Where there's smoke there's fire?

Paging Larry...........any truth to this?

JAV=LWS, both inside guys. Butch needs JG to stay, he is the future. JG needs to realize he is still learning and his time will come. If you want to play, work harder for it. There is more names beside these three tho. Can't imagine RBs are happy not getting the ball on the one yard line. Need Saturday to hurry up and demolish UMass.

Butch will be gone by either the first open date or Thanksgiving and replaced by Fulmer as interim, who will be charged with saving the recruiting class, and $hit-canning that god-awful read-option offense that is a f'n joke. By February, we will have a new coach, don't laugh, Derrick Mason, from VU after they go 10-2 and beat UT again!

I don't know about the Mason deal but I've told several friends that CPF was hired as insurance. When and if CBJ gets removed, CPF would be there to keep the class intact and most importantly hold the fanbase together until the permanent hire is made.
It's actually brilliant when you stop to think about it.

Reactions: 1 person
This actually gives me a lot of hope. I didn't know they both went there. Venables would do wonders here.

I'll also say. Putting the jigsaw together. Venables has been waiting for two things.

1: the right situation
2: the right money

Tennessee is both right now. With a new AD who wants to make a legacy. My belief is, behind the scene (this IS a rumor thread), Tennessee is in position to make a balls out LSU type move. We just have to let it happen. Let's be helpful to this cause and not a negative.

I have a been a Butch apologist up until now simply because i remember how awful 5-7 was for so many years. I am trying to enjoy 8 win season, as it wasn't too long ago that I would have loved an 8 win season.
I'm not ANGRY that we lost to Florida, I'm ANGRY about HOW we lost to Florida.

I'm still not ready to join the mob quite yet, but I'm coming on board if he loses to anybody other than Alabama the rest of the way.
And newsflash...that ain't happening! This team can beat any of those on the schedule, but we'll be out-coached by USC and Vanderbilt again.

Reactions: 2 people
Rumors circulating he is ready to Leave UT along with a few others. dont know how true it is but between that and Wiggins not playing sat makes me wonder.

Where would Wiggins go? He's out of chances

Except it was never posted there, that was a Photoshop.
just to quote this again.

There was also another report around someone texting with Byrd that was proven to be a troll.

Where are the legit sources? People get very reactionary following loses like this and latch on to things that they would otherwise laugh at. Just step back and think some of these things thru

Y'all believe anything y'all are getting troooooolled.. look at the op's threads.. especially after the game I saw a few and I was like ok this dude is trollllolling

I'll also say. Putting the jigsaw together. Venables has been waiting for two things.

Tennessee is both right now. With a new AD who wants to make a legacy. My belief is, behind the scene (this IS a rumor thread), Tennessee is in position to make a balls out LSU type move. We just have to let it happen. Let's be helpful to this cause and not a negative.

How is an Ed Ogeron type move an improvement

Reactions: 3 people
What worries me about Venables is he's never been a HC. It's hard to think of a DC who's had success with his first HC job being in the SEC.

Why can't we pony up and spend the money on a proven HC? Seems we are the only prominent program nationally that's unwilling to do so.

A balls out LSU type move? So we want Hoke?

JAV=LWS, both inside guys. Butch needs JG to stay, he is the future. JG needs to realize he is still learning and his time will come. If you want to play, work harder for it. There is more names beside these three tho. Can't imagine RBs are happy not getting the ball on the one yard line. Need Saturday to hurry up and demolish UMass.

Umass game will not move the needle. Maybe the UGA game can do that but I don't see how we win that one based on how both teams are playing. Butch is a proven hothead and I don't see him taking this well. I would not want to be under his authority as a staff member or as a player right now.

I mean a middle of the season type move. Venables is not your average coordinator folks. He should have been head coach a while ago. He's the guy everyone wants and he's been holding out. Comes from one of the most successful coaching trees in history. This is the guy that beats Alabama in the playoffs on a regular basis.

I mean a middle of the season type move. Venables is not your average coordinator folks. He should have been head coach a while ago. He's the guy everyone wants and he's been holding out. Comes from one of the most successful coaching trees in history. This is the guy that beats Alabama in the playoffs on a regular basis.

Heard a quote from Mike and Mike this morning bout Venerables defense.. can't remember he's produced so many sacks in his tenure at Clemson it was an unreal number..

If you want to make this kind of big league move how would go about it? Think about it real hard. I know it's hard. How would you put yourself and this university in position to go after a guy like that in the middle of the season? There is a plan at work here IMO.

Where would Wiggins go? He's out of chances

just to quote this again.

There was also another report around someone texting with Byrd that was proven to be a troll.

Where are the legit sources? People get very reactionary following loses like this and latch on to things that they would otherwise laugh at. Just step back and think some of these things thru

True statement. I would still like to hear DP or Larry say that there is NO turmoil going on behind the scenes. Some times, tall tales, have a teaspoon of truth in them. Usually not.

True statement. I would still like to hear DP or Larry say that there is NO turmoil going on behind the scenes. Some times, tall tales, have a teaspoon of truth in them. Usually not.

A bunch of very competitive men just lost on a last second 60yd pass play to their division rival. There was bound to be some heat coming from their discussions. However it means very little in terms of where the staff is as a whole.

I would be more worried if they weren't upset

A bunch of very competitive men just lost on a last second 60yd pass play to their division rival. There was bound to be some heat coming from their discussions. However it means very little in terms of where the staff is as a whole.

I would be more worried if they weren't upset
Something's i can agree with ya on and that's a true statement..

I posted this in another thread but I thought it might be better recepted here.

Two things, I've thought Butch needed to go for 3 years now and every year he quells those emotions enough to hold on and be optimistic. I've never had confidence in his coaching ability he hasn't done anything to make you believe you should anyway. He can recruit that's great. I love that he remade our roster.

I am a student on campus and I love having classes with the players I love seeing my friends get to play and I love pulling for them. Butch makes it so hard because the only way to make it known as a fan base is to not go to games and we all know how hard that is. I'm not going to not go to games because it's not about Butch at the end of the day it's about the players but they deserve better. I know he has upgraded coaches but it should be very clear to everyone he is holding them back.

And knowing guys on the team comes with a lot of ups and downs in emotion because I hear the good the bad and the ugly about practices, the weight room, and relationships with coaches. Should be star players on the team smoke and drink 3-4 nights a week, the abuse xanax, they willingly skip workouts, and worst of all some are totally apathetic even as senior because Butch is a moron!

They know it l know it and everyone knows it. He needs to go before he creates an irreversible culture problem which was part of Dooley's damage too.

Don't ask who else are we gonna get I believe there are better actually coaches who know X's and O's in high school football, d 3, d 2, and FCS. Go get someone who isn't a clown. Just watch how red that loser gets, it's clear he lacks emotional intelligence which is terrible for a "leader."

I know we could sit here all day and post about the games he's botched.

Let these set in

Floridas never been worse and he's 1-4 against them.
Vandy he is 3-2 against. No one, I repeat no one that has ever coached UT football has lost two games to Vanderbilt except Dooley and Butch, and the guy before Neyland in 1925!!!!!!

A move can be made and should be made. I can't remember when the last time the coaching market has been this deep. Stoops, Miles, Venables, Kelly... any of those would be a huge improvement over Jones. We have a talented core and in state talent is at an all time high. It needs to get done this year. The timing is the only thing that matters at this point.

Lol ya because my number of posts on here totally determines what our decisions should be regarding our football program...

No. Your duration with us should make you think twice about inviting a valued, long term poster to leave the board. Get over yourself and learn to live with disagreement.

I posted this in another thread but I thought it might be better recepted here.

Two things, I've thought Butch needed to go for 3 years now and every year he quells those emotions enough to hold on and be optimistic. I've never had confidence in his coaching ability he hasn't done anything to make you believe you should anyway. He can recruit that's great. I love that he remade our roster.

I am a student on campus and I love having classes with the players I love seeing my friends get to play and I love pulling for them. Butch makes it so hard because the only way to make it known as a fan base is to not go to games and we all know how hard that is. I'm not going to not go to games because it's not about Butch at the end of the day it's about the players but they deserve better. I know he has upgraded coaches but it should be very clear to everyone he is holding them back.

And knowing guys on the team comes with a lot of ups and downs in emotion because I hear the good the bad and the ugly about practices, the weight room, and relationships with coaches. Should be star players on the team smoke and drink 3-4 nights a week, the abuse xanax, they willingly skip workouts, and worst of all some are totally apathetic even as senior because Butch is a moron!

They know it l know it and everyone knows it. He needs to go before he creates an irreversible culture problem which was part of Dooley's damage too.

Don't ask who else are we gonna get I believe there are better actually coaches who know X's and O's in high school football, d 3, d 2, and FCS. Go get someone who isn't a clown. Just watch how red that loser gets, it's clear he lacks emotional intelligence which is terrible for a "leader."

I know we could sit here all day and post about the games he's botched.

Let these set in

Floridas never been worse and he's 1-4 against them.
Vandy he is 3-2 against. No one, I repeat no one that has ever coached UT football has lost two games to Vanderbilt except Dooley and Butch, and the guy before Neyland in 1925!!!!!!

Hate to hear of that going on and I believe in everything you've posted and you're right I believe he's the laughing stock of college football, jus the gimmicks slogans play calling all of it is on Botch...'he's done imo..

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Cutt back with Casey Clausen as OC HC in waiting. I think iceman would make a helluva head coach. Who better to learn from than Cutt? Of course that's probably just a pipe dream

What? Hire an inept interim as our full-time coach and get embarrassed the third game of next season?

Please, no.

VN Store

Back