When is enough, enough?

All Holly has is the hope that next year's team will be just as talented enough to make it to the SEC tourney finals. She won't be able to Coach em up for a FF. That would require too much coaching strategy.

I continue to be mildly amazed at threads like this. Diamond lays on the floor in agony for 4 minnutes and then is carted off on a stretcher. Maybe give the team a pass for this one game.

We lost Cooper early to an injury, so no PG for the year. Diamond is sometimes addition by subtraction. Every time you think she's turned the corner on effort, consistency, etc, she surprises me. Russell has been pretty much terrific all year. Nared has been really good most of the time. The rest of the team has ebbed and flowed.

But bottom line, even if Russell and Deshields don't come back, Holly has recruited a monster class for 2017 and already has 2 solid recruits for 2018. Holly is not going anywhere. So all this hysteria about getting rid of her is pissing in the wind. She's recruiting at this point better than almost any other team out there not named UCONN, Texas, or ND.

Personally I hope Diamond jumps but Mercedes comes back. Add in T'ea, and give everyone a year of improvement, add in the super freshmen, and we are easily a top 10 team with a legit shot at the FF.

You are forgetting our coach. We could easily be a top 10 team this year, but aren't even close. Nothing will change. You act like we haven't had talent before....That's not the issue.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether you are still believing in Holly or not almost everyone with any type of knowledge of basketball has to agree that a change needs to be made for the sake of the program. For whatever reason Holly was not able to carry over even with top players the level Pat Summitt created at Tennessee. She does not have the ability to motivate these players to a level of intensity to beat even the weakest teams. Getting dominated on the boards last night was something that has happened a lot this season. Some players are just on the roster make no contribution in the games even though they are getting a lot of playing time.
I know it gets old to keep reading Holly needs to be fired by really what is the answer if we don't make a change? We'll soon be like Alabama playing in an empty arena.

Reactions: 2 people
I continue to be mildly amazed at threads like this. Diamond lays on the floor in agony for 4 minnutes and then is carted off on a stretcher. Maybe give the team a pass for this one game.

We lost Cooper early to an injury, so no PG for the year. Diamond is sometimes addition by subtraction. Every time you think she's turned the corner on effort, consistency, etc, she surprises me. Russell has been pretty much terrific all year. Nared has been really good most of the time. The rest of the team has ebbed and flowed.

But bottom line, even if Russell and Deshields don't come back, Holly has recruited a monster class for 2017 and already has 2 solid recruits for 2018. Holly is not going anywhere. So all this hysteria about getting rid of her is pissing in the wind. She's recruiting at this point better than almost any other team out there not named UCONN, Texas, or ND.

Personally I hope Diamond jumps but Mercedes comes back. Add in T'ea, and give everyone a year of improvement, add in the super freshmen, and we are easily a top 10 team with a legit shot at the FF.

A pass? The number of passes this team has gotten HAS to violate some NCAA regulations.

And any scenario where Holly gets them a legit shot at the FF? Only if she takes them to McDonalds.

I've never given you the benefit of the doubt even though we're both Frank Zappa fans.

One only has to read your history of posts to paint a picture of you.

Paint that picture for me, would you?

"... Don't you eat that yellow snow".

Well make it pure effort by taking them out of Pratt and make them run steps at TBS from now until Tourney time. That will change some attitudes.

Yes, lets fix the mental lapses with corporal punishment again,,,

that cure lasted!

Well, you'll have top find a coach who can teach fundamental basketball, or it will be just like this season...

Holly is going to coach the talent right out of the #1 team. I hate it for them!

I think most good teams would have dug deep and finished the game. I can see being down the first half, but once the players knew DD was going to be fine and had a chance to regroup at HT, I expected them to settle down, come back out and grit out a W. This team has no leadership, and it shows.

This team has no coach and it shows...

She only played like 5 minutes. And I strongly believe they would have won even without her if it was a sprained ankle that sent her to the bench.

It sucks that they lost, but I think there were enough extenuating circumstances that I'm not going to pile it on.

You are wrong. You failed to see they had Holly Warlick coaching. They would have lost regardless...

I can't believe that there is even a debate on why the LVs are in the state they're in. It begins and ends with 2 words, Holly Warlick. How anyone can defend her and continue with the excuses is beyond me. Some of you seem to be blinded that just because she played at UT and was hand picked by Pat that it somehow makes her fit for the job. For the good of the program it would be best for her to go now and get someone in here who can actually coach, motivate these players and won't do a press conference with a bunch of "I don't knows" or other tired schtick. This program is quickly going the way of La Tech but some refuse to acknowledge and accept it. Warlick needs to go and go quickly.

Reactions: 3 people
With all due respect, if she was a company manager or even a supervisor over a department and produced the likes of what she has during her tenure as a head coach she would have been demoted or fired at this point. Some are just not leaders. Plain and simple.

Alabama beats Tennessee 65-57! First back-to-back wins over the Lady Vols in program history! #RollTide #SECWBB
---
That's the tweet from the Alabama web site. Let this sink in. This is an abomination. Holly is single handedly destroying a once proud program that has turned into the bottom feeder joke of the SEC. The only reason LV's might make the tourney is because of the tradition of the program...that Holly is systematically and dramatically destroying. This program has become a national embarrassment of epic proportions; and that clueless coach is the main reason why. Go Lady Vols..blahblahblah if any of you truly cared about this program you would not be supporting this national joke of a "coach". I couldn't care less about that joke of a coach..or her friggin feelings. I care about the program...and this school which she is leading straight to the crapper and into an abyss that it might never come out of. Yes. She's destroyed this program THAT MUCH. Every minute she remains brings that once proud...now a joke program ever further and further into a canyon of despair and despondency. It should sicken any true Vol fan that she remains at the helm to wreak further un-fixable damage.

Harsh! Cruel! Insensitive!...................but TRUE!

I can't believe that there is even a debate on why the LVs are in the state they're in. It begins and ends with 2 words, Holly Warlick. How anyone can defend her and continue with the excuses is beyond me. Some of you seem to be blinded that just because she played at UT and was hand picked by Pat that it somehow makes her fit for the job. For the good of the program it would be best for her to go now and get someone in here who can actually coach, motivate these players and won't do a press conference with a bunch of "I don't knows" or other tired schtick. This program is quickly going the way of La Tech but some refuse to acknowledge and accept it. Warlick needs to go and go quickly.

The only thing left is for her to wear the orange Dooley pants. Perhaps then it would become clear to more people what is going on. She's trying to tell everyone what needs to be done, when someone is in charge and says they can't figure out why performance is poor, they're saying "please help me, put someone else in charge!".

Pat's Lady Vols made watching the women's game tolerable. Now, we have this...

What has our program become? At least when football sucked we could say, "Yeah, but how bout them Lady Vols!?" It's sad how many people are now accepting mediocrity. Don't fool yourselves, we're officially mediocre. Elite pulled out of that station a long time ago.

This can't continue.

VN Store

Back