What other message boards are saying (Post Iowa Edition)

both teams were also hurt by drops, especially early. TN would have benefited more if they had been completed. But Iowa is a lot weaker of an offense so even though it would have been for fewer yards it would have been more important for Iowa to complete those.

Yeah, I see posts trashing Iowa's QB as if he had reliable receivers. He didn't.

Last edited:
Big bowl win today, Nico’s future looks very bright. Iowa fans are pissed.

-Big ten west is fools gold. This was not a good team, you can't be a good team and be terrible on offense.

-absolute ass kicking. We aren’t even remotely in the same class as Tennessee

-Not sure why anyone would sign up for another year of this than go pro.

-This is dogshit and Kurt, you are responsible for this whole mess. Thanks but GOOD BYE!!!

-At this point, Kirk deserves to be fired. Such an arrogant, pompous ass.

-Stay classy TN. Running up the score like a bunch of clowns.

-What a freaking embarrassment…Shut out while facing a true freshman QB starting his first game.

-This Tennessee is a big boy program. Willing and able to pay 8M for gamechangers.

-Fire KF.....and I am done for the year. That's football.

-Everything about this game - aside some a lot of Lainez' scrambling for yards - was a total and utter shitshow today.

-Tennessee is a classless football team, screw them!
0.5 QBR that has to be some kind of record.

Reactions: VolDave53 and Zues1
The Big10 west blows.
The whole big 10 looks bad this bowl season. OSU and Penn State got beaten by SEC teams. Michigan is in a dogfight with bama right now. So far our record VS the Big 10 in bowls this season is 4-1

I do feel bad for their fans. Most of us were born into our Vols fandom; much the same as they were their Hawk fandom. And it was only a few years ago when we couldn’t score points. Hopefully thier coach makes a great OC hire to go along with their (usually) very good defense. Iowans are good people, I have family there, they’re almost as good as Tennesseans.

35-0 is running up the score??? No, if we had tacked on three more TD's, okay, yeah, then maybe.

Reactions: tbh and Vol1976
I do feel bad for their fans. Most of us were born into our Vols fandom; much the same as they were their Hawk fandom. And it was only a few years ago when we couldn’t score points. Hopefully thier coach makes a great OC hire to go along with their (usually) very good defense. Iowans are good people, I have family there, they’re almost as good as Tennesseans.
But he's been running that same stuff for 25 years. He seems like he's stuck in 1960

Agree to disagree. Holding your offense to 21-28 points with an offense that went 5 plays or less on 8 drives and losing field position battle all game is a very nice showing.

The 5 other teams holding you under that were 1) top 25 defenses, 2) had much more capable offenses.

Is Iowa a top 10 defense absolutely not. Are they top 15ish I believe so.
Dude. UT was down 3 starting OLs plus key back ups. They were down their leading two rushers. They've been without 2 of their 4 top WRs most of the year. In reality, UT had 4 scholarship WRs healthy and ready to play. And... the Vols had a Fr starting his first game at QB. You didn't even face the best version of a UT O that took a step back from last year. That Vol O put 383 yds on that vaunted D... over 100 more than your season average. By and large Iowa's D ranking is a product of playing slow and bad offenses except for 2 games... and this one.

Playing in any other conference or even the East division of the Big 10... Iowa isn't even a top 30 D... maybe not top 50.

It is kind of like I told one of your fans a few weeks ago. It isn't that Iowa doesn't have some very good players. #13 is a very good play. But those stars are more or less matched by UT's "stars". The difference is the talent and ability of all those guys around them. And honestly in this game... Heupel's scheme was simply better than Iowa's D or their defensive players. The Vols spread your guys out. They put stress on your D by forcing you to show either a light or heavy box. The only way teams beat that is to have dominant guys inside who can stop the run with a light box or guys fast enough at S to play the space between the WRs and tackles. Iowa doesn't have any of that. The only thing that could have beaten UT's scheme in this game was a lot of mistakes by the players. They didn't make them today.

My thoughts on the game as an Iowa fan.

About how I expected it to go. Earlier when I said stop the run we will struggle to score 10, the Qb can’t throw against air. I wasn’t kidding and I think you guys saw that on full display. From inaccuracy/ to not being able to read a defense, and just bad decision making all around. No team in their right mind can/should respect Iowa passing game, thus we see loaded boxes and on 3rd and long pass rushers teeing off.

Logical Iowa fans know the record was insanely over inflated, that being said I don’t think the programs are as far apart as score says I know that’s very laughable to Tennessee fans. A capable Qb makes this offense at least decent. Oline is average but capable. Rb’s are solid, TE’s will be great next year, definitely need one more explosive WR.

I think our D proved to be good. They gave up about 24. With an offense that goes 3 and out 50% of the time. With a decent offense 24 can keep you in every game. I didn’t see our defense just severely overwhelmed athletically.

As for Tennessee, I thought the G/C/G did a fabulous job, really controlled the interior. Tennessee running with that much success surprised me. Rb could just dance behind line wait for player to blow his run gap and hit the hole for good to great gains.

Nico looked fantastic Tennessee fans should be estatic. I see alot of Stroud in his game.

Zero problem with Tennessee trying to score late. It was backups/ Iowa had 80% of starters in. Tennessee players deserve those live reps for growth if program.

Wish the game was more entertaining, but Tennessee was far superior and it showed.

I think are are correct about your QB position. A solid QB would make that offense look entirely different.

Reactions: onevol74
I just read thru 75% of the Iowa message board. Sad , but also funny, how they started talking about how it was going to be easy with so many of our players out for injuries, portal, or opt out. Then complaining that we should take Nico out at 28-0 because we shouldn't keep running up the score. Cry babies!

VN Store

Back