What irritates you the most at restaurants?

The service goes usually when you go to a Flemings or Ruth Chris ...restaurants like these is when the service greatly improves in most cases

The lunch house is hardly those and I get great service there. IVe had terrible service at all levels but for the most part I feel It’s been good around ktown.

So, you all get irritated about a few scenarios in which you could easily help your server a lot by communicating with them like a human being and remember that you willingly chose to walk in & probably even wait an hour or so.
Dont complain about things you did to yourself.

Every restaurant is different. Every server is the same. Human.

You are paying for service. It’s not out of line to expect it. I shouldn’t have to tell my server to not bring out the entrees 3 minutes after the appetizer. Or stop by a couple times to check drinks. And you’re right, people have chosen to come there and wait. So if the service sucks, they can easily choose to not come back.

Reactions: 1 person
I dont enjoy eating out as much as I used to due to realizing I can cook the meal at home for a lot less money and make it better.

I have several go to restaurants that I know I'll get good food each time, so I frequent them when I go out.

You are paying for service. It’s not out of line to expect it. I shouldn’t have to tell my server to not bring out the entrees 3 minutes after the appetizer. Or stop by a couple times to check drinks. And you’re right, people have chosen to come there and wait. So if the service sucks, they can easily choose to not come back.

Spot on!!! The problem is it’s harder and harder to fine good reserves that the place it’sef is not a zoo

Poor quality service at any establishment is a direct result of management. Send them your complaint for not training their staff well enough and also allowing it to happen.

No one screws up on purpose. They're set up to fail at the fault from above.

Poor quality service at any establishment is a direct result of management. Send them your complaint for not training their staff well enough and also allowing it to happen.

No one screws up on purpose. They're set up to fail at the fault from above.

Or perhaps the staff is more concerned with the after party

Let’s say you’re gonna drop $100-$200 a nice meal.. What are the things that can ruin your experience? He are a few that ruin my experience....

1. Being rushed for example bringing out your entrée if you’re still eating your salad.
2. A family sitting nearby who does nothing to encourage their small kids to behave or sit down.
3. Dropping off the check while you are still eating but always say “there is no hurry”

1. I eat fast. I’d prefer not to have to wait on my entree.
2. Doesn’t bother me.
3. I hate waiting on a check. I have things to do. Just lay it down and if I want to order more things I still will.

Reactions: 2 people
Let’s say you’re gonna drop $100-$200 a nice meal.. What are the things that can ruin your experience? He are a few that ruin my experience....

1. Being rushed for example bringing out your entrée if you’re still eating your salad.
2. A family sitting nearby who does nothing to encourage their small kids to behave or sit down.
3. Dropping off the check while you are still eating but always say “there is no hurry”

Incompetence bothers me but it isn't exclusive to nice restaurants.

I wanna discuss your #1 and #3.
The timing of salad/entree has nothing to do with rushing you. It has everything to do with the kitchen getting the orders out. Would you rather have your $60 entree sitting under a heat lamp? Because that's exactly what will happen if your salad is late coming and your entree is early.
Dropping checks early has nothing to do with turning tables. It has everything to do with guests complaining like their mother has been insulted because they have to be somewhere. There are many, more effective ways to push you out the door.

Reactions: 3 people

The timing of salad/entree has nothing to do with rushing you. It has everything to do with the kitchen getting the orders out. Would you rather have your $60 entree sitting under a heat lamp? Because that's exactly what will happen if your salad is late coming and your entree is early.
Dropping checks early has nothing to do with turning tables. It has everything to do with guests complaining like their mother has been insulted because they have to be somewhere. There are many, more effective ways to push you out the door.

Agreed. And everyone eats at a different speed, so they’re not going to be able to perfectly time your salad and entree.

Agreed. And everyone eats at a different speed, so they’re not going to be able to perfectly time your salad and entree.

Idk about everyone else but if my $60 steak arrives and I'm only halfway through my side salad, take the rabbit food away. I'm here for the steak.

Reactions: 3 people
The only thing that truly agitates me is slow service. An hour at the table is all I can handle. As others have mentioned, people are different and servers can’t read our minds.

A simple solution would be don’t put start cooking My entrée until my salad or soup or whatever has been put on the table

Idk about everyone else but if my $60 steak arrives and I'm only halfway through my side salad, take the rabbit food away. I'm here for the steak.

I shouldn’t have to be that way you should enjoy your entire experience you’re paying for it

I almost never sit at tables anymore because servers tend to bother me with robotic formalities, but not as much as the customers around the table.

What ever happened to parents taking their kids outside when they start screaming and crying?

I almost never sit at tables anymore because servers tend to bother me with robotic formalities, but not as much as the customers around the table.

What ever happened to parents taking their kids outside when they start screaming and crying?

We've been sitting at restaurant bars much more frequently of late—especially when traveling.

We've been sitting at restaurant bars much more frequently of late—especially when traveling.

You always get quicker, more candid service at the stick. Your bartender is always right there and they typically get to where they're at being the best in that restaurant.

You always get quicker, more candid service at the stick. Your bartender is always right there and they typically get to where they're at being the best in that restaurant.

And as long as you're not looking for privacy there is typically good conversation at the bar. Plus I love watching bartenders build craft cocktails.

The moms are too busy on their phones to care

And as long as you're not looking for privacy there is typically good conversation at the bar. Plus I love watching bartenders build craft cocktails.

I enjoy sitting at the bar when the opportunity is there.

I rarely get bad service or have any complaints at anything I would consider a mid range establishment and up.

I enjoy sitting at the bar when the opportunity is there.

I rarely get bad service or have any complaints at anything I would consider a mid range establishment and up.

Same here. I'm not sure I've ever had a negative experience dining at a mid range + bar.

The biggest no no for me is getting the order wrong and/or arriving to the table cold.

My expectations depend on the restaurant and when I go. We rarely go to "fancy" restaurants, but I definitely expect better service and less distractions there than say if we go to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a game. Poor service is inexcusable, but if it's slammed I'll cut the server some slack on wait time. If we're flat out forgotten about, then I have a problem.

VN Store

Back