What time do we play Thursday?

The fact that many vol fans in that area don't get to see Tennessee that often in person it'd be a great opportunity for those fans. Probably would be a good crowd.

BullS***, UT played in the NIT at MTSU in around '88ish. 12,000+ in attendance.

Heck, I saw the Lady Vols play MTSU in Murfreesboro a couple of years ago and there was over 10,000 there for that one.

Those games are funny because in both cases the crowd was about 50% MTSU and 50% Vols.

No offense, but have you ever been to an MTSU game? I live less than two miles from MTSU and have been to several of their games this year. That arena could hold 8,000 MAX. And that is pushing it. Their upper deck is pull out bleachers, which are never pulled out. The lower bowl is never more than 3/4 full

The fact that many vol fans in that area don't get to see Tennessee that often in person it'd be a great opportunity for those fans. Probably would be a good crowd.

Hey, i think you are talking about me! Except for the fact that I commute to Knoxville regularly for weekend games. Still, when you put it like that it doesn't sound all that bad! :loco:

No offense, but have you ever been to an MTSU game? I live less than two miles from MTSU and have been to several of their games this year. That arena could hold 8,000 MAX. And that is pushing it. Their upper deck is pull out bleachers, which are never pulled out. The lower bowl is never more than 3/4 full

Here is a link. The seating capacity is 11,520. Yes, I am talking about with the pull out bleachers pulled out. They pull them out when the Vols come to town. LOL!

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I have seen a few MTSU games. I can remember when they built Murphy Center. I attended the very first big event there...Elvis Presley. I saw Bob Hope, John Denver, Styx, MC Hammer, Whitney Houston, ELO, the Eagles and a few others at Murphy Center. I graduated from Tenn Tech back when MTSU was a big rival. So I saw Tech play them in Murfreesboro a few times. they had a big brawl one game there.

A swing and a miss....

Capacity: 11,520
Record attendance: 11,807 (02-26-2004 vs. Western Kentucky)

Cool guys. Would love to see their average attendance for basketball this season. Not trying to argue, just saying their venue is nothing compared to Tennessee. on an average night MTSU will draw 2,000 if lucky, and only use the pull out bleachers if the Vols or Commodores come to town. If you disagree, you are just ignorant.

Not sure why it's taking so long to announce the time.

They must have a tight schedule on ESPNU.

Cool guys. Would love to see their average attendance for basketball this season. Not trying to argue, just saying their venue is nothing compared to Tennessee. on an average night MTSU will draw 2,000 if lucky, and only use the pull out bleachers if the Vols or Commodores come to town. If you disagree, you are just ignorant.

Oh, I agree with that. Murphy Center is 40 years old. That was an awsome building back in the '70s. Not so much any more.

I grew up in Manchester btw.

According to their website the average attendance was 4,720.

Here is a link. The seating capacity is 11,520. Yes, I am talking about with the pull out bleachers pulled out. They pull them out when the Vols come to town. LOL!

Yes, I have seen a few MTSU games. I can remember when they built Murphy Center. I attended the very first big event there...Elvis Presley. I saw Bob Hope, John Denver, Styx, MC Hammer, Whitney Houston, ELO, the Eagles and a few others at Murphy Center. I graduated from Tenn Tech back when MTSU was a big rival. So I saw Tech play them in Murfreesboro a few times. they had a big brawl one game there.

I got to dance on stage with MC Hammer at Murphy Center. True story.

You're out of your mind. It's crazy to play this game anywhere other than Thompson Boling

Thats awesome. if you ever remember how you did it, let me know.

Click on the arrow to the right of Other Calendars and it is in Browse Interesting Calendars.

Mine is showing that the game is at 11am on Friday, though I sincerely doubt that this is right.

Last edited:
lots of misinformation here

Tennessee played AT MTSU about 3 years ago. I was one of the few Vol fans that could get a ticket. They were very difficult to obtain before gametime off the street and prices were a premium. I can't see why a NIT game would be any different.

MTSU would easily sell this game out.

Tennessee Tech has only soldout like three games in their arena's history and one of those was an NIT game against Tennessee.

You guys don't understand how much these schools would value a postseason game against the Vols.

You're out of your mind. It's crazy to play this game anywhere other than Thompson Boling

That it would be a nice chance for others to see the Vols were it in Murphreesboro and that it would be crazy to play anywhere other than TBA are not mutually exclusive.

That it would be a nice chance for others to see the Vols were it in Murphreesboro and that it would be crazy to play anywhere other than TBA are not mutually exclusive.

I must have missed something. Regardless, it should be a moot point altogether

Flipped to the Ole Miss/Illinois St game. During a timeout it had upcoming games and showed us playing Monday night at 7. The announcers talked about it being a very intriguing in-state game. I believe it listed it as being on ESPN.

Flipped to the Ole Miss/Illinois St game. During a timeout it had upcoming games and showed us playing Monday night at 7. The announcers talked about it being a very intriguing in-state game. I believe it listed it as being on ESPN.

Good. And if win that, we'd probably turn around and play that Wednesday, right?

You go pretty far back then. I saw U2 there back in the late 80's during their Joshua Tree tour and Pearl Jam in the mid 90's. With only Municipal Auditorium to choose from, a lot of bands played at Murphy Center. I can't remember a show being there in some time though. Once Starwood was built and the Arena/GEC/Sommet/Bridgestone arena was built then very few bands played there.

VN Store

Back