What's Changed? Two Observations

northing has changed! The truth is holly is not a sec level coach, period. She has admitted as much in the past. Last year holly said several times she did not know why the team was playing poorly. She is the coach, she is paid good money to know what the problems are and how to get the players to play at a high level.

To be honest, she came in after pat and was put in an almost unwinnable situation; however, her teams are not playing to the talent level of the players, plain and simple. This has been going on for years now! Holly has had her chance and now it is time to make a change. Tennessee will never sniff a championship with holly in charge. How much more proof do the holly pumpers need?!

Sad!

you take that back!

How many times do the players continue to bounce pass it inside in double and triple coverage? It's insane...doing it over and over. Meme Jackson can't shoot to save her life...and Nared is gawd awful in these SEC games.

A lot of this stuff is coaching...plain and simple.

Reactions: 2 people
Holly is not a bad coach. The players are not protecting the ball. The turnovers are the culprit. The ND game is prime example the stats tell the story 30 turnovers when we should be avg 12 - 14 with the press to run. 20 more shots and by LV shooting percentage that would have been 20 more points and maybe 6 - 8 more free throws. 26 more points or at least 20 and we are discussing something else. The team may have to relieve the running if they cannot make good decisions "meme". Jamie need to get back to earth and stop daydreaming,

Interesting that our men's team has a hard time holding a lead, but does not get nearly the criticism that Holly gets.

Reactions: 4 people
How many times do the players continue to bounce pass it inside in double and triple coverage? It's insane...doing it over and over. Meme Jackson can't shoot to save her life...and Nared is gawd awful in these SEC games.

A lot of this stuff is coaching...plain and simple.

Unintended irony, or blue font?

Interesting that our men's team has a hard time holding a lead, but does not get nearly the criticism that Holly gets.

I think the reason is that most have the impression that the Lady Vols are in the top five in talent in the country and should never lose a lead. The men are thought of as over achievers with minimal talent and may blow a lead occasionally.
The fact that we lost to two top five ranked teams should not be a surprise but I think we were expecting better play. We collapsed at the end of both games and that always gets the fanbase in an uproar.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly is not a bad coach. The players are not protecting the ball. The turnovers are the culprit. The ND game is prime example the stats tell the story 30 turnovers when we should be avg 12 - 14 with the press to run. 20 more shots and by LV shooting percentage that would have been 20 more points and maybe 6 - 8 more free throws. 26 more points or at least 20 and we are discussing something else. The team may have to relieve the running if they cannot make good decisions "meme". Jamie need to get back to earth and stop daydreaming,

Turnovers are a direct reflection on coaching.

I think the reason is that most have the impression that the Lady Vols are in the top five in talent in the country and should never lose a lead. The men are thought of as over achievers with minimal talent and may blow a lead occasionally.
The fact that we lost to two top five ranked teams should not be a surprise but I think we were expecting better play. We collapsed at the end of both games and that always gets the fanbase in an uproar.

Great point. I believe most fans still want to expect the same success that Pat brought to the team. Anything less and Holly gets the blame.

How many five star High School All-Americans does Barnes have on his roster? Oh, they still won btw, they didn't end up losing by double figures....

Reactions: 1 person
No one believes this straw man nonsense.

Yes. They do. It is your ignorant hate that people are not buying. I wasted a few minutes of my life researching your posts. You show up here after the team loses and immediately start your hate campaign against the team and loyal fans. You add no value to anything you participate in so take a hike. You've worn out whatever welcome you thought you had.

Reactions: 5 people
Yes. They do. It is your ignorant hate that people are not buying. I wasted a few minutes of my life researching your posts. You show up here after the team loses and immediately start your hate campaign against the team and loyal fans. You add no value to anything you participate in so take a hike. You've worn out whatever welcome you thought you had.

Preparing for the reply words:
Logical fallacy
Stupid
Foolish
Silly

In 3...2...1...

I don't need your welcome or anything. I can post as I please with or without your permission. I post when I'm able to catch games on TV, which, unfortunately, has been less and less recently with my schedule. However, it isn't coincidental that the bigger games I see, there is the usual underperformance.

Well, that and I show up also to bring the Poster Formerly Known as Ivy League down a notch after observing her condescending tone towards UT grads and Tennesseans, as well.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm a UT fan, not a fan of any coach, in particular. A coach at UT, as I maintained many times when arguing the Butch lovers, was that their value to me is as much as they are doing well for the program. They come and go, but the program stays. Warlick has been great for the university and Lady Vol program, but she's not a great coach and I'm commenting on her in that regard. It's not personal. I'm not here to mock her or call her a loser, whatever. It's all about the coaching.

Oh, and no, people don't expect her to be better than Pat. That's absurd. No one argues this, other than when you and your little hyperbole buddy get together to exaggerate the criticism to justify your dismissal of those who spew "ignorant hate". The truth is the expectation is to compete for national championships and Final Fours, but that hasn't been happening thus far.

Last edited:
I don't need your welcome or anything. I can post as I please with or without your permission. I post when I'm able to catch games on TV, which, unfortunately, has been less and less recently with my schedule. However, it isn't coincidental that the bigger games I see, there is the usual underperformance.

Well, that and I show up also to bring the Poster Formerly Known as Ivy League down a notch after observing her condescending tone towards UT grads and Tennesseans, as well.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm a UT fan, not a fan of any coach, in particular. A coach at UT, as I maintained many times when arguing the Butch lovers, was that their value to me is as much as they are doing well for the program. They come and go, but the program stays. Warlick has been great for the university and Lady Vol program, but she's not a great coach and I'm commenting on her in that regard. It's not personal. I'm not here to mock her or call her a loser, whatever. It's all about the coaching.

Oh, and no, people don't expect her to be better than Pat. That's absurd. No one argues this, other than when you and your little hyperbole buddy get together to exaggerate the criticism to justify your dismissal of those who spew "ignorant hate". The truth is the expectation is to compete for national championships and Final Fours, but that hasn't been happening thus far.

You didn't bring me down at all, Uni. I'm also a UT grad and a Tennessean. I attend all the Lady Vol home games as well as many of the away games. So, I actually know that of which I speak rather than just catching a random game on TV or seeing a loss on my phone app like yourself.

My guess is you just like to argue as you bragged about regarding Butch Jones supporters. What you don't seem to grasp with all your perceived intelligence, is that not being a fan of any UT coach is not being a better fan or perfect fan. It's not being a fan at all.

You say Holly has been great for the University and Program, but not a great coach. Hmmm, not sure how a not great coach would be good for either the UT or the Lady Vols. But ok.

The very idea that you don't see that what Holly has done in her first years with multiple Elite 8's is competing for F4's tells me that your expectations are unreasonable.

Again with the name calling. You can't resist it. I'm not a hyperbole buddy. I'm not Ivy League, so you'll have to save your guile until she actually does return. Sorry.

If you'd like to actually come around and discuss coaching strategy in wins and losses, folks would probably enjoy that.

Reactions: 3 people
You didn't bring me down at all, Uni. I'm also a UT grad and a Tennessean. I attend all the Lady Vol home games as well as many of the away games. So, I actually know that of which I speak rather than just catching a random game on TV or seeing a loss on my phone app like yourself.

My guess is you just like to argue as you bragged about regarding Butch Jones supporters. What you don't seem to grasp with all your perceived intelligence, is that not being a fan of any UT coach is not being a better fan or perfect fan. It's not being a fan at all.

You say Holly has been great for the University and Program, but not a great coach. Hmmm, not sure how a not great coach would be good for either the UT or the Lady Vols. But ok.

The very idea that you don't see that what Holly has done in her first years with multiple Elite 8's is competing for F4's tells me that your expectations are unreasonable.

Again with the name calling. You can't resist it. I'm not a hyperbole buddy. I'm not Ivy League, so you'll have to save your guile until she actually does return. Sorry.

If you'd like to actually come around and discuss coaching strategy in wins and losses, folks would probably enjoy that.

Wait, you're not Ivy? Then, why the hell are you selling that name in your heading? If you're not her, then I'll take back all that I said in those regards with apologies.

However, the statement you make about coaches is not true. I liked Bruce Pearl, but only because he won at Tennessee. Now I could care less about his wins and losses. That's because my loyalty is to the program, not to the coach. I can like a coach, but, ultimately, it's the name on the front of the jersey that matters above anything else. Besides, loyalty to a coach makes people blind to their faults and their effect on the program.

Warlick was great as a #2, but her making a few Elite 8s as a top accomplishment is not overly impressive for a Lady Vol head coach. Plus, the reason they have not made the F4 is not because of a talent issue, either.

Your posts are in plain sight for everyone to see. You said practically everything you needed to say when you referred to the Butch lovers. You appear to enjoy confrontation and you are taking the same approach to the Lady Vol staff as you did with the football staff. You bring no credibility to this board and you are just here to feed your desire to be confrontational with people who do not see things the same way as you.

VN Store

Back