers asking for prices over the sticker price.

Next year I will be getting a new car. I'm going big this time and have narrowed my choices down to 2:

Dodge Demon

or

KIA Stinger

I was originally looking at a BMW M4. But I stumbled onto an article about the KIA Stinger and how it destroyed the Porsche Cayenne and the M4 in head to head testing. The only thing I would be worried about with the Demon is that it is 800 HP :blink: and that it's a Dodge.

Just wondering if anybody has experience with these, especially the Demon... does it have the typical Dodge transmission problems or the Dodge sludge?

Thanks.

Maybe it depends on the insurance?

Honda, Audi, BMW, Mercedes is your best resell value..
German cars don't generally have very good resale value. I don't know about Audi, but BMW and Mercedes don't have particularly good resale because of a large supply of off lease vehicles and maintenance costs that come with age.

That is one of the main things I am worried about with the Demon. That is just a helluva lot of horsepower for a street legal. Seems like I read that the NHRA has banned the Demon as well because it is too powerful.

The local Chevy dealer offers $1500 toward driving school if you buy a new Vette. Smart on their part due to people wanting that kind of power and having no clue how to handle it.

V6 AWD Stinger GTs can be had for about 40 grand with no dealer markups/premiums. Factor in the warranty and it should be a no-brainer.

Best thing you can do is by something a couple years old instead of brand new. Unless you can afford to wipe your a$$ with $100 bills

If he’s seriously considering a Demon, he could throw thousands of dollars off a cliff and it wouldn’t affect him much. I doubt any of them have sold for less than $100,000.

Yep....and then you’re a proud owner of a Kia...
They used to refer to Toyota and Honda the same way. American auto manufacturers kept putting out junk, disregarded the Japanese, and the Japanese took their market. The Koreans build a good car. They keep improving.

Yep....and then you’re a proud owner of a Kia...

Hey, I've owned two KIA's in the last few years. The Optima is a fantastic car (if you go with the highest trim level). And the Forte Koup (again, go with highest trim level) is a blast to drive. I compare it to an Audi A4, except that the Koup corners sooo much better than an Audi. It basically is an Audi since KIA stole Audi's lead engineer several years back. Hyundai stole BMW's M series lead engineer last year or a couple of years ago too.

If you haven't checked out the Korean cars in a while, you should. They ain't cheap 60k mile throwaways anymore bud.

Odd pair to choose from. Huge difference in both price and performance. Demon is an expensive straight line dragster. Stinger is a bargain priced wannabe track car. Why these two?

Odd pair to choose from. Huge difference in both price and performance. Demon is an expensive straight line dragster. Stinger is a bargain priced wannabe track car. Why these two?

I have fallen in love with KIA over the last 5 years. Very impressed with their quality, value and options. And the Stinger just looks beautiful. They are finally putting out a performance car.

The Demon because... well, because.

It's not just those two. There are others I'm looking at; Alfa Romeo Giulia, Maserati Ghibli looks interesting, also will look at Mustangs and Corvettes.

I just asked about these two, because there is a lot of information and opinion about Mustangs and Camaro and Vettes and the more common cars. Not a lot of word of mouth on the Demon or the Stinger and I was curious about if anyone had any experience with them.

Last edited:
I have fallen in love with KIA over the last 5 years. Very impressed with their quality, value and options. And the Stinger just looks beautiful. They are finally putting out a performance car.

The Demon because... well, because.

It's not just those two. There are others I'm looking at; Alfa Romeo Giulia, Maserati Ghibli looks interesting, also will look at Mustangs and Corvettes.

I just asked about these two, because there is a lot of information and opinion about Mustangs and Camaro and Vettes and the more common cars. Not a lot of word of mouth on the Demon or the Stinger and I was curious about if anyone had any experience with them.

Fair enough. I guess a follow-up question would then be what do you plan to do with your car? With the range you're discussing, narrowing by driving preference would be easier. I'm assuming you aren't just buying to buy.

Fair enough. I guess a follow-up question would then be what do you plan to do with your car? With the range you're discussing, narrowing by driving preference would be easier. I'm assuming you aren't just buying to buy.
When you get the itch to buy a car, you have to scratch the itch.

VN Store

Back