Which Particular Player Do You Have The Highest Expectations For?

Jennings will be considered the best WR in the SEC and one of top 10 in the country.

High expectations:

Kelly
Jennings
D. Taylor
Nigel Warrior

High Hopes:
Most of the OL
KMac finally taking the next step
Kongbo
Kirkland, Bituli, Smith, Sapp, basically the LB corps as a whole
Byrd
Dormady
Wolf
Phillips

Reactions: 1 person
gotta be QB for sure (whomever it is)...most important position on the field...no righteous QB play...no future...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dormady. He's a 4th year Junior with talent. He seems to know the system inside and out. He has a sense for placing the ball and getting it out in time so receivers can make plays. I look forward to seeing him play.

Reactions: 4 people
Dormady. He's a 4th year Junior with talent. He seems to know the system inside and out. He has a sense for placing the ball and getting it out in time so receivers can make plays. I look forward to seeing him play.

I don't think Quinten ever got a redshirt year. Was Josh's backup both seasons he's been at Tennessee. He's a true junior. I agree with you on all the upside he's showing so far. Showing a ton of poise for a fellow who has never yet been through an SEC season gauntlet. Have high hopes he'll carry that poise all season long.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The entire offensive line! No more excuses. Get your butt down and pushing someone outa da way!!!!

The entire defense. They will prove that the last half of last year was a fluke, and will be dominant this year under shoop.

there a lot of players that come to mind,but I'm going with Coach Rock

keep em healthy coach :)

QD is a "true junior", 3rd year in the program. Agree with everything else.

Single player, shy Tuttle. Need him to stay healthy and be the impact we've seen him to be periodically.

Unit....I have very high expectations for the O Line...

I would never put the weight of a season's worth of expectations on any single player's shoulders. This isn't tennis, and it's not golf. It's as "team" as team sports get.

So I'll wish them all well, and say I have lofty expectations for the entire team. Just not gonna single any one of them out in this way. It seems counter-productive to the essence of a team sport.

p.s. In kinda the same way, not at all a fan of schools offering scholarships to 13 year olds (or 10 year olds, as someone did lately). Talk about screwing a kid up for life...might as well just name him Sue and get it over with.

Entire offensive line must execute as a unit not 5 individuals and different levels of effort and technique....without this we go from a best case scenario of 10-2 to 7-5. However I expect Ethan Wolf to have a Jason Witten type year moving the chains and play action touchdowns.

In this offense? I'd say he'll be hard pressed to match Malone's numbers from last year

After four years of watching it, we think we understand this offense. We think we know how it looks and feels.

But what we really know is how it looks and feels with Josh Dobbs at QB, with Jalen Hurd at RB, and with a growing OLine learning how to work together. We know one, just one, iteration of this offense.

Thing is, this kind of offensive scheme is very malleable. It can have strong flavor of an option offense, which is what we've seen more than anything else, given our mobile QB and a stable of good running backs. It can look like a spread air raid attack, which we have NOT seen yet (but might starting this fall). It can look like a lot of things, depending on who's executing it.

So hold on to your seats...we maybe ain't seen the half of it yet.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back