what recruit historically, were you the most excited to land?

Ertel

What player were you the absolute most pumped to land ever? Even if they turned out to be a bust or transfer (b brown). Ive only followed recruiting about 4 years so for me it has to be patterson followed very closely by hurd.

Jim Bob Cooter is the only answer!

Seriously though, I was pretty stoked about Da'Rick Rogers. Just hate how it ended.

Reactions: 3 people
See i missed out on those guys. i guess it was the year we landed richardson that i fell in love with the recruiting madness. Been hooked ever since. i remember ironically that in that cycle the instate kid i was happiest to get was cam clear.... :eek:hmy:

In recent memory, it has to be CP.

At the time, I (and many others) were convinced that the trio of Hunter, Rogers, and Patterson were going to scorch the SEC and lead Bray to a 5,000 yd, 50 TD season.

Reactions: 5 people

At the time, I (and many others) were convinced that the trio of Hunter, Rogers, and Patterson were going to scorch the SEC and lead Bray to a 5,000 yd, 50 TD season.

Along with Rivera, they probably would have.

I mean with two thirds of those guys and losing arguably the best of the three as far as being a pure wr, experience and being fully healthy he still had like 3600 yards and 32-35 tds

payton would be my first thought?

Another question would be which generally unknown player had the greatest upside during his career

Reactions: 1 person
Bryce Brown sent off cheers throughout the office building where I was working. A very strange occurrence in the normally stoic environment.

Reactions: 2 people
Eric Berry. I didn't even follow recruiting then and I still heard about it. Since I've started followed recruiting so closely I would go with Hurd.

Previously Bryce and Da'Rick, boy can I pick 'em. But I've never been as excited as I am about practically everyone in the upcoming class. Especially the Tennessee boys.

Reactions: 3 people
Chuck Webb and the most disappointment was Leroy remember Jo Pa and Leroy riding around in Knoxville in a Green Ford Pinto.:banghead2:Now as a whole if we can keep what we got right now together that would rival any class in the 43 years as fan as the best ever be dancing in the streets.:dance2:

Last edited:
for me in the following order

Peyton Manning
Brian Darden
Jabari Davis
James Banks
Chris Simms (I realize he didn't sign though)
Bryce Brown
Bernard Jackson

Look at my list and you will see why I don't get worked up about recruiting. Only 1 of those guys had a great career here, although a couple of them had some nice moments. 2 never even played.

All of these got me really hype.

Janzen Jackson
Bryce Brown
Darren Myles Jr
Nu'Keese Richardson
David Oku
Cameron Clear
Da'Rick Rogers
Justin Hunter-( I wanted him before we even started recruiting him after I seen his frame and athletic ability. So watches us start to recruit him and then getting him was awesome)
CP

Last edited:

VN Store

Back