Where is Austin Smith?

KMac graded out third among DL behind Barnett and O'Brien. Probably his best game to date.

For all the LB talk, Jumper had the highest defensive grade vs A&M. The weak link is at JRM's spot. McDowell is still learning, but once he got hurt Berry was lost.

UT loses a ton at DE after this year. they are trying to build depth. Jancek liked a big OLB and Maggitt played the hybrid LB/Rush end to perfection.
doesn't look lie Shoop thinks the same. Smith was perfect for this role.

he's an undersized end and likely redshirting to beef up. According to roster he has not played a snap.

I think w/ Preston Williams who is a down the field THREAT is used totally wrong. Azzani is having him running 5 and out routes which makes no sense. Send that boy down the field in 1 on 1 coverage and throw it up as he is a beast in those situations and I think he will thrive. Just go back and look at all of his HS highlights and early Tenn highlights and he's going down the field on those routes and making plays.............So, blame it on Azzani not getting him in the game on the right situations.

better question is where is Preston Williams ?

An even better question is why is Ethan Wolf still playing a lot at TE? He has had a really rough year so far. I know he caught the TD pass against GA, but he has had a lot of drops this year. I believe he had 2 plays against A&M where he seemed to not even be looking for the ball. Croom has played much better.

This loss hurt very much, but it is not a season killer. As several have said on here, beat Bama this weekend and all is better. We all know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this team will not quit.

See you guys on the hill this weekend. GO VOLS!!!!

Battling injuries.. OK, lets be clear, injuries, not hurt. He could easily have had season ending surgery but has battled to play week to week.. He crawled off the field and collapsed after a great 1st half against Appy State.. He has been trying to get back but he is injured.

Then why not sit him the rest of the year and not risk further injury? We have Jennings, Malone and Byrd. Use Smith as a backup. Put Kamara in the slot and I bet he would feast on every team we face, even Alabama. We just saw how well he catches the ball and gets YAC yardage like nobody's business. Also on a side note, for all the complaining everyone has done about underutilizing the tight ends, I personally would never throw Croom another pass after that inexcusable drop and basically handing it to the defense. I was watching a replay today and I still can't wrap my head around how he managed to do that. I think Dobbs has had at least 3 picks this year in which the receivers gift wrapped the interceptions for the defense. It's stuff like that that has plagued us all year. It's an easy catch, just focus.

An even better question is why is Ethan Wolf still playing a lot at TE? He has had a really rough year so far. I know he caught the TD pass against GA, but he has had a lot of drops this year. I believe he had 2 plays against A&M where he seemed to not even be looking for the ball. Croom has played much better.

This loss hurt very much, but it is not a season killer. As several have said on here, beat Bama this weekend and all is better. We all know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this team will not quit.

See you guys on the hill this weekend. GO VOLS!!!!

No Croom hasn't.

Next year looks like Mixon/Kongbo/Phillips/Taylor/Smith/McDaniel. Got a couple of decent DEs coming in this class too.

Yep. Since the VT game he has completely disappeared. How could what was supposed to be our best WR just totally disappear from the offense? What does he have 1 catch in the last 4 games? That is sorry.

Malone disappeared yesterday but he had been playing good. When your two best WR's don't show up for a big game how can we expect to win in the passing game?

Is Williams really banged up/injued & CBJ just isn't saying anything about it? I find it hard to believe how bad he went off on VT & for the past 4 games to what I believe is 1 total catch. Ever since the ball bounced off his helmet in the Ohio game we haven't even targeted him. What's up with that?

As for Austin Smith I know they moved him to DE which made no sense because we needed more help at LB than DE. I don't think I've seen him on the field. He not only played last season. He started a few games as well.

Butili is a better player than Smith but I believe Smith not even seeing the field I do not understand. Are they really going to redshirt him? What a wasted season if you ask me. These are some of the things that just puzzles the heck out of me. Thanks!

If at spring they decided to move Austin it is best for him and the team to redshirt and get built for the possession. With Tyler Byrd showing up and is going to be great and Juan Jennings playing good also Malone was playing good he didn't have a good game against aTm but also Croom played good as long as someone is hurt or not playing good and we have other players stepping up that is great. On the last drive there was a #17 who caught a pass before overtime and I don't know who he is. Its a long season and #7 will make a big play and improve along with #3...

If at spring they decided to move Austin it is best for him and the team to redshirt and get built for the possession. With Tyler Byrd showing up and is going to be great and Juan Jennings playing good also Malone was playing good he didn't have a good game against aTm but also Croom played good as long as someone is hurt or not playing good and we have other players stepping up that is great. On the last drive there was a #17 who caught a pass before overtime and I don't know who he is. Its a long season and #7 will make a big play and improve along with #3...

Smith still isn't healthy. He had a pretty bad injury in the spring and has been the only guy who's worn a green jersey all season thus far.

I figured someone swimming in pay-site subscriptions would be up to date on that, but I guess I overestimated Tony's reading comprehension :lolabove:

VN Store

Back