What would you life for the AD to do?

Last time I checked, they still wear the name on the uniform. I can safely say that.
But can u say they were there when u sit further back.? The real name n real logo in summit blue across their jersey
They need their real name n logo back where it is suppose to be. Also! The lady's teams. Hartless was such a whimp for messing with them in the first I can tell you since he did that we have sent thousands+ signatures. To everyone in power over there.we even went to the TN state legislature . What he told them he would do, he didn't. Now Ms B ,n the AD. Can be introduced to the Lady's supporters..We never give up. Put the name back, go about the business at hand.easy to relieve a little pressure on that Dept.WE R WATCHING

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for clarifying. So what's the issue? Is there really that much outrage for: Softball, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, Soccer, etc.?

yes there is,why take the Lady Vols logo from all the other womens sports and leave it to the Basketball team ? fans would of have been pissed if CPS team didn't carry the logo and why they did this is just beyond me,particularly the way it was handled ,this was a problem they didn't need to take on at all

plus I hope the new AD paves Neyland and other sports with gold and many National Championships :)

Reactions: 2 people
WIN and win a lot. I want to win so much that Bama football fans and Kentucky basketball fans ***** about us. I want South Carolina and Vandy baseball fans to call us cheaters.

Hell, I want UConn's women's basketball team and Florida's softball team to complain.

I want them all to hate us based on our success and I want Currie (a Tennessee alum) to greet them with a middle finger raised and a smile.

Thanks for clarifying. So what's the issue? Is there really that much outrage for: Softball, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, Soccer, etc.?

ABSOLUTELY YES Lady's teams deserve their name n logo back. He should have left it alone

yes there is,why take the Lady Vols logo from all the other womens sports and leave it to the Basketball team ? fans would of have been pissed if CPS team didn't carry the logo and why they did this is just beyond me,particularly the way it was handled ,this was a problem they didn't need to take on at all

plus I hope the new AD paves Neyland and other sports with gold and many National Championships :)

Hartless never liked strong women who stood up to him." When Save the Lady Vols "did he just dug in.he refused to listen. Pat's legacy with all she did for womens sports across the world

Do you feel Hart hasn't done that? I know he's retiring but people on here can't stand him.

In many ways, Hart has put us on a better path, at least financially. He walked into a train wreck, and did alot to get Tennessee's finances rebuilt. I think him trying to phase out the Lady Vols was his big mistake. There were other things too, but Hell hath no fury than a bunch of women scorned. I feel every decision he made that could be criticized was amplified by their supporters. So, when his buddy Cheek decided to retire, he bailed too.

:rock:Restore "Lady Vols" that Dave Hart destroyed.

For all those whining about the hire (and for it...for that matter for), what exactly would you like for the incoming AD to do? What would you like to see him accomplish?

Thanks for clarifying. So what's the issue? Is there really that much outrage for: Softball, Swimming/Diving, Volleyball, Golf, Tennis, Soccer, etc?

Don't forget quidditch. They finished last in the SEC east this year. Gonna have to work like heck in recruiting this year.

I see a lot of posts on here about restoring the "Lady Vols". There's no way this is that much a big deal to most of these posters. The numbers simply don't support their outrage.

Put it this way, what if one of the main criteria published by the search firm for the search firm was to restore the Lady Vol brand? This place would have melted down because football runs the show at UT.

The new AD isn't going to walk in and fire Jones. It would be a financial and PR nightmare. What he can do is structure the contract to protect UT a little more. The barn door is open regarding these contracts and I don't see it going back to a situation of integrity. They're simply out of hand and who can blame a person for getting what they can?

I guess what I mainly want to see is accountability across the board with a succession plan should the need arise. That's probably my main issue with the current regime. They have this "now what?" approach.

I see a lot of posts on here about restoring the "Lady Vols". There's no way this is that much a big deal to most of these posters. The numbers simply don't support their outrage.

Put it this way, what if one of the main criteria published by the search firm for the search firm was to restore the Lady Vol brand? This place would have melted down because football runs the show at UT.

The new AD isn't going to walk in and fire Jones. It would be a financial and PR nightmare. What he can do is structure the contract to protect UT a little more. The barn door is open regarding these contracts and I don't see it going back to a situation of integrity. They're simply out of hand and who can blame a person for getting what they can?

I guess what I mainly want to see is accountability across the board with a succession plan should the need arise. That's probably my main issue with the current regime. They have this "now what?" approach.

The lady vol thing was a pretty big deal, and one aspect was timing. It happened right in the middle of the title 9 lawsuit, so it seems like just another slap in the face to women. Im sure it had sonething to do with the uniform contract because it was also during the switch to nike, but if it did, noone ever explained that. I dont think there was ever a legitimate reason as to why.
It needs to be changed back, but thats alot of money for all those uniforms.

The lady vol thing was a pretty big deal, and one aspect was timing. It happened right in the middle of the title 9 lawsuit, so it seems like just another slap in the face to women. Im sure it had sonething to do with the uniform contract because it was also during the switch to nike, but if it did, noone ever explained that. I dont think there was ever a legitimate reason as to why.
It needs to be changed back, but thats alot of money for all those uniforms.

I always liked the "Lady Vols" name but I don't see it as that big of an issue. I think it was a big deal because it was a change...and people hate change.

IMO it was part of Nike's branding strategy. Just like slapping the checkerboards all over everything...but that's another discussion.

Short term I'd like to see him throw his unbridled and very public support behind Coach Jones and the football program. That will quiet the "fire Butch Jones" crowd some and it'll minimize the effectiveness of the negative recruiting that comes along with a coach that's on the hot seat. Long term I want him to make solid hires in all sports, timely terminations when need be, do his part to keep all programs financially sound and do his part to keep the NCAA from having any reason to set up shop in Knoxville.

I always liked the "Lady Vols" name but I don't see it as that big of an issue. I think it was a big deal because it was a change...and people hate change.

IMO it was part of Nike's branding strategy. Just like slapping the checkerboards all over everything...but that's another discussion.

May not be a big deal to you, but it was to alot of people. Our traditions in women athletics is right up there with the tops in the country. The image should stay there. There is something wrong if we cant work out a contract with the LV logo on all female sport uniforms.

In many ways, Hart has put us on a better path, at least financially. He walked into a train wreck, and did alot to get Tennessee's finances rebuilt. I think him trying to phase out the Lady Vols was his big mistake. There were other things too, but Hell hath no fury than a bunch of women scorned. I feel every decision he made that could be criticized was amplified by their supporters. So, when his buddy Cheek decided to retire, he bailed too.

We started getting back on track after the BOT ordered Cheek to stop robbing the AD of the majority of the money it was bringing in and put a large chunk back in the AD.The merging of the two AD departments did help and eliminate some positions that were not needed, which was Hart's primary job when he was brought in.

May not be a big deal to you, but it was to alot of people. Our traditions in women athletics is right up there with the tops in the country. The image should stay there. There is something wrong if we cant work out a contract with the LV logo on all female sport uniforms.

If I was in charge of the branding I wouldn't have changed it. Why create an issue when there really isn't anything positive to gain?

Someone at Nike obviously sold them that this would be a positive (uniting the brand) and it has backfired.

We started getting back on track after the BOT ordered Cheek to stop robbing the AD of the majority of the money it was bringing in and put a large chunk back in the AD.The merging of the two AD departments did help and eliminate some positions that were not needed, which was Hart's primary job when he was brought in.

I don't think that's what happened. I believe UT allowed the athletic dept. a reprieve from paying what it owed the university. Scholarships aren't "free". The UTAD pays the university for them.

I would like to see the new AD unify the boosters and fanbase. I want everybody that truly loves Tennessee to be on the same page and work together to achieve the best success for Tennessee. I would like to see the completion of a lot of athletic upgrades that are currently ongoing and further plans for advancement in those regards. I'd like to see our athletes continue to improve academically, as well as our APR score. I want him to reaffirm to our coaches that nothing but the best is acceptable at Tennessee and if you are not performing you will not be here long.

Ultimately, I want the new AD to do what is best for Tennessee. I do not want him to be a puppet for the boosters or do things to please people. I want him to always have the best interest of Tennessee at heart when making his decisions.

I don't think that's what happened. I believe UT allowed the athletic dept. a reprieve from paying what it owed the university. Scholarships aren't "free". The UTAD pays the university for them.

Go back and do the research and read the articles, Cheek had the AD on a tight budget and was pulling dollars over in large amounts to fund education building projects around campus. He was told by the BOT to give a specified amount back, I think it was at least $10 mil, or be removed as Chancelor. The AD did pay for its scholies. Cheek and the rest of Academia wanted to build UT as the largest research school in the country. He was pulling massive dollars from the AD cookie jar and shut down many programs that aided student athletes.

Go back and do the research and read the articles, Cheek had the AD on a tight budget and was pulling dollars over in large amounts to fund education building projects around campus. He was told by the BOT to give a specified amount back, I think it was at least $10 mil, or be removed as Chancelor. The AD did pay for its scholies. Cheek and the rest of Academia wanted to build UT as the largest research school in the country. He was pulling massive dollars from the AD cookie jar and shut down many programs that aided student athletes.

UT giving athletic department some money back | Times Free Press

Hire a new women's basketball coach--immediately--and dump the Lady Vols name and its antiquated-looking logo once and for all. This is the best start he could make.

Then hire a new volleyball coach.

VN Store

Back