What makes one "invested" in America?

No one isn't saying you haven't worked. But don't act like your generation is the reason we have opportunities right now. You didn't build this country.

Barrack? That you??

Our generation and the one before us sent men to the moon. Yours has given us more welfare.

Last edited:
You're the one with the diseased brain, Mr Progressive.

q583Qdv.gif

Perception:

"I gave my kid a car, it's in great shape and he should be glad."

Reality:

"I off-loaded a car that is upside down in debt/value. I beat the absolutely dogsh1t out of it with the way I recklessly drove which ensured it is a constant mechanical problem. There are dents all over and several scratches in the paint that have exposed the metal skin that has rusted over. I offloaded a liability and made my kid think he got something of great value."

Well that makes that decision easy next year...

If it weren't for us baby boomers you young punks would not have all the opportunities you have in life to be successful. Your daddy's need to take their belt off and bust your azz. Spoiled little brats. The vast majority of baby boomers worked, we did not think the world owed us a living like many of our younger people.

Thanks to baby boomers, most dad's are not in the home now to do that azz bustin'...

Millennials did not elect Obama. That's on the boomers. As has every election for a long time. It will start shifting in the near future. Not that it will matter. The Boomer already ran up a tab big enough to bankrupt us for the next several generations.

Barrack? That you??

Our generation and the one before us sent men to the moon. Yours has given us more welfare.

Not that I'm against putting a man on the moon.. but... The entire program cost $25.4 billion in 1973 dollars or roughly $170 billion in 2005 dollars. So, thanks? I guess?

I'm going to go buy myself a nice old school Mustang. My papaw had 66 when he got out of the army. Going to find one similar and build it myself. All original everything. When I'm done I'll look over at my son and tell him "look what I did buddy". Then give him the bill for it.

Again the point being, your generation isn't the damn reason we are a country. Did you have a role in it? Absolutley. But stop acting like we're going to just vanish when your generation retires.

Reactions: 1 person
Not that I'm against putting a man on the moon.. but... The entire program cost $25.4 billion in 1973 dollars or roughly $170 billion in 2005 dollars. So, thanks? I guess?

I'm going to go buy myself a nice old school Mustang. My papaw had 66 when he got out of the army. Going to find one similar and build it myself. All original everything. When I'm done I'll look over at my son and tell him "look what I did buddy". Then give him the bill for it.

Again the point being, your generation isn't the damn reason we are a country. Did you have a role in it? Absolutley. But stop acting like we're going to just vanish when your generation retires.

They had a tough road compared to the fenerations that followed to the present. Besides they have all the money

How so? I've put 3 kids through VoTech and I'm a boomer (albeit a very young boomer).

No where near the number of vocational high schools or classes offered as there were 30 years ago and kids nowadays are steered away from vocational schools after high school and instead are steered to colleges/universities.

No where near the number of vocational high schools or classes offered as there were 30 years ago and kids nowadays are steered away from vocational schools after high school and instead are steered to colleges/universities.

I think you'll see a point where vocational school will make a strong comeback. Trade skills are very underrated.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back