What is Something You Wanted to See but Did Not?

Wasn't Clausen the first Vol QB to lose to Georgia in about ten years? I also think he was the QB when the eight year win streak over Bama was snapped.
Little misleading thing against Uga . Casey did not play in 2000. In 2001 coaches lost game last 30 secs . Remember we kicked a Squibb kick at mid field and we played 3rd and chavis with our awesome mustang package lol. James Banks played in 2002 because Casey was hurt. In 2003 Casey did get us beat with fumble on 1 yard line that uga returned 99 yards for TD that still makes me sick. Casey lost to Bama once and what is record of other players ? Let's see Peyton lost to Bama once too. I guess that sucky Clausen is 3-1 like Peyton . Don't get me wrong he was never a Peyton but should have gotten more respect.

Little misleading thing against Uga . Casey did not play in 2000. In 2001 coaches lost game last 30 secs . Remember we kicked a Squibb kick at mid field and we played 3rd and chavis with our awesome mustang package lol. James Banks played in 2002 because Casey was hurt. In 2003 Casey did get us beat with fumble on 1 yard line that uga returned 99 yards for TD that still makes me sick. Casey lost to Bama once and what is record of other players ? Let's see Peyton lost to Bama once too. I guess that sucky Clausen is 3-1 like Peyton . Don't get me wrong he was never a Peyton but should have gotten more respect.

No doubt he was a very good QB, I just couldn't stand to listen to his interviews. Don't want to turn this into a Casey thread, but he got plenty of accolades while he was here. His more motivated but less talented brother followed up by the "place all you eggs in a Jimmy Clausen basket by CPF" I think has a lot to do with him not getting the respect he probably deserved.

CPF deciding that he had taken enough money from UT and just telling us to keep the rest of his buyout.

LeBron James deciding that he has enough money to take a four year break from basketball to set an example and pursue a college degree while playing QB for the University of Tennessee. Cam Newton = child's play at that point.

Reactions: 1 person
[[/QUOTE]

He was great in that 5ot at Tuscslooser.[/QUOTE]

4th and19!!!!!

Was at a big bama fan's house watching this game. Talk about fun!!!

Of course I was back at his house 2 yrs later for the 6-3 UT-fumblerama loss

I have a couple. Jamarcus Russells's fumble called as well as the UK fumble called last year. Both turned into game winning drives against the Vols.

Agree so much with this one.

Seems like there was not much hoopla made over that Russell fumble that would have won us the game. Man that mess irks me.

He was great in that 5ot at Tuscslooser.[/QUOTE]

4th and19!!!!!

Was at a big bama fan's house watching this game. Talk about fun!!!

Of course I was back at his house 2 yrs later for the 6-3 UT-fumblerama loss[/QUOTE]

:lolabove:

I was in bryant denny for both....luckily in the Tennessee section. 6 to freakin 3!!!! I cant even think about that one without cussing.

M%th$# F*&k&&^ Somebi&^^%ing stupid sack of $%$ Randy Sanders!

I'd like to see Vols fans here and elsewhere cease to badmouth the team and coaches, thus giving fodder to opposing recruiters. Though not the first time, such negativism cost us two coveted players, Santos and Peters (?). Such attitudes will cost us more recruits because there is no better recruiting tool than fans who consistently cast their own team in a bad light. I'd like to see this end. Doesn't mean we can't criticize when such is due but it's the viciousness and persistence that stands out. Even after the horse is long dead, decayed, and consumed by macro and micro fauna scavengers.

I'd like to see Vols fans here and elsewhere cease to badmouth the team and coaches, thus giving fodder to opposing recruiters. Though not the first time, such negativism cost us two coveted players, Santos and Peters (?). Such attitudes will cost us more recruits because there is no better recruiting tool than fans who consistently cast their own team in a bad light. I'd like to see this end. Doesn't mean we can't criticize when such is due but it's the viciousness and persistence that stands out. Even after the horse is long dead, decayed, and consumed by macro and micro fauna scavengers.

For the most part I agree.

Exception...what Randy Sanders did to our 2005 offense. We were preseason top 5. We had a defense that was arguably as good as our 98 squad.

For the most part I agree.

Exception...what Randy Sanders did to our 2005 offense. We were preseason top 5. We had a defense that was arguably as good as our 98 squad.

Not the place to post this but if you think for a second Randy Sanders was ever running the offense you are out of your ever loving mind.

Not the place to post this but if you think for a second Randy Sanders was ever running the offense you are out of your ever loving mind.

Out of my mind? My wife would probably agree with ya. :)

As far as who was running our O in 05...well IMO nobody was....but you're right. Wrong thread.

Out of my mind? My wife would probably agree with ya. :)

As far as who was running our O in 05...well IMO nobody was....but you're right. Wrong thread.

It takes talent to be right and wrong at the same time...:good!:

Ok Volfanecs, this one is for you...

I WOULD wish that if CDD doesn't make it, CPF would come back on the basis that "I coach free for 2 years and after that you can ax me" and be the coach that he was from 92 - 98 for the rest of his career. Hard nosed, disciplined, WE ARE THE UT football. Not the wishy washy stuff of the 2000's.

Done telling it, don't have to justify it......:lolabove:

No...you dont.

Hey...Have you been to Tuscaloosa lately? I use to go to the UT/Bama game every year. When we went down there we always went to Pepitos on university blvd. Pretty cool little mexican place. Do you know if it's still there?

No...you dont.

Hey...Have you been to Tuscaloosa lately? I use to go to the UT/Bama game every year. When we went down there we always went to Pepitos on university blvd. Pretty cool little mexican place. Do you know if it's still there?

I actually grew up in N. Al, 15 miles from God's Country in Athens. I have only been to Tuscaloosa once. My family were pretty much stay at home folks so we didn't go a bunch of places when I was a kid. So, I wouldn't know if it was still there or not.

Pepito's Grill - Tuscaloosa | Urbanspoon

Looks like it was there last January, can't say now.

Still there.....
Pepito's - Tuscaloosa, AL 35406 - University of Alabama | Order Food Online - Campus Special

I actually grew up in N. Al, 15 miles from God's Country in Athens. I have only been to Tuscaloosa once. My family were pretty much stay at home folks so we didn't go a bunch of places when I was a kid. So, I wouldn't know if it was still there or not.

Pepito's Grill - Tuscaloosa | Urbanspoon

Looks like it was there last January, can't say now.

Still there.....
Pepito's - Tuscaloosa, AL 35406 - University of Alabama | Order Food Online - Campus Special

Thanks.

If you ever catch a game there Pepito's is pert near right accros from the stadium. Food use to be pretty good. They had killer margaritas.

Heath Shuler's name and record stricken from the history books. He left UT with a chance to play for the NC the following year and a probable Heisman. When he went, there was still supposed to be a "hardship" case to be able to leave in 3 years. There was never a hardship with his family. He was one of the first to just go for the $$$$. As far as I am concerned, he is scum and should never be recognized as a Vol. Definitely not a VFL ever!

Edit: Caught by the spell check Nazi.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back