What was your first non-UT college football game you attended?

In '07 I had a friend working at UGA. I went to the UGA/Ole Miss game with him. It was a pretty good experience, mainly because it was free! I wore UT gear and got so much trash talk from the UGA fans about how they were going to destroy us the following week in Knoxville. The poetic justice was wonderful, however, as I sat in Neyland Stadium the next week to watch the Vols thrash the Dawgs 35-14 in front of 107,000+.

:good!:

I grew up in West TN so the Liberty Bowl was a decent drive. We went in '86 to see TN play Minnesota. I got to see Majors beat a Lou Holtz team the first time and the second time (at the miracle at South Bend).

The next year UGA was playing Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl and my dad took me to that game since we had such a good time the year before. Georgia won by 3. It was a good game.

Me and a couple of buddies went to see Louisville play Michigan State in '93 in the Liberty Bowl when we were home for Christmas break.

Last year, one of my Texas friends took me to Austin to see "the other UT" play Ole Miss. Good times. I wore a TN shirt. That is the only "foreign" college game I have seen in a non-bowl environment.

I went to a number of ETSU games and some Appy St ones as well. No idea which came first. I know it wasn't the first, but I remember seeing Randy Moss in the Mini Dome and knowing that I was watching greatness.

1980 Syracuse vs #1 Ohio State in Columbus. Art Schlichter was the Buckeye's QB.

Clemson at Virginia Tech in 1999. Some slow guy named Michael Vick played quarterback for VT that year. Amazing to see his quickness in person.

I wore my Tennessee hat to the game and took a lot of insults from the VT fans.

John Elway's Stanford team knocked OSU out of #1 that season.

No, what happened was Ohio State had to come from behind to beat Syracuse. So the pollsters were not impressed. The following week they were #2 and Bama was #1. Side note, Saban was on the OSU coaching staff at OSU that year.

I don't remember for sure but it was definitely a Vandy game. I went to many as a kid as a casual observer.

Well...that and I was always rooting for whoever was playing Vandy.

Eastern Illinois @ TTU sometime in the 90s. Don't remember exact year. Probably more impressed with the band than the game then.

No, but I saw several games then. I was just a kid, but on every Saturday my dad was off he would take me to Cullowhee. We only live 20 minutes away. Then in the late 80's he introduced me to Tennessee. He made sure I got to experience 1-2 games each year and tried to spread it out so I saw as many different opponents as possible. He ruined me...and I am thankful for it.

Did you go see them the year they played Southern Illinois in the D1AA Championship game(1983)?

VN Store

Back