What does it take for us to beat FL this time around?

Besides the obvious of getting more points than FL, what do we need to see to know it is going our way? Do we really have the people to not only give FL a great game, but come out a winner?

What part of our game has to be superb to defeat the Gators? Special teams? Quarterback play? Defensive schemes?

Granted, we are not playing Bama where a near-perfect to perfect effort HAS to happen.
AR contained running the ball... and him not suddenly finding his mojo passing the ball.

Flip that and UT's OL has to keep Hooker clean. It would be nice to run the ball early but keeping Hooker upright is more important IMO.

ST's... DON'T MAKE STUPID PLAYS. No blocked punts. No blown lanes in coverage. No fumbles. Just be "solid".

AR contained running the ball... and him not suddenly finding his mojo passing the ball.

Flip that and UT's OL has to keep Hooker clean. It would be nice to run the ball early but keeping Hooker upright is more important IMO.

ST's... DON'T MAKE STUPID PLAYS. No blocked punts. No blown lanes in coverage. No fumbles. Just be "solid".

Blocking on punts has been a mess they shouldn’t be surprised if they come after it early and often

Reactions: sjt18
Besides the obvious of getting more points than FL, what do we need to see to know it is going our way? Do we really have the people to not only give FL a great game, but come out a winner?

What part of our game has to be superb to defeat the Gators? Special teams? Quarterback play? Defensive schemes?

Granted, we are not playing Bama where a near-perfect to perfect effort HAS to happen.

If UT shows any running game at all they will boat race UF, if not it will be a tight game. If their linebackers are forced to play up by 1 or 2 steps they will be picked apart by Hooker and Richardson is not a come from behind type QB.

If UT shows any running game at all they will boat race UF, if not it will be a tight game. If their linebackers are forced to play up by 1 or 2 steps they will be picked apart by Hooker and Richardson is not a come from behind type QB.
I agree but the pass will have to set up the run. I suspect UF will at least try to go man vs UT so they can load up against the run and rush HH.

Score quick and early, stack the box and take away their run. Force Richardson to try to make big plays. Like others have said, if we can get up by 14 or so early and the crowd is in it, they are in trouble.

If we keep AR in the pocket, we'll win. He hasn't shown the ability to throw the ball with any amount of consistency, particularly if he isn't running around and making plays with his legs. They do have a good rushing attack, but that's also the strength of our defense. Certainly won't nullify it, but should help limit it.

AR is going to be going into the first hostile environment in his career truly (he did play at LSU, but they were in the midst of firing their coach). I feel like how ability to change protections, or make any sort of an audible just will not happen in this game. From what I've read from Florida fans, his ability to read a defense is not great as is, so add in 100k fans screaming in your ear into that equation and see how it holds up.

Over the last two weeks, Richardson is 24-53 for 255 yards and 0 TDs and 4 INTs. He still hasn't thrown a TD pass. We just have to do what we need to do on offense. Have to use Hooker's legs to make plays, and he needs to be a little more accurate early in the game.

Score more points, play good on both sides of the ball and do not commit a lot of turnovers and penalties. GBO!!!!

The long, outside passes scare the hell out of me. I think Gata gonna get at least one pick six.

Love HH, but he does seem to target a receiver. I'm not sure if the FU secondary is all that talented, but I'm sure they are faster than anything we've seen so far. Not trying to be negative, but that's what worries me.
Did you ever consider they throw that ball to bait ? Put it on tape get them to bite.... throw the ball deep to Jalin

Hendon Hooker needs to have a complete game where his legs pose a threat to run. We cannot be one dimensional and throw the ball 50 times. Florida's perceived weakness is against the run but that is also our weakness. Whether most on this board want to admit it or not, it is not a good matchup for us. That doesn't mean we can't win but we won't win if our defense can't get off the field and we don't have sustained offensive drives not quick 1 minute drives with little to no movement. If it's a high scoring game, that favors UT but if it's an ugly 20-17 type game then UT will lose.

Reactions: HoopCreekVol
Same thing it takes to win most any SEC football game. No turnovers, few penalties and don't play behind the chains.

Just play the game. We have better players and better coaching. We haven’t had that for 15 years.

Protect the ball on offense and special teams.
Bend don’t break on defense (don’t let anyone run past you).
Do that, we win by 10+

UT players just need to take care of their individual assignments. They will win and lose some “one on ones” but our scheme will win out in the end.

Also just cleanup play in general- drops,fumbles overthrows etc… if UT cleans things up we win big.

I’m gonna guess the “one thing” to watch will be our online/run game. Florida will probably commit to covering our receivers and force us to beat them on the ground.

We need to work on our punting protection.
The Gators specialize in blocking punts and
we have looked vulnerable.

Reactions: Jdw2920

VN Store

Back