Who Does Michigan Hire?

Funny thing is both Harbaughs could be available soon. I could really see Les leaving this yr. The west is brutal. Way easier path to playoffs in Rust Belt.

If LSU doesn't beat TAM next week and Brandon Harris transfers I could see the heat in Baton Rouge really increasing. LSU will have one scholarship QB (Jennings :eek:hmy:) on the roster with only one QB commit for next year who weighs 170lbs.

LSU fans are going to be Les's worse nightmare pretty soon if the above two things happen though, I think.

LSU has all the pieces for next year except a QB and all the fans know it.

So who goes to Lsu? Saban?

I think 90% of the fans would rather see Tiger Stadium be destroyed, the other 10% are insane.

We'll see how this plays out in the next few weeks, if those two things happen, I wouldn't be surprised by much, which is unfortunate because I thought Les's best coaching (and the entire staff) years have been last year and this year.... up till this last week.

Mistake #1, doubling down on Jennings with almost no playing time for Harris, mistake #2, unwilling to admit mistake #1.

Lots of smoke though.... I don't think Les would get fired, but the fans are not going to go down easy if there is a repeat of the QB play against TAM while Harris rides the bench. I think, if LSU loses to TAM and Harris transfers, Les's time might be limited.... maybe even willingly.

LSU has all the pieces for a good run next year if even they have average QB play, fans know it.

If LSU doesn't beat TAM next week and Brandon Harris transfers I could see the heat in Baton Rouge really increasing. LSU will have one scholarship QB (Jennings :eek:hmy:) on the roster with only one QB commit for next year who weighs 170lbs.

LSU fans are going to be Les's worse nightmare pretty soon if the above two things happen though, I think.

LSU has all the pieces for next year except a QB and all the fans know it.

Harris transferring?

Harris transferring?

There has been lots of smoke on this one for about 6-7 weeks, Harris has been a class act in public statements, been saying he just needs to get better.

Harris has shown he has some very major upside, Jennings has High School or Community College skills. We'll see, I actually like Harris, he did run into a buzzsaw at Auburn but he has the natural ability to play.... he needs to get better, he needs playing time, etc.

If Harris is not the future.... Les's future is in doubt, because there is nobody else.

There has been lots of smoke on this one for about 6-7 weeks, Harris has been a class act in public statements, been saying he just needs to get better.

Harris has shown he has some very major upside, Jennings has High School or Community College skills. We'll see, I actually like Harris, he did run into a buzzsaw at Auburn but he has the natural ability to play.... he needs to get better, he needs playing time, etc.

If Harris is not the future.... Les's future is in doubt, because there is nobody else.

dont recall the kids name but he is the #1QB in his class maybe a HS /soph/Jr this year - was a decommit from Arizona and commited to LSU

dont recall the kids name but he is the #1QB in his class maybe a HS /soph/Jr this year - was a decommit from Arizona and commited to LSU

Shea Patterson, he's 2016 class, but hasn't committed, also Feleipe Franks is a 2016 commit. Patterson's brother is a LSU assistant.

That doesn't help Les much right now, fans will boil Les alive in the crab boil way before 2016-2017, if Harris transfers. Worse case scenario is Harris transfers, fans think Harris is god's gift to football... Les has deuce high in his hand remaining.

Jennings plays hard but there is no room for Rudy in the starting lineup in the SEC.

So, yeah... a loss to TAM next week and transfer of Harris.... if I were Les I would move out while the offer is there, if it is. We'll see how the next few weeks works out.

Last edited:
Simply because a person is from there doesn't mean a whole lot, some of the greatest coaches have no ties to the schools/teams they excelled: Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mack Brown, Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Dan Mullen, Bobby Bowden, Gus Malzahn, Bob Stoops, and Tommy Tuberville just to name a few. There are very few Phil Fulmers and Bear Bryants contrary to what most people think. Do you really think that at no point in time the home schools or state schools didn't make a push to land the above mentioned coaches? Yet, they were unsuccessful and in some cases on multiple occasions. Those who go into the coaching profession know that it will take them to many places for long periods of time.

None of those coaches home state schools or alma maters are a step up/lateral move other than Richt and Miles. So most of the examples are poor. Obviously no one would expect Saban to leave Bama for WVU (home state) or Kent State (alma mater).

Harris transferring?

On the previous note, hopefully not derailing the thread too much... LSU offers JUCO QB Chad Kelly.

:crazy:

Not looking good for Les, we'll see.

Update: I have three good sources, each source is telling me something different... I guess I don't have three good sources. LMAO Wait and see on this one.

Last edited:
None of those coaches home state schools or alma maters are a step up/lateral move other than Richt and Miles. So most of the examples are poor. Obviously no one would expect Saban to leave Bama for WVU (home state) or Kent State (alma mater).

Really? Miami (Richt), Alabama (Bowden), so Michigan wanting Miles or Ohio State wanting Stoops would be lateral moves or a lesser school? West Virginia would be a lesser move at Alabama but not at Michigan State or Toledo. He has spurned them in the past on many occasions as has Richt. In this profession, the home state means little to most coaches.

Really? Miami (Richt), Alabama (Bowden), so Michigan wanting Miles or Ohio State wanting Stoops would be lateral moves or a lesser school? West Virginia would be a lesser move at Alabama but not at Michigan State or Toledo. He has spurned them in the past on many occasions as has Richt. In this profession, the home state means little to most coaches.

May want to re-read where I noted Richt and Miles would fit into the situation you were referencing. I forgot about Bowden being from AL and Stoops being OH. I associated WV with Bowden cause he spent a lot of his early career there and Stoops is an Iowa alum so I had that in my head.

The next question becomes were any of those coaches legit candidates at their respective state schools other than Miles in 2007? Butch's name is being thrown out by the media more than I remember Stoops for the OSU opening or Richt at Miami.

May want to re-read where I noted Richt and Miles would fit into the situation you were referencing. I forgot about Bowden being from AL and Stoops being OH. I associated WV with Bowden cause he spent a lot of his early career there and Stoops is an Iowa alum so I had that in my head.

The next question becomes were any of those coaches legit candidates at their respective state schools other than Miles in 2007? Butch's name is being thrown out by the media more than I remember Stoops for the OSU opening or Richt at Miami.

When has the media ever been right on a coaching search lately? Mack Brown is from Tennessee, so is Bill Belichick and Steve Spurrier. Tennessee would kill to have either one as the coach. Alabama tried to hire Bobby Bowden on multiple occasions. The home state means little these days.

Its looking like its safe to say Harbaugh will be UMs next coach - after yesterdays 49ers game I think he is out at SF

Les was never a candidate for the UM job in 2007 despite what the media was saying.

Don't know what you mean by "candidate" but there were serious talks on the table.

If Les is going to leave, this is really the last opportunity for it, he will be 61 this year.

Don't know what you mean by "candidate" but there were serious talks on the table.

If Les is going to leave, this is really the last opportunity for it, he will be 61 this year.

He wont go - I think he loves it at LSU and will retire there

VN Store

Back