Whats your favorite thing about team#120?

I've been drinking the nationdom and D4H Kool Aid.
We have 22 first team all Americans and the number one overall pick in Dobbs. We won't give up a single yard this year. This season will be a compilation of beat downs of biblical proportions.

LOL. Don't be afraid to dream.

That they aren't the youngest team in college football.

As of now, we only have 5 seniors projected as starters (Dobbs, Weisman, Sutton, JRM, Vereen). And only 3 more projected as backups in the 2-deep (Croom, O'Brien, Lewis).

We're still a young team. Almost all of our 2 deep is juniors and sophomores. Difference is they now have experience.

As long as we don't get gutted by the 2017 NFL Draft, this team is young enough to be considered a favorite to repeat of we win the natty in 2016.

Last edited:
As of now, we only have 5 seniors projected as starters (Dobbs, Weisman, Sutton, JRM, Vereen). And only 3 more projected as backups in the 2-deep (Croom, O'Brien, Lewis).

We're still a young team. Almost all of our 2 deep is juniors and sophomores. Difference is they now have experience.

As long as we don't get gutted by the 2017 NFL Draft, this team is young enough to be considered a favorite to repeat of we win the natty in 2016.

It's not a young team. Almost every single starter is in his third year or higher. Just because you have some sophomores doesn't make you a young team.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a young team. Almost every single starter is in his third year or higher. Just because you have some sophomores doesn't make you a young team.

This is the truth. We have seniors, RS seniors, juniors and RS juniors all over the place. This is not a young football team. This is a tenured, seasoned upperclassman-laden team that has some younger players that will be asked to backup and contribute behind other older players. There are only 4 positions where we'll see some younger guys on the regular.....LB, DT, WR and OT..... but even there, the position group will be led by older, experienced players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
A lot of things but the one that gives me the most feels is that 3 highly thought of, draft eligible players came back for one more year because they love their team and school and believe we can win a championship.

4_3802236.jpg

Thanks to Paul, I haven't seen a Rod Wilks joke in months!

Speed. Last year before the SEC championship game Reggie Ragland said UT was the fastest team they played. This team will get faster this year. Speed kills and there's a lot of roadkill in our future

This is the truth. We have seniors, RS seniors, juniors and RS juniors all over the place. This is not a young football team. This is a tenured, seasoned upperclassman-laden team that has some younger players that will be asked to backup and contribute behind other older players. There are only 4 positions where we'll see some younger guys on the regular.....LB, DT, WR and OT..... but even there, the position group will be led by older, experienced players.

Agreed. I heard on the radio today, image if we signed Kongbo in 2013 or 2012 instead of this year, people would ask "can he contribute right away?", because of the lack of depth, we would have to. Now that we have the depth, we can have the luxury to ease him into the rotation. It reminds me of how Alabama just reloads every year and I love it.

Who caaaaaares. Why do you latch onto this kind of thing so hard?

Just sick of obtuse, irrelevant excuses. I'm far from the only one. Even members of the media were reporting it and "rolling their eyes".

As a fan, I'd much rather he embrace the expectations, invite the challenge and have his players' backs. Not state some BS that may or may not be true and that absolutely nobody wants to hear. He's done a great job turning the program, changing the culture and accumulating a tremendous amount of talent....they're ready to win. Making some irrelevant statement like the one he made, like others he's made, is 180 degrees out of phase with everything else going on in the program.

My favorite thing is they all wear helmets with the power T and are proud to be called Tennessee Volunteers!

GO VOLS!!!

The sense of urgency they have for this year.

No doubt about them knowing, this is the year to put TENNESSEE back where it belongs, in the hunt for a National Championship.

Jump higher Vols.

VN Store

Back