what recruit historically, were you the most excited to land?

Does anybody remember the in-state OL prospect, roughly a decade ago, that was getting press as an 8th or 9th grader. Hispanic, I think.

Kid was nearly 7-foot and 300lbs as a freshman.

Supposedly, Fulmer wanted him, but then he never amounted to anything.

What player were you the absolute most pumped to land ever? Even if they turned out to be a bust or transfer (b brown). Ive only followed recruiting about 4 years so for me it has to be patterson followed very closely by hurd.

Peyton Manning. When we landed him, I just knew we were going to be really good!

Second would probably be Eric Berry.

Peyton is the reason I started following recruiting. I still remember reading articles in the paper about him and not being able to get enough from then on out.

Peyton is the reason I started following recruiting. I still remember reading articles in the paper about him and not being able to get enough from then on out.

i started following recruiting when tennessee landed carl pickens and chuck webb.

Brian Darden....huge get, supposedly best running back get ever. Unfortunately one of the biggest busts ever!!

There are so many. I remember being in highschool and checking the computer in class like every five minutes on signing and calling my dad when Hardesty chose us of North Carolina. That was awesome

Since I'm in my twenties I guess when we got jabari, Cedric, and Tinsley was badass. I was stoked about bryce brown and berry too

Last edited:
peytons class was a good one.i was looking forward to brian darden.his class was a good class also and he was a bust.

And a monumental bust at that. Lord he busted bigger than anything I can remember.

Two recruits I remember being really excited when they comitted back when I first started following recruiting closely were Robert Meacham and Demetrice Morely.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

My favorites are based on where I grew up (West Tennessee, Henry County HS) and players that impressed me from the surrounding area:

Al Wilson -- Jackson Central-Merry, scary dude even in HS

Marsalis Teague -- Henry Co. alum, wish he could have stayed at WR

Travis Stephens -- Clarksville NE, ran for over 300 against Henry Co. as a senior

Jalen Hurd -- also torched my Pats with over 300 yards as a junior with Beech, hoping for even greater things in a Vols uniform

Aaron Hayden was a huge get back in the day also from Detroit. I can go on back further but no one really sticks out as a huge get in recruiting. There was no hype over recruiting back then.

VN Store

Back