What time do we play Thursday?

As a Vols and Blue Raiders fan, I almost feel this is a toss-up. I'd give UT the slight edge at TBA. MTSU has a solid team this year. LaRon Dendy, Marcos Knight and Raymond Cintron are players to keep an eye on. I hate this match-up because I know one of these teams will be going home. :(

From SID Tom Satkowiak. This was from last night so we might know something today.

Tom Satkowiak‏@TomSatkowiak

NIT hasn't told us yet. Hopefully we'll know in the morning. RT @JHelmsSmith: @TomSatkowiak When is y'all's next game?

Yeah, LaRon Dendy...he is real good! Without Maymon, if Stokes picks up two fouls in the first five minutes, MTSU will beat us fairly easy.

SIAP
Last night, it was reported that Tennessee’s second-round NIT matchup with Middle Tennessee State would be played either tomorrow night or — get this — Sunday morning at 11am ET.
For much of the day, the NCAAÂ’s official website had listed the UT-MTSU game on its Thursday rundown of games with a time to be determined. Now itÂ’s listing the game as a Friday affair, but the tip time is still a mystery.

Per mrsec.com

I have not seen this first part reported anywhere, but I would think a Friday night game in TBA would be impossible due to a concert at the arena. Looking like Sunday morning based on this.

It won't be Friday. TBA is hosting Winter Jam.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Damn. I have prior obligations tomorrow evening, all day Sunday, and all day Monday. I guess I can hope for Saturday, but that's the only option that no one thinks it'll be.

Would prefer tomorrow to Sunday or Monday. At least I can record it tomorrow. My living room (and TV) will be spoken for Sunday and Monday.

I think Monday night is the best option, but it appears that a Sunday morning game is still in the works.

Watch em do like they did Dayton and make us travel even though we're the higher seed.

Don't like the thought of playing @mtsu.

Also will be funny to see the crowd on a Sunday morning. Already have trouble putting people in TBA on Wednesday church night, but now Sunday church morning!!!! C'mon man.

Tell them we will meet them in Cookeville at midnight on Saturday nite...

To quote Al Bundy, "Let's Rock!"

Watch em do like they did Dayton and make us travel even though we're the higher seed.

Don't like the thought of playing @mtsu.

Also will be funny to see the crowd on a Sunday morning. Already have trouble putting people in TBA on Wednesday church night, but now Sunday church morning!!!! C'mon man.

Won't happen. Dayton was a completely different circumstance. They would be lucky to draw 2,000 attendance at a game at MTSU. With that said, is there still no word on when the game will be?

Won't happen. Dayton was a completely different circumstance. They would be lucky to draw 2,000 attendance at a game at MTSU. With that said, is there still no word on when the game will be?

I guess I should have said I was being sarcastic, I know it won't happen was just throwing it out there. I think we may have had the highest NIT attendance so far this year, confirmed???

Last I heard, still nothing though as far as gane day/time.

BullS***, UT played in the NIT at MTSU in around '88ish. 12,000+ in attendance.

Heck, I saw the Lady Vols play MTSU in Murfreesboro a couple of years ago and there was over 10,000 there for that one.

Those games are funny because in both cases the crowd was about 50% MTSU and 50% Vols.

VN Store

Back