Who do we want?

Don’t know if the line is out yet, but I’ll be shocked if we’re not favored.

3 ways I could see Creighton winning;

- if they shoot 40%+ from 3
- refs call an extremely close game and they shoot 25+ free throws
- we have another abysmal shooting night

I’m sure we be placing an emphasis on guarding the 3 point line. They have the ability to hit them anyway but we will make it difficult. Also, I’ve watched more games than usual this weekend and the refs are letting them play for the most part. I hope CRB has us pressing the D at half court and being relentless denying passing lanes and disrupting their flow.

I like our chances to advance!

Don’t know if the line is out yet, but I’ll be shocked if we’re not favored.

3 ways I could see Creighton winning;

- if they shoot 40%+ from 3
- refs call an extremely close game and they shoot 25+ free throws
- we have another abysmal shooting night

I’m sure we be placing an emphasis on guarding the 3 point line. They have the ability to hit them anyway but we will make it difficult. Also, I’ve watched more games than usual this weekend and the refs are letting them play for the most part. I hope CRB has us pressing the D at half court and being relentless denying passing lanes and disrupting their flow.

I like our chances to advance!

We are favored. -2.5 last I saw

Reactions: walkenvol
I think we have the ability to lock down all of their best players.

Ashford will get locked down by Zeigler.
Their one tall white guy we have the perfect matchup in JJJ.
That one black dude they have that’s decent should be shadowed by Mashack.

My only concern is when we do our help defense and stretch it out for kicks, they start drilling 3s. We need to be super sticky and not let them get any non-contested shots.

Aidoo & Knecht will have a game. I’m expecting a big game from both.

Play our best game of the season so far and it doesn't matter which one we play. We're due to blow someone away after the Ugly of today. No Jinx intended.
It truly was a defensive work of art. Missing shots is always ugly, but we have to give credit to that exceptional defensive performance.

We do need to watch the turnovers as well. We’ve had some loose handles the first two tournament games. If we do that, out rebound Creighton, and play shutdown defense, I like our chances. If we don’t do those 3 things, we will have to shoot well to win.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I think we have the ability to lock down all of their best players.

Ashford will get locked down by Zeigler.
Their one tall white guy we have the perfect matchup in JJJ.
That one black dude they have that’s decent should be shadowed by Mashack.

My only concern is when we do our help defense and stretch it out for kicks, they start drilling 3s. We need to be super sticky and not let them get any non-contested shots.

Aidoo & Knecht will have a game. I’m expecting a big game from both.
You've got JJJ on Kalkbrenner?

That wasn't his context and you know it. You do the same thing but are a little more subtle about it
What are you talking about? I'm agreeing with him. I don't get on here and pretend like we beat the 1960's Celtics when we beat a St Peters like some but I got complete respect for a Texas win.

After the Texas win, which was sickening (shooting) and scary (we could have lost), I think the Vols are destined for a deep run or championship.

VN Store

Back