What we may just have in CDT and CBJ

Volngeorgia

If CDT survives the NCAA stuff, I think he might be the right guy to challenge royalty.
Ray Mears never believed the big blue was entitled.
Entitled to get all the best players and all of the close calls in officiating and blue fan takeovers of opposing gyms and the sec tourney.
Billy Donovan did this but very little of gator nation cared that much. His work was very under appreciated.
But, imagine CDT getting that kind of talent with us.
The UK worship and fawning would stop.

Same story with CBJ?
Yes. He has no fear of the entitled Tide. He doesn't believe that they are supposed to run this conference.
He doesn't care that the SEC office is in Birmingham.

Times are changing.
We have the facilities, support, and now the coaches to become the top team in both sports.
Go Vols!

Reactions: 23 people
Nega vol here. Ummmm nope. Want happen. Until Coach Cal is out. UK will be just what we have seen. No top tier players like you seen last night in blue will ever wear the orange. Sorry but true.

Now someone prove me wrong. I've been a vol fan all my life. I'm still waiting to see that UK talent in Knoxville wearing the orange.

Reactions: 3 people
If CDT survives the NCAA stuff, I think he might be the right guy to challenge royalty.
Entitled to get all the best players and all of the close calls in officiating and blue fan takeovers of opposing gyms and the sec tourney.
Billy Donovan did this but very little of gator nation cared that much. His work was very under appreciated.

Same story with CBJ?
Yes. He has no fear of the entitled Tide. He doesn't believe that they are supposed to run this conference.

Times are changing.
We have the facilities, support, and now the coaches to become the top team in both sports.
Go Vols!

Get Tyndall a suit that fits would be a good start

Reactions: 13 people
Not exactly sure what inspired this.

The way Tyndall coaches up his talent.
The way he works the refs, substitution patterns, use of timeouts.
He knows basketball.
First time I can remember that we've had two coaches at the helm in both sports at the same time that truly WANT to be here and are capable of winning at a high level.
Just my opinion, of course.

Reactions: 11 people

Same story with CBJ?

Times are changing.
Go Vols!

You are correct, except, the other S.E.C. schools are in the process of upgrading their facilities also. So, the top notch facilities will not hold water. Soon, all S.E.C. facilities will rival what we now have.

Reactions: 2 people
I do think CDT is getting more out of this roster than CCM would have. Not sure if he's the guy to lead us to the basketball 'Promised Land', but we shall see.

They are both blue collar (player) coaches, it will get better in Basketball but its going to take time. NCAA will have to come to a conclusion than the players will start signing because players luv playing for CDT

CBJ is just recruiting his way to the promise land...only time will stop him

He knows basketball.
First time I can remember that we've had two coaches at the helm in both sports at the same time that truly WANT to be here and are capable of winning at a high level.

Fulmer and Pearl?

Reactions: 11 people
Fulmer and Pearl?

When Bruce got here, Phil was on the way out and (in my opinion) had lost his fire and was being surpassed by better incoming sec coaches.

Bruce could have been our Mears.
Phil and Johnny came somewhat close to being our Neyland.
Can Butch get there?
If his coaching staff can coach up his players like Tyndall can......yes.

Reactions: 1 person
He knows basketball.

Butch is great, that is certain. Can he win at a high level? That is still uncertain.

You guys kill me happy about a coach that coaches hard as he gets his butt kicked. .
.give me a break. No one feels sorry for him not having talent. Win some games and I will get excited. Was he coaching and getting the best out of the team when Alabama kicked our butts. Don't even grade this guy until he has a team.

Butch is great, that is certain. Can he win at a high level? That is still uncertain.

I agree with the op, I think we'll see Butch win a couple of big games this year. Tyndall needs some more recruits first, but I think he can coach.

We'll never be the basketball program we were with Pearl here. Basketball players play for coaches more than the university imo.

The one-year rule for frosh at least helps us. Trotting out 5 3-star seniors doesn't match up too bad with 5 5-star freshman. We just need some experience on the roster.

He knows basketball.

Now if he can just teach Butch that timeout thing.

Reactions: 1 person
I know Bama has a lot of tradition in football, but we have the best record in the conf. over the last several yrs. I think it is the past 50 yrs., but not sure.

We'll never be the basketball program we were with Pearl here. Basketball players play for coaches more than the university imo.

Pre-Pearl, I wished I had a dollar for every time I heard "It will be hard for Tennessee to ever be a winner in men's basketball again"...... not just from jacklegs either...hell I heard it from top people in the sports business like Larry Conley and the late Joe Dean.

VN Store

Back