Where there's smoke there's fire?

Why? It happened to Les Miles about 1 year ago. He won a national championship and played for another one at the program that canned him and is a pretty well respected coach by most pundits and other coaches.

You act like Tennessee has never canned a head coach. Tennessee fired Johnny Majors and Philip Fulmer, but suddenly Butch is out of reach?

That's really working for LSU they got a bottom feeder coach with no class.

Sounds like immature BS to me. Byrd is Scotts recruit. JG and his parents always showed love to Jones. Wiggins can't crack the starting line up. Peyton Manning is not one to run away from this. Especially since he never beat Florida. Oh well

This always gets me. Do you think any player or parent would not show love to their coaches?? Of course not. It would be playing suicide!

Hope this is true. Slept good last night after I saw this in the recruiting forum. Just the thought of Butch Jones job possibly coming to an end is wonderful news

Reactions: 5 people
I could name a plethora of missed games..

1. Oklahoma

2.Every Florida game since butch came to Tennessee with the exception being 2016

3. Alabama 2015

...just to name a few.

By the end of this year the guy will have coached 60... SIXTY games excluding bowl games..

We have not 1 divisional win, not 1 conference title, not 1 playoff spot, not 1 NC.

4 nacho bowl games later.. and where are we?? Still with a lame dang duck mac coach who lost to a down Florida team..

Yes, indeed. And how about the inexplicable losses. Had the East pretty much locked up and lose to SC...then Vandy.

I had the misfortune of being at the SC game. Talk about a bad experience. Being taunted by SC fans isnt pleasant to say the least.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank God!

A poster who makes sense....

hahaha

I don't know how true this is, but Butch sure seems to have constant turmoil and discontent among his players and coaches. He has already gone through three other coordinators and I don't think Bajakian and Debord were forced out. I think they got fed up and ran for the hills.

I would wait and evaluate during the bye week after the Georgia game. If it is more of the same incompetence:

Fire Butch and Shoop. Promote Scott to interim HC/OC and Hoke to DC to only finish out the season. I would then let it be known that Tennessee is ready to pay top dollar, and I would not settle for anything than a top tier coach.

Rumors circulating he is ready to Leave UT along with a few others. dont know how true it is but between that and Wiggins not playing sat makes me wonder.

Well agree to disagree then because imo you are the type of person who destroys programs. Apathetic and worthless.

I've never once advocated for us hiring Gruden. I've said multiple times we should hire Venables at Clemson.

Well look man, I've been pushing for Venables hard too. I'll just leave this here.

Currie is from Kstate
Venables is from Kstate

Who do you think is the number one guy on Curries list?

Well look man, I've been pushing for Venables hard too. I'll just leave this here.

Currie is from Kstate
Venables is from Kstate

Who do you think is the number one guy on Curries list?

This actually gives me a lot of hope. I didn't know they both went there. Venables would do wonders here.

Interesting. Who is that guy? What kinda connections does he have?

JAV is THE insider on 247. UMass coming at a perfect time. Any other team this week would likely be a loss and the wheels would fall off. Winning cures all. For Tn, Saturday can't get here quick enough.

For fans, players, coaches, flush this game and move on. You can't let one loss turn into two. Forget it and get after it on the field,

Reactions: 3 people
This actually gives me a lot of hope. I didn't know they both went there. Venables would do wonders here.

Agree, Venables is the backbone at CU. people give credit to Watson and give him his due, it was the defense the last few years that has become elite. Look at last Saturday.

Venables was the heir for Oklahoma before Riley got the gig, he can recruit like no other as well. #HomeRun

VN Store

Back