What is wrong with Kentucky Basketball?

Cal and Ky haven’t been the same since John Robic stepped away from coaching. Cal has never been a great bench coach and Robic was his right hand man, going all the way back to UMASS.
I remember The Athletic talking about that earlier this year, and the article intimated that Robic was kind of pushed into that admin role. Why in the world would they do that?

Regarding the Final Fours, two of them were stripped for recruiting violations, the one at UMASS and the one at Memphis. Kentucky is a sacred cow or they would have probably gone after him there too. There’s a fellow named Worldwide Wes who should also be credited with that winning percentage. Especially at Memphis.
Forgot about WWW. Didn’t he serve some jail time for some shady stuff. Again, that was around 10 years ago or more and my memory of all that is cloudy

Reactions: Sin City Vol
9 years without a final four
1 NCAA win in the past five years
2 wins in the past five SEC tourneys
No #1 seed in the tourney since ‘15
The last 5 tourneys they’ve been eliminated by 9,5,15, 4, and 14 seeds

All the while bringing in top ranked recruiting class after top ranked recruiting class. That’s top class coaching if I’ve ever seen it.

Last edited:
It is hard to overstate how bad Cal has been post-Covid.

- Went 9-16 in 2021, missed the NCAAT
- Hasn't won an SEC regular season or Tournament title
- Is 1-4 in the SECT
- Is 1-3 in the NCAAT, including losses in the first round to a 15 seed and a 13 seed

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

- Is 1-4 in the SECT
- Is 1-3 in the NCAAT, including losses in the first round to a 15 seed and a 13 seed
1-4. Don’t be leaving off the good stuff

Reactions: Pennheel

- Is 1-4 in the SECT
And here are his recruiting classes in that four-year span: 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 1st.

Reactions: 05_never_again

VN Store

Back