What would it take?

I will always support the Vols even if I disagree with the coaching. I think Martin could be a great coach. I think he can recruit (as evidence that he beat out Coach K for a recruit that K really wanted). I think he can coach defense. I'm not convinced he can coach offense, though. His rotations are also questionable. I'm in a wait and see mode right now. It's hard to make a full judgment on a coach with so many injuries.

So Austin Nichols is coming here?

I'm not sure why pointing out that Martin is playing McBee now makes me "negative in everything in life". The cuonzo club takes it personal when you point out he is respsonsible for the team and results. If not having McBee on the court is a good thing in someone's viewpoint, why does cuonzo not stick him on the end of the bench.

And to take the next step, since he doesn't stick him on the bench, why think that next years McBee-type won't be in the game logging minutes as well?

I guess it's easier to make a personal attack than answer the obvious question.

Your savior Pearl played him. In a matter of fact gave him a scholly. I've never seen you say anything positive. So I'm just questioning that. Most fans usually cheer for their team, and the vibe that comes off from you is that you are wanting failure.

I know it's hard for the Martin haters to grasp that Martin beat K in a recruiting battle, but it did happen.

I'm not sure why pointing out that Martin is playing McBee now makes me "negative in everything in life". The cuonzo club takes it personal when you point out he is respsonsible for the team and results. If not having McBee on the court is a good thing in someone's viewpoint, why does cuonzo not stick him on the end of the bench.

And to take the next step, since he doesn't stick him on the bench, why think that next years McBee-type won't be in the game logging minutes as well?

I guess it's easier to make a personal attack than answer the obvious question.

Here's my take...CCM has a senior who busts his a$$ in practice, and we all know how much that matters to CCM (whether right or wrong that's not the point I'm trying to make). What are his other options at the 2: Edwards seems too big, same for Reese, they like Q at the 3/4. So really he has Mcbee and McRae at the 2 getting minutes. I also think CCM realizes that this team needs SOME form of outside shooting to help space, and CCM thinks his most likely candidate is Mcbee. From what I am told Mcbee still shoots about 80-90% in practice, so CCM doesn't believe that his poor shooting in games is injury related, more just a slump. You also have to remember CCM was a hard worker and shooter, I'm sure he himself fell into slumps, so maybe he sees Mcbee somewhat as himself?

I will say I would like to see golden Lopez split the point and McRae and Richardson logging 35 minutes at the 2/3. That leaves about 10 minutes a game for Mcbee, tell him he has the green light and better shoot if he's open. If he starts hitting again well great, if not its only 10 minutes a game so what's that 3-4 shots a game?

As for next year, I'm not sure who or where you see a "Mcbee" playing, he's getting 26 minutes a game, who gets that next year? Hubbs is going to come in and if not start play starter minutes (25-30). You have golden at point, Hubbs, McRae and Richardson locking up the 2/3. That leaves the 4/5 spot...Maymon and stokes wil each get 30 minutes, so that leaves 20 minutes for someone in the post, my guess would be Yemi. He'll step in to take halls minutes plus the minutes he was already getting.

Look something like this:

Golden 30/ Lopez, Landry, ?, McRae?
McRae 15/ Hubbs 25
Richardson 30McRae 10
Maymon 30/ stokes 10
Stokes 20/ Yemi 20

JMO

Last edited:
Your savior Pearl played him. In a matter of fact gave him a scholly. I've never seen you say anything positive. So I'm just questioning that. Most fans usually cheer for their team, and the vibe that comes off from you is that you are wanting failure.

He played approximately 12.5 minutes a game and was not a starter for Pearl versus over 24.5 minutes a game under CCM. I think everyone would be a lot happier if Skylar came off the bench and only played around 12 minutes a game. Probably wouldn't have as many hate thread.

He played approximately 12.5 minutes a game and was not a starter for Pearl versus over 24.5 minutes a game under CCM. I think everyone would be a lot happier if Skylar came off the bench and only played around 12 minutes a game. Probably wouldn't have as many hate thread.

True, but he wouldn't be on the team without Pearl. His minutes are regressing and isn't starting anymore.

McBee should shave the stache imo. That's the only solution I can think of.

It's what I'm calling for.

McRae and Richardson are playing like the stars of this team, give them star minutes, 35 a night. That leaves skylar about 10 minutes off the bench, I'm fine & dandy with that.

It's what I'm calling for.

McRae and Richardson are playing like the stars of this team, give them star minutes, 35 a night. That leaves skylar about 10 minutes off the bench, I'm fine & dandy with that.

McRae and Richardson ARE the stars of the team. I don't see that changing going forward. They're the only ones with any kind of desire.

McRae and Richardson ARE the stars of the team. I don't see that changing going forward. They're the only ones with any kind of desire.

I'm really amazed with how good they are doing this year. If Golden could get out of whatever he is going through we would be fine.

Exactly.

So give them the big minutes and let them continue to improve, skylars basketball career is over.

True, but he wouldn't be on the team without Pearl. His minutes are regressing and isn't starting anymore.

His minutes should have never got to the point where they needed to regress. He's averaging 26.2 minutes a game this year with 21 mpg in the last two which were probably the worst in his career. I'm fine with the scholarship that Pearl gave him at the time and if he was used the way Pearl used him. Home town white boy that works hard to come off the bench and give you 10 mpg is perfect for McBee and would be a crowd pleaser. 26.2 mpg is a poor coaching decision.

You missed the last thread a started? You only read what you want to read. When this team gives positives, I give credit.

And another trick of the cuonzo club - Bring up some outlandish Pearl reference. I liked Pearl's success, but despised his handling of the situation that lead to his firing. And I cannot say it enough, Pearl should never coach at UT again. Period. But you and the cuonzo club go ahead and keep fantasizing about him being some "savior" when cuonzo loses and people are critical.

And certainly you aren't denying that at 8-5 there is plenty to criticize about the preparation and execution of this team? Or are you?

I'm really amazed with how good they are doing this year. If Golden could get out of whatever he is going through we would be fine.

Over the last two games McRae is 8/20 (40%) from 3 and 18/35 (51%) from the floor. Richardson is 3/8 (38%) from 3 and 11/25 (44%) from the floor. That's very efficient for 2 wing players. The offense needs to go through them. If Golden can get back to form maybe we'll be okay this season.

IE makes good points. I tend to think if it was someone other than him posting it people might agree with what he has to say.

I don't, but I don't think McBee should be a weight this year either.
And that's what I'm saying, there's no returning starter who's a senior that's a weight like Mcbee is/was. I don't know who you can even point to as being that guy next year???

I think we'll see less and less of it.

He already has lost his starting spot and his minutes continue to decrease, I wouldn't be surprised if he played 15 minutes or less Saturday.

10-2? Ole miss, GT, Memphis and Okie State are all more talented than we are. I haven't looked at UVAs roster, but I believe we were the more talented team in that game.

Well, I think we should have taken 2 of 3 against Virginia, Memphis and Ole Miss. Even if Mississippi and Memphis are more talented, we have to protect our home court better than that.

Well, I think we should have taken 2 of 3 against Virginia, Memphis and Ole Miss. Even if Mississippi and Memphis are more talented, we have to protect our home court better than that.

So the loss to UVA is ok then? We are more talented but they're protecting their home court. Same for Bama tomorrow, a loss is ok because it's THEIR home court?

UT can beat Bama. Will they is the question. We have stunk on the road since last year. Bama struggles to score like we do, but they have Releford and we don't. Points will be at a premium.

UT can beat Bama. Will they is the question. We have stunk on the road since last year. Bama struggles to score like we do, but they have Releford and we don't. Points will be at a premium.

Even with all of our suckitude, I also think Bama is a winnable game.

VN Store

Back