When is enough, enough?

Holly, that stinks! All that team need is a tiny bit of good coaching! Something I am realizing you will never be able to give them...

Reactions: 2 people
Most players/teams play/fight harder when there is a fallen soldier (injury) they don't get distracted, its no excuse for this lost or any lost to Alabama in Womens Basketball ever

I agree with you. We need to stop making a bunch of excuses, this team is that bad.Good teams are not inconsistent, they are aggressive, their head coach never zero recruit, and they are highly motivated. However, Holly will be back next year and we will more or less have similar results. This team is way too talent to lose to Alabama, even with Diamond hurt. We have a mess. A couple or more loses and we might be sweating an NCAA invite.

Reactions: 5 people
Most players/teams play/fight harder when there is a fallen soldier (injury) they don't get distracted, its no excuse for this lost or any lost to Alabama in Womens Basketball ever

If it was an ACL or something like that, I'd agree. But Diamond was taken out on a stretcher. I'm not making excuses, but this loss was more understandable for me than a whole host of other losses this season.

Sure.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, uses that something to support their own existence."

Is that a phrase that you repeat to yourself each morning to justify your existence?

just goes to show that so many on here have seen so many other "fire Holly" threads that have been started that after awhile, even the ones that want Holly fired get tired of it...anyway...:)

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I was seeing before DD went down was the team not playing well at all.

She only played like 5 minutes. And I strongly believe they would have won even without her if it was a sprained ankle that sent her to the bench.

It sucks that they lost, but I think there were enough extenuating circumstances that I'm not going to pile it on.

100-0..... If anyone watched the UConn-SC game Monday night, you saw a team with equal or lesser talent than this Lady Vols squad, do what they do for 40 minutes and get to 100-0. SC had more talent on the floor than UConn in 3-4 out of the 5 positions. Gray, Davis, Wilson and Coates alone had just a much talent if not more than UConn's starting 5.

But the difference was/is, they outworked SC. SC knew what UConn was running on both ends but UConn just outworked them. UConn really didn't have an answer for Wilson and Coates down low and Katie Lou had 0 points in the first half. Second half UConn just kept doing what they do at a higher level than anybody else lead by Williams and SC just folded under that constant effort from UConn.

Now I know some may be saying why the "f" is there talk about UConn in this forum? It's because it's hard to watch this talented Lady Vols group play down a level on a regular basis. They have the talent to be #2 behind UConn. And the kicker.... UConn is playing a freshman PG Geno plucked right from under CHW's nose....

Reactions: 10 people
If it was an ACL or something like that, I'd agree. But Diamond was taken out on a stretcher. I'm not making excuses, but this loss was more understandable for me than a whole host of other losses this season.

Again I disagree, we had the same thing happen in a Mens game this year when our boys played Ole Miss, one of the Ole Miss players had a seizure and left on a stretcher, when he left Ole Miss was down by 13 and they rallied to win! Most teams use a fallen players as motivation (did you forget when Vicky Baugh was carried/carted off and the team rallied and beat Stanford for the National Title)

Attachments

• IMG_7897.jpg
    IMG_7897.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 3 people
I think most good teams would have dug deep and finished the game. I can see being down the first half, but once the players knew DD was going to be fine and had a chance to regroup at HT, I expected them to settle down, come back out and grit out a W. This team has no leadership, and it shows.

The Mighty Crimson Tide.... #141 in the land in RPI index.... they are very tuff to compete against. beat us on offensive glass more than 2 to 1 Even Holly said on TV It comes down to pure effort

Well make it pure effort by taking them out of Pratt and make them run steps at TBS from now until Tourney time. That will change some attitudes.

Alabama beats Tennessee 65-57! First back-to-back wins over the Lady Vols in program history! #RollTide #SECWBB
---
That's the tweet from the Alabama web site. Let this sink in. This is an abomination. Holly is single handedly destroying a once proud program that has turned into the bottom feeder joke of the SEC. The only reason LV's might make the tourney is because of the tradition of the program...that Holly is systematically and dramatically destroying. This program has become a national embarrassment of epic proportions; and that clueless coach is the main reason why. Go Lady Vols..blahblahblah if any of you truly cared about this program you would not be supporting this national joke of a "coach". I couldn't care less about that joke of a coach..or her friggin feelings. I care about the program...and this school which she is leading straight to the crapper and into an abyss that it might never come out of. Yes. She's destroyed this program THAT MUCH. Every minute she remains brings that once proud...now a joke program ever further and further into a canyon of despair and despondency. It should sicken any true Vol fan that she remains at the helm to wreak further un-fixable damage.

Reactions: 3 people
Well make it pure effort by taking them out of Pratt and make them run steps at TBS from now until Tourney time. That will change some attitudes.

Yeah I can see that happen!! Holly requiring anything from her team?

It is Camp Warlick, where you can have a nice practice of fun activities..... a pat on the back and a fruit punch when the day is over. Players know the deal when they come to Knoxville.... they get to play in a tradition laden environment, with great fan base, and not a lot of requirements from the coaching staff.

Reactions: 1 person
I continue to be mildly amazed at threads like this. Diamond lays on the floor in agony for 4 minnutes and then is carted off on a stretcher. Maybe give the team a pass for this one game.

We lost Cooper early to an injury, so no PG for the year. Diamond is sometimes addition by subtraction. Every time you think she's turned the corner on effort, consistency, etc, she surprises me. Russell has been pretty much terrific all year. Nared has been really good most of the time. The rest of the team has ebbed and flowed.

But bottom line, even if Russell and Deshields don't come back, Holly has recruited a monster class for 2017 and already has 2 solid recruits for 2018. Holly is not going anywhere. So all this hysteria about getting rid of her is pissing in the wind. She's recruiting at this point better than almost any other team out there not named UCONN, Texas, or ND.

Personally I hope Diamond jumps but Mercedes comes back. Add in T'ea, and give everyone a year of improvement, add in the super freshmen, and we are easily a top 10 team with a legit shot at the FF.

Reactions: 4 people
I continue to be mildly amazed at threads like this. Diamond lays on the floor in agony for 4 minnutes and then is carted off on a stretcher. Maybe give the team a pass for this one game.

We lost Cooper early to an injury, so no PG for the year. Diamond is sometimes addition by subtraction. Every time you think she's turned the corner on effort, consistency, etc, she surprises me. Russell has been pretty much terrific all year. Nared has been really good most of the time. The rest of the team has ebbed and flowed.

But bottom line, even if Russell and Deshields don't come back, Holly has recruited a monster class for 2017 and already has 2 solid recruits for 2018. Holly is not going anywhere. So all this hysteria about getting rid of her is pissing in the wind. She's recruiting at this point better than almost any other team out there not named UCONN, Texas, or ND.

Personally I hope Diamond jumps but Mercedes comes back. Add in T'ea, and give everyone a year of improvement, add in the super freshmen, and we are easily a top 10 team with a legit shot at the FF.

Anyone who expects anything to be different next year is smoking whatever Bill Walton is smoking.

Reactions: 6 people

You hope diamond jumps? You lost all credibility with that comment

VN Store

Back