Whats your favorite thing about team#120?

Their championship mindset.

This is mine as well. Lots of these kids have gone on the record they came to the The Hill to win championships again. They haven't backed off of it and that is my favorite thing about 120.

Just sick of obtuse, irrelevant excuses. I'm far from the only one. Even members of the media were reporting it and "rolling their eyes".

As a fan, I'd much rather he embrace the expectations, invite the challenge and have his players' backs. Not state some BS that may or may not be true and that absolutely nobody wants to hear. He's done a great job turning the program, changing the culture and accumulating a tremendous amount of talent....they're ready to win. Making some irrelevant statement like the one he made, like others he's made, is 180 degrees out of phase with everything else going on in the program.

So then maybe he's not saying it as an excuse, but as a point of fact or just a random nugget that ends up sounding like an excuse. If it's so out of step with everything else, doesn't that strike you as odd?

Reactions: 3 people
Tres amigo's JRM, Kamara, and Sutton returned

Actually, that should be tres amigos, but hey...

My favorite thing is...they are buying into the team 120 hype. About 75% of this (see Alabama) is what others--and then, you--perceive yourself to be.

'Hail Butch, we who are about to die, salute you'.

Buying in.

Hello, Mr. Bushmill.:thumbsup:

All Ive been hearing is how much everybody watches film on the team.

Theyre working like...heck!

Like Heck!

This is a special group. I hope everyone in Knoxville appreciates it. I don't think we'll see a team as talented as team 120 for a very LONG time.

Even if Butch lands 4 straight #1 recruiting classes, I doubt we'll see as many high level NFL players play on one team at Tennessee as there are currently on this team.

Appreciate it now. Cause you'll be talking about team 120 for years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
So then maybe he's not saying it as an excuse, but as a point of fact or just a random nugget that ends up sounding like an excuse. If it's so out of step with everything else, doesn't that strike you as odd?

Exactly. How many times has Jones stated "we embrace high expectations. High expectations are why you come to Tennessee" (paraphrase). But some long to be "that guy". KB dreams of being "that guy".

Reactions: 2 people

The reality is there are some on here who will slice, dice and mince every word Jones says all off season. They're looking for any little word or phrase to try and read into what "they" themselves want it to mean. Jones is a coach speak machine, always has been probably always will be. We won't get any "Rommel" type comments from him.
I actually like that he, his staff and his players all sing from the same hymnal. To me that shows control and discipline. However some seem to live for a "gotcha" moment so they can say "see, I told ya so" and be the cool kid. Embarrassing, honestly.

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, that should be tres amigos, but hey...

My favorite thing is...they are buying into the team 120 hype. About 75% of this (see Alabama) is what others--and then, you--perceive yourself to be.

'Hail Butch, we who are about to die, salute you'.

Buying in.

Hello, Mr. Bushmill.:thumbsup:

ae0bd4c08296f797b1156baf27ebf90d.gif

Why say it at all? Is it even accurate? Did he or a GA or staff member research every program "in the history of college football" so that he could make the statement? If he'd said this without his history of all the other excuse-making, I'd have thought it a little odd maybe, but otherwise very little to nothing of it. Just zero reason to say this unless you're using it as an excuse IMO.

Why say it at all? Is it even accurate? Did he or a GA or staff member research every program "in the history of college football" so that he could make the statement? If he'd said this without his history of all the other excuse-making, I'd have thought it a little odd maybe, but otherwise very little to nothing of it. Just zero reason to say this unless you're using it as an excuse IMO.

LOL

When things go well this fall KB will be right front and center on the bandwagon. But he's laid the groundwork to say "see I told ya"....

Part of his just in case posts that he thinks nobody will remember if things go well. But you can bet your bottom dollar if things go bad he will shove these putrid posts down our throats. very embarrassing

Reactions: 4 people
They'll be sporting orange and a power T while hosting Bama and dem damn Gators.

I'm glad that our season doesn't hinge on a bunch of freshmen coming in August having to go balls out. We have seasoned veterans that won't need along camp in August for us to make our run to Tampa.

It gonna be a great summer waiting for us to get started on our National Championship run.

Jump higher Vols.

Last edited:
I'm glad that our season doesn't hinge on a bunch of freshmen coming in August having to go balls out. We have seasoned veterans that won't need along camp in August for us to make our run to Tampa.

It gonna be a great summer waiting for us to get started on our National Championship run.

Jump higher Vols.

Amen brother.

Run real fast Vols.

This is a special group. I hope everyone in Knoxville appreciates it. I don't think we'll see a team as talented as team 120 for a very LONG time.

Even if Butch lands 4 straight #1 recruiting classes, I doubt we'll see as many high level NFL players play on one team at Tennessee as there are currently on this team.

Appreciate it now. Cause you'll be talking about team 120 for years to come.

Team 121 will be a more offensive explosive team.

Im thinking 50.0 points a game.

500 yards of offense.

Defensively theyll be extremely athletic.

Dormady
Kelly/Ackers
Malone/Higgings
Williams/ Jennings
L Williams/ Preston
Smith/ Callaway
Wolf
Richmond
Roberson
Thomas
Jones
Hall

Phillips
Tuttle
KMac
A Smith
McDowell
Kirkland
Sapp
Osborne
Martin
Byrd
Gaulden
TK
( everyone on that starting defense was a former TOP 100 player minus Gaulden and Austin Smith)

Reactions: 1 person
the fact that we've been able to watch them struggle and, as a result of the struggle, they have matured and become great football players.

500 yards of offense.

Dormady
Kelly/Ackers
Malone/Higgings
Williams/ Jennings
L Williams/ Preston
Smith/ Callaway
Wolf
Richmond
Roberson
Thomas
Jones
Hall

Phillips
Tuttle
KMac
A Smith
McDowell
Kirkland
Sapp
Osborne
Martin
Byrd
Gaulden
TK
( everyone on that starting defense was a former TOP 100 player minus Gaulden and Austin Smith)

Never happen with Deboard.

500 yards of offense.

Dormady
Kelly/Ackers
Malone/Higgings
Williams/ Jennings
L Williams/ Preston
Smith/ Callaway
Wolf
Richmond
Roberson
Thomas
Jones
Hall

Phillips
Tuttle
KMac
A Smith
McDowell
Kirkland
Sapp
Osborne
Martin
Byrd
Gaulden
TK

Kinda counting your chickens before they hatch with a few of those offensive guys aren't you?

Look like an upper tier SEC team.
We have more speed all over the roster.
If, please, please, please...the injury bug stays away....there will be a lot of smiles around here come next December!!!!!

Agree with this! Add the incoming class and I am quite confident we are the fastest team in the country.

Especially after the rest of our class shows up with Williams being the fastest. Under Dooley we were undersized and slow, now we have size and speed for days and we just continue to get faster every year. Depth isn't completely where we want it but it's getting damn close.

VN Store

Back