What does it take for us to beat FL this time around?

Don’t suck on 3rd and long. When you have them in 3rd and down get the defense off the field. Run the ball on offense and actually catch the passes that hit you in the hands. No stupid throws or lazy throws

Honestly Tennessee just needs to play well. They’re the better team so a good showing is all that’s really required. Defensively they need to limit Richardson making plays with his feet and offensively protect Hooker.

this...we are the much better team. This is not the only time in the last 17 years I have thought that, but the extent to which it is true is the highest (for me at least) since at least 2006, and more likely 1991 (coming off a 45-3 beat down in 1990!).

To do a quick recap, they were definitely better than us from 2007-2010. After that on a year by year basis, we IMO had the edge on them roughly 1/3 of the time, but it was never a large advantage.

This is the biggest edge we have had on them going into the game since (likely) the early 90s, and even that 1991 game was not at home.

Vols just need to take care of business, but Heupel typically does, unlike the trash coaches we had the last 10+ years.

Keep Richardson in the pocket maintain gap integrity on Defense and win the Turnover battle

Flash to a 21 point lead and the Gators will crumble and give up.

Keep Richardson in the pocket, make him beat us with his arm. He can’t do it

Contain richardsons running ability.

Limit turnovers and untimely penalties. Just don’t beat ourselves essentially.

Besides the obvious of getting more points than FL, what do we need to see to know it is going our way? Do we really have the people to not only give FL a great game, but come out a winner?

What part of our game has to be superb to defeat the Gators? Special teams? Quarterback play? Defensive schemes?

Granted, we are not playing Bama where a near-perfect to perfect effort HAS to happen.

Ignore the hype and beat the man in front of you every time.

Have Flowers dial up his inner 1990 Dale Carter and take the opening KO to the house!! Tennessee wins by 42.

The third quarter of that game, which began with Carter's kickoff return for a touchdown and ultimately produced 28 unanswered points, was probably the best 15-minute performance that I have seen from a Tennessee football team in 55 years of Big Orange fandom.

I
The third quarter of that game, which began with Carter's kickoff return for a touchdown and ultimately produced 28 unanswered points, was probably the best 15-minute performance that I have seen from a Tennessee football team in 55 years of Big Orange fandom.
I agree!!

Florida will try to hold and grab our recievers early and often. Their corners hold a lot. Heupel needs to be in the official’s ear early on this. Our bigger recievers need to play strong.

VN Store

Back