Who Does Michigan Hire?

What about the coach at Utah? Whittingham, I think is his name. He always seems to have them playing very good football. I think they're actually sitting atop the PAC-12 right now with Oregon.

Maybe UF wil take him -re the last Utah coach they hired away from Utah, did quite well there much to UTs demise

You are speaking with ignorance. Go back and watch his game against Oregon this year and tell me his team doesn't have competent schemes and priority on certain aspects of defense. Again, would you expect Ball St. to shutout a power school because their coach is a defensive minded guy?

No.

Talent is about 70% the problem. The rest has to do with his offense putting up more points per game, and have allowing other (more talented) teams more drives per game. Of course he is going to give up points.

If we both were in charge of top 30+ schools, you go hire Mike London or Pat Narduzzi, I'll take Mike Leach. I can assure you by the end of a certain time frame you would see he's no where near "garbage".

He had ranked, even as high as #5, teams at TTU of all places, going against a pretty good Big 12 at the time.

I can care less about him - pretend you are a UM fan and post it on one of their boards -- bet you will get flamed big time

Second fiddle to hoops at Kentucky is overblown; it's second fiddle because it's been bad forever. They get way more support than they're given credit for.

And a big reason Franklin left was he couldn't get 30K to show up when they were winning. Stoops is getting sellouts and they've technically not won yet.

Stoops deserves a ton of credit, and UK has usually been very fan supportive of football even in terrible years... but are you seriously trying to argue it isn't overshadowed by UK Hoops?

247 reported Butch would have interest if offered. If Michigan wants a coach with back to back 5-7 seasons, then by all means take him.

and we get who to start over again with ? If this happens Fulmer better get rehired - I am fed up with waiting to return to prominance

Why? Explain.

Because Butch leaving now would be disastrous for the program.

The 2015 class would fall apart and some of the guys from the 2014 class would transfer. Then the current players would have to learn yet another new system and the program would have seen 5 head coaches in 8 years. You simply can't win under those circumstances.

Reactions: 2 people

The 2015 class would fall apart and some of the guys from the 2014 class would transfer. Then the current players would have to learn yet another new system and the program would have seen 5 head coaches in 8 years. You simply can't win under those circumstances.

Exactly

Because coaches now give an f about what they're leaving? That's really your answer. Butch is soooo "VFL" that he'd stay because of the implications it would have on a program that has had 4 different coaches in the last decade?

Sorry to be blunt, but damn.

Reactions: 1 person
Learn this: coaches no longer care about your traditions or your passion or your stories history no matter what school you're at. It's about $. This is nearly a billion $ industry and the sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be. You think people like living in Waco Texas? Or Starksville Ms? Or Morgantown Va?

Reactions: 1 person
Hell at least College Station is an hour from Houston and 3 from Dallas but still.....

I would love to see UF follow Muschamp up with that venereal disease. He may make them better in the extremely short term, but cancer would eat their program from within. Then a third year performance like his last at USC, he's fired in a bus station bathroom and left stranded. UF is left to talk to the NCAA and rebuild with reduced scholarships.

PLEASE!

IIRC, Kiffin had to deal with reduced scholarships at USC after Pete Carroll's departure.

I can care less about him - pretend you are a UM fan and post it on one of their boards -- bet you will get flamed big time

I wasn't asking you to care, we were having a discussion on the topic at hand.

Also he wasn't in my top 5, I merely made a statement that with talent he could win big.

I couldn't care less about Michigan message boards, Mike.

My top 5 targets would be:

Dan Mullen
David Cutcliffe
Mark Stoops
Jim McElwain
Ruffin McNeil

And it's a discussion for a different day but I would love to see Mike Leach get 4 years with the type of kids they can get at Michigan. Holy ****.

Leach would be a disaster at Michigan or any other top flight program. His personality is best suited for cities like Lubbock or Pullman. Put him in a fish bowl like Ann Arbor, Knoxville, or Gainesville and the guy would implode.

Reactions: 2 people
Guys. Y'all know how this plays out. They rumor Miles to Michigan, they throw out other big names that'll never leave the NFL, then they hire some obscure coordinator from a regional school that no one has ever heard of. It's not rocket surgery.

Miles ain't leaving Red Stick and they don't want your coach.

IIRC, Kiffin had to deal with reduced scholarships at USC after Pete Carroll's departure.

Kiffin had to deal with quite a bit at USC:

a two-year bowl ban, four years' probation, loss of scholarships and forfeits of an entire year's games

---

USC was penalized for a lack of institutional control in the ruling by the NCAA following its four-year investigation. The report cited numerous improper benefits for Bush and former basketball player O.J. Mayo, who spent just one year with the Trojans.

-----

The penalties include the loss of 30 football scholarships over three years and vacating 14 victories in which Bush played from December 2004 through the 2005 season.

He was pretty much hired as their coach to hold everything together after Pete Carroll bolted late in the offseason to the NFL to avoid all the Reggie Bush sanctions that were about to hit the program.

Because coaches now give an f about what they're leaving? That's really your answer. Butch is soooo "VFL" that he'd stay because of the implications it would have on a program that has had 4 different coaches in the last decade?

Sorry to be blunt, but damn.

You suck at reading comprehension. My post wasn't about Butch giving a damn about staying here or "caring" about the future of the program, it was about Hart ponying up the money to keep him here.

Because ultimately, Hart's job could be on the line if Butch bails and he can't find anyone decent to replace him. Butch needs to stay here for 4-5 years minimum, and Hart needs to make sure that happens no matter what offers come along.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back