What other message boards are saying (Post Iowa Edition)

Maybe he is average, but he’s still the best coach they’ve ever had. Yes, better than Bear. The SEC is significantly harder than it was in Bear’s day and anyone saying otherwise is out of their mind. Who were the other quality coaches in the SEC during that time period? Look at the coaching landscape in the SEC now and then factor in recruiting limitations that Bear didn’t have.
Stoops has not had a team that would have qualified for a bowl game in the early 50’s.

Reactions: SpookyAction
When you’re Iowa you’re gonna have 8 win seasons or worse with any coach. Cant recruit to Iowa. Who wants to play there?
A good coach would figure it out. Iowa is a good school and a good football college town. They just settle for an obscene level of mediocrity.

Neither did Nico’s yesterday. I am highly concerned about our OL and receivers going into 2024. Six sacks in that bowl game is more than concerning without an experienced back up QB.
Our OL does need to improve however, we did not have all our starters in the game. The tackles had issues, but the interior played well.

More than one sack, and a busted screen is fully on DS's refusal to block in pass protection. That is most likely why he was #3 on the depth chart. So it's not all the OL's fault.

We will be fine at wide receiver in my opinion, with some of the new additions. Our current WR's need to spend the off season learning to catch. Many thought it was JM throwing to hard, but there were several misses yesterday that should have been caught. The long miss by RK was the sun in my opinion. But a couple drops were inexcusable.

The amazing thing is that we are not talking about the secondary. Partly because Iowa's QB or lack thereof. However, I was happy to see several pass break ups that we have not seen all year. Makes me believe CJH was getting rid of dead wood with all the defections. They also tackled well in space when they did move the ball.

The team has work to do, the film will prove that. But overall next year's team should be much improved if they work like heck. GBO!

This is hilarious. They would have said we were classless if we had gone for that last touchdown. But now we're classless for stopping at the 1yard line and letting the clock run out. Frankly, I think that decision gave us the best of both worlds. Especially since they were ranked well above us going in.
I don’t understand everyone hating on Tennessee for being “classless” but praise Georgia for putting up 63 on a Florida state team that had almost every starter opt out

At Ky, Stoops has been better
Hard to compare coaches from very different era's bu I do think Stoops is a solid coach for Kentucky and they will likley do worse if the make a move to replace him. Sometimes you just need to recognize you will not b able to compete with the elites in the SEC with ACC resources (and NIL) and a focus on basketball.

Neither did Nico’s yesterday. I am highly concerned about our OL and receivers going into 2024. Six sacks in that bowl game is more than concerning without an experienced back up QB.
He should have thrown the ball away 3 of those times.

As I said earlier this season, he holds the ball too long.

But he didn't hold it as long this time. That's a sign of him being more comfortable with what he is seeing.

Nico just needs reps

But he didn't hold it as long this time. That's a sign of him being more comfortable with what he is seeing.

Nico just needs reps
He also didn't force any throws, which shows maturity. There were a few that he should have avoided the hit and got rid of the ball. A lot of young QBs have that issue.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

Nico just needs reps
Still does not alleviate my concerns about the OL and WR’s.

Iowa's D-line is elite so while the OL didn't always look great yesterday in pass protection, I do think it's important to note that's one of the best front 7's we've seen all year. Nico also held the ball too long on quite a few plays, so he's still getting adjusted to P5 speed. We still looked pretty good in the run game, even though a lot of Iowa fans thought they'd shut us down there.

The WR struggling is a bigger issue, but I'm hoping with the additions next season (Brazzell, Matthews, Staley), and hopefully we get Bru and Thornton back, the WR corp is much improved next year.

Maybe he is average, but he’s still the best coach they’ve ever had. Yes, better than Bear. The SEC is significantly harder than it was in Bear’s day and anyone saying otherwise is out of their mind. Who were the other quality coaches in the SEC during that time period? Look at the coaching landscape in the SEC now and then factor in recruiting limitations that Bear didn’t have.

What is most humorous about Stoops is that it’s now public knowledge that he doesn’t want to be there, and wouldn’t be if the A&M fanbase hadn’t raised holy hockey sticks about him being their coach.

Just something for the Kentucky faithful to contemplate in the off season. Enjoy mediocrity with a coach looking to leave but that nobody will hire. I think an extension is in order.

Big bowl win today, Nico’s future looks very bright. Iowa fans are pissed.

-Big ten west is fools gold. This was not a good team, you can't be a good team and be terrible on offense.

-absolute ass kicking. We aren’t even remotely in the same class as Tennessee

-Not sure why anyone would sign up for another year of this than go pro.

-This is dogshit and Kurt, you are responsible for this whole mess. Thanks but GOOD BYE!!!

-At this point, Kirk deserves to be fired. Such an arrogant, pompous ass.

-Stay classy TN. Running up the score like a bunch of clowns.

-What a freaking embarrassment…Shut out while facing a true freshman QB starting his first game.

-This Tennessee is a big boy program. Willing and able to pay 8M for gamechangers.

-Fire KF.....and I am done for the year. That's football.

-Everything about this game - aside some a lot of Lainez' scrambling for yards - was a total and utter shitshow today.

-Tennessee is a classless football team, screw them!
They are just butt hurt because their defense isn't the elite defense that they were told it was.

Big bowl win today, Nico’s future looks very bright. Iowa fans are pissed.

-Big ten west is fools gold. This was not a good team, you can't be a good team and be terrible on offense.

-absolute ass kicking. We aren’t even remotely in the same class as Tennessee

-Not sure why anyone would sign up for another year of this than go pro.

-This is dogshit and Kurt, you are responsible for this whole mess. Thanks but GOOD BYE!!!

-At this point, Kirk deserves to be fired. Such an arrogant, pompous ass.

-Stay classy TN. Running up the score like a bunch of clowns.

-What a freaking embarrassment…Shut out while facing a true freshman QB starting his first game.

-This Tennessee is a big boy program. Willing and able to pay 8M for gamechangers.

-Fire KF.....and I am done for the year. That's football.

-Everything about this game - aside some a lot of Lainez' scrambling for yards - was a total and utter shitshow today.

-Tennessee is a classless football team, screw them!

The Iowa fanbase can now turn their attention to cheering for Caitlin Clark.

VN Store

Back