Where is Austin Smith?

kid50

I remember him showing some potential last year and even starting a game or two when Curt got hurt. I know he has been inured some, but I haven't seen his name on any injury reports or practice threads. Anyone know what's going on with him? I feel like he's a guy who should be getting some PT with all these injuries.

Dangit. When I came in here, I figured I would have to spot him in a picture, kinda like Waldo.

I hear they moved him to DE. Could have something to do with it.

Reactions: 1 person
better question is where is Preston Williams ?

Yep. Since the VT game he has completely disappeared. How could what was supposed to be our best WR just totally disappear from the offense? What does he have 1 catch in the last 4 games? That is sorry.

Malone disappeared yesterday but he had been playing good. When your two best WR's don't show up for a big game how can we expect to win in the passing game?

Is Williams really banged up/injued & CBJ just isn't saying anything about it? I find it hard to believe how bad he went off on VT & for the past 4 games to what I believe is 1 total catch. Ever since the ball bounced off his helmet in the Ohio game we haven't even targeted him. What's up with that?

As for Austin Smith I know they moved him to DE which made no sense because we needed more help at LB than DE. I don't think I've seen him on the field. He not only played last season. He started a few games as well.

Butili is a better player than Smith but I believe Smith not even seeing the field I do not understand. Are they really going to redshirt him? What a wasted season if you ask me. These are some of the things that just puzzles the heck out of me. Thanks!

Reactions: 2 people

Preston dropped some balls, also caused an INT in either UGA or UF game I believe. Hasn't earned his way back to he field, maybe he will see some time with Malone dropping a few critical balls against a&m.

He was in and caught a pass Saturday in the 3rd or 4th quarter

Yes, that was his 1st catch since the VT game. I said that in my post a few back. You can't target your best WR & expect to have success in the passing game even though Dobbs has handled it pretty well.

That one pass this past Saturday was one for about 7 yards too. It's like he's lost out there or something really weird is going on with him. He stuck it to VT who has turned out to be a pretty good team.

Battling injuries.. OK, lets be clear, injuries, not hurt. He could easily have had season ending surgery but has battled to play week to week.. He crawled off the field and collapsed after a great 1st half against Appy State.. He has been trying to get back but he is injured.

Reactions: 2 people
Or Jeff George? I had high expectations for him.

That Jeff George we expected to see do things is in his rocking chair at home drinking coffee & eating Bon Bons. He has been a total no-show for sure.

We need to go to his home & get his robe off & false teeth out & get him on the practice field. :p:eek:lol:

I'm tired of the KMAC hate. He is doing just fine. He's double on every play

He's a sophomore playing in the rotations behind Vickers and O'Brien...he may get more PT this week because of O'Brien's injury...but everyone needs to understand he's not a sack machine - totally different role. In fact, he will get subbed out on most 3rd and long downs...

KMac had a really big third down stop yesterday in the 4th quarter. Stuffed them.

I think our interior guys (KMac O'Brien etc) were more free to make plays when we had DK and JRM on the field as LBs. With both those guys out, you can see where in many cases Shoop has our interior and even our outside DLs tying up OLs to keep them off or delayed getting to Jumper & McDowell. It's a subtle scheme change and it's working. The downside is our DLs are not free to make as many plays as they normally would IMO they are being very disciplined in how they're playing IMO.

Or Jeff George? I had high expectations for him.

He's a project in my opinion. Great size (height wise) but I wouldn't consider him ready to compete in the SEC yet. He needs to pack on some weight and get stronger before he can shove around defenders. Hopefully, by next year he will be ready to catch some fades in the end zone.

Don't forget receivers also have to block on runs and the bubble screens. We have had some really bad blocking on the bubble screens and some holding penalties. That will put you on the bench fast.

VN Store

Back