What would it take?

there is no proof that they will win, they should win but like I said we dont know what team we are going to get from game to game.If you think without a doubt that Tn will win all these game then thats good.Means you have faith but because I dont think Tn is going to win or sweep all these teams is just my opinion.Im not trying to make anybody think like me.All you are doing is giving your opinion ?

Oh, I think we know what kind of team we're going to get from game to game. Inconsistent play, offensive struggles especially in the first half and a team that is going to have to win by defending and rebounding.

I never said I think UT will win all these games without a doubt. You said there is no proof that UT can beat any SEC team right now and I gave two wins against two opponents as examples that they can beat a SEC team. Will they win enough to get to the NCAA tourney? I don't think so, but I know for a fact that they'll win some games. How many is debatable. It's looking like 8-9 at the most.

Florida is going to take a huge hit after this year. They lose, Boynton, Rosario, Murphy, and surely Young as well. They'll have some talent remaining and some decent recruits coming it, but that's still a lot to lose.

UK will be restocking once again, but who knows what the team will be like? Always a crap shoot.

Missouri will lose Oriakhi, Bowers, Keion Bell and possibly Pressey to the draft.

Ole Miss loses Holloway, Buckner and Williams.

Of the teams returning the most experience next year in the SEC, Tennessee will be the most talented. I expect that to go a long way.
"Decent" recruits? More like two possible one-and-dones in Hill and Walker. Damontre Harris and Dorian Finney-Smith will also be eligible. Then we'll still have Wilbekin, Yeguete, Prather, Frazier, and possibly Young. We'll be good. It might take some time to mesh, but the talent level next year might be better than it is on this year's team.

Oh, I think we know what kind of team we're going to get from game to game. Inconsistent play, offensive struggles especially in the first half and a team that is going to have to win by defending and rebounding.

I never said I think UT will win all these games without a doubt. You said there is no proof that UT can beat any SEC team right now and I gave two wins against two opponents as examples that they can beat a SEC team. Will they win enough to get to the NCAA tourney? I don't think so, but I know for a fact that they'll win some games. How many is debatable. It's looking like 8-9 at the most.

I understand what you are saying.I might have just word it wrong but I think we are thinking along the same line.Im not sure that they can win enough to get into the tourney.You say 8-9 and I said 7.We are not that far off.

Next year will be the most telling, IMO. He'll have an experienced and talented lineup.

I agree. But we have to run. We cant just pass the ball around and rush to find a shot in the last 5seconds of the shot clock. McBee has not lived up to the hype. We will have a better team on paper next year for sure. But who knows CCM might turn it around by tournament time.

I understand what you are saying.I might have just word it wrong but I think we are thinking along the same line.Im not sure that they can win enough to get into the tourney.You say 8-9 and I said 7.We are not that far off.

I do agree with you that this team isn't getting better. We've hit a wall and regressed some, but I think injuries have had something to do with that primarily with Golden. McBee has been injured, but he has never been a consistent shooter even when he's healthy. Reese can't seem to stay healthy. He played one game after being out all season and then missed the next game with an ankle injury. I think he can help us, but not enough to get to the NCAA tourney. He needs some more meat on his bones. Buckner climbed his back and took the ball from him and slammed it home at the end of last night's game.

If you wanna take shots at me come out and do it. Yea I said I thought Hubbs would be the 6th man behind Hubbs and Richardson, Atleast I say something and stick with it.

You've been on both sides of the fence and back again the last 6 months, covering all your bases?

Come out and say something, hindsight is 20/20 my friend. How's this season gonna play out? How's next season gonna play out? Will Hubbs start the season opener?

C'mon let's hear it...
Someone taking shots at you?
Can you dish it and not take it?
You like to give it to everyone else but when someone rides you, you show the true self.
You post more about what you did or didn't say, and spend more time defending your valued credibility than you do posting information anymore.
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Someone taking shots at you?
Can you dish it and not take it?
You like to give it to everyone else but when someone rides you, you show the true self.
You post more about what you did or didn't say, and spend more time defending your valued credibility than you do posting information anymore.
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

k

Our logic may "run in circles", but hindsight sure is easy ain't it?

Last edited:
Between UK and Florida they are getting half of the top 10's this year. Florida is having better than a decent class.

Adding Maymon and Hubbs adds an extra 20-25 ppg. McRae, Richardson, Golden, and Stokes can go easily for 10 or more points on any night. That's 60 pts at least every night plus adding a couple bench players. The team will be really good next year.

Between UK and Florida they are getting half of the top 10's this year. Florida is having better than a decent class.

Adding Maymon and Hubbs adds an extra 20-25 ppg. McRae, Richardson, Golden, and Stokes can go easily for 10 or more points on any night. That's 60 pts at least every night plus adding a couple bench players. The team will be really good next year.

I honestly think losing Mcbee and hall will also be addition by subtraction for this team. I'd really like to add another PG, JUCO or good FROSH. Do that and I'll feel very good about next year, but as of now no PG depth next year (unless Landry surprises).

Reactions: 1 person
Losing Mcbee will help a lot. It will get someone that can score on the court instead of him.

@OP: Support is a tricky word. Can you support a coach while also wanting him gone? I'd like to think I still supported Dooley, while wanting him gone from the moment Florida beat us. To me, you stop supporting a coach when you start rooting against the team so he'll be fired. I have never done that.

I support Martin because he is the Tennessee head basketball coach. Just like I did Dooley. But that doesn't mean I think he is the answer. Nor am I saying he isn't the answer.

What I do know, though, is that the squad he has now, Maymon or not, should be 10-2, not 8-4. Of the 3 Cuanzo recruits that get consistent playing time (Josh, Yemi and Jarnell), it seems Josh and Yemi have developed better according to the talent they have. Stokes has been disappointing, but only because of his immense talent. From a statistical standpoint, 11.6 points and 7.8 rebounds is nothing to complain about.

Anyway, the point I'm making here is that if we don't pull it together this season and finish with a respectable SEC record, I'll be thoroughly disappointed, and yes, I'll probably want him gone. I'll brace myself for massive disappointment next year as well, even if, looking at the roster, there should be no reason for any.

I ramble too much.

k

Our logic may "run in circles", but hindsight sure is easy ain't it?
What's with the hind sight?
I ***** and moan about the present situation.
If it's good I enjoy the moment.
ain't no hindsight in it.
If you want a prediction so you can bump it, I'd say about 17 games if the defense gets back to playing like it was.
If not then less than 17.
Happy?

"Decent" recruits? More like two possible one-and-dones in Hill and Walker. Damontre Harris and Dorian Finney-Smith will also be eligible. Then we'll still have Wilbekin, Yeguete, Prather, Frazier, and possibly Young. We'll be good. It might take some time to mesh, but the talent level next year might be better than it is on this year's team.

I'm not convinced Donovan will do anything with them. That's why I said they'll be talented but only just a decent team. Nothing like this year

I agree. But we have to run. We cant just pass the ball around and rush to find a shot in the last 5seconds of the shot clock. McBee has not lived up to the hype. We will have a better team on paper next year for sure. But who knows CCM might turn it around by tournament time.

You can't shoot as poorly as we do and expect to spread D's out enough to play just a half court set

What I do know, though, is that the squad he has now, Maymon or not, should be 10-2, not 8-4.

10-2? Ole miss, GT, Memphis and Okie State are all more talented than we are. I haven't looked at UVAs roster, but I believe we were the more talented team in that game.

Same coach. Why do you think he won't have more dead weight out there in his place?

Are you negative with everything in your life, or just with coach Martin? Do you even cheer for the Vols man, and this is a serious question?

Are you negative with everything in your life, or just with coach Martin? Do you even cheer for the Vols man, and this is a serious question?

You are saying McBee being gone is good so he will be replaced with someone else. There is no contract that forces McBee to play now.

You are claiming it's an improvement to not have him playing. If it's addition by subtraction, why not subtract him now?

Serious question.

I will always support the Vols even if I disagree with the coaching. I think Martin could be a great coach. I think he can recruit (as evidence that he beat out Coach K for a recruit that K really wanted). I think he can coach defense. I'm not convinced he can coach offense, though. His rotations are also questionable. I'm in a wait and see mode right now. It's hard to make a full judgment on a coach with so many injuries.

I'm not sure why pointing out that Martin is playing McBee now makes me "negative in everything in life". The cuonzo club takes it personal when you point out he is respsonsible for the team and results. If not having McBee on the court is a good thing in someone's viewpoint, why does cuonzo not stick him on the end of the bench.

And to take the next step, since he doesn't stick him on the bench, why think that next years McBee-type won't be in the game logging minutes as well?

I guess it's easier to make a personal attack than answer the obvious question.

IMO, it's too early to write Coach Martin off. Any coach at any level deserves 3 years. I think by then you have seen enough in game coaching, recruiting and just the way they conduct themselves in that length of time (at least a fair observation). So....no reason to get down just yet. I'm curious about what Hart's direction is with the basketball program if Martin doesn't pan out. Hopefully he makes basketball a priority instead of the ugly step sister it has been in the past.

VN Store

Back