What do you hear? (Laurel vs Yanny)

Now me and my wife are arguing. She hears Tanny, I still hear Laurel

Reactions: 1 person
I hear yanny and even when some turd on TV changed the frequency to where I was supposed to hear laurel I still heard yanny.
Bottom line is if anyone hears laurel, they're a freak of nature because I'm always right.

So thanks to this thread I finally know what the hell everyone has been talking about online for the past two days.

I hear Yanny or something like that not real sure what the big deal is?

I've listened to different posted recordings from different friends Facebook pages. I've tried from different distances, at different volumes, even going to a different room.

Laurel. Laurel. Laurel. Laurel......

Reactions: 1 person
Is this a joke? It's obviously a hard L at the beginning which is Laurel. You couldn't mistake that for a hard Y.

My wife finally heard Laurel and when she did I heard Yanny. It was like it switched. Whatever she heard I was hearing the opposite... say whaaaat???

I've heard both. When I listened to it on my IPad, I heard Yanny. When I listened to it on my BlackBerry, I heard Laurel. I think the device and the link are the key. When I heard Laurel for the first time (I had already heard Yanny), I could start to make out traces of Yanny. Especially at the end. It's like my brain wanted to hear both but it couldn't do it. It's fascinating really.

I've heard both. When I listened to it on my IPad, I heard Yanny. When I listened to it on my BlackBerry, I heard 2005. I think the device and the link are the key. When I heard Laurel for the first time (I had already heard Yanny), I could start to make out traces of Yanny. Especially at the end. It's like my brain wanted to hear both but it couldn't do it. It's fascinating really.

fyp

My wife finally heard Laurel and when she did I heard Yanny. It was like it switched. Whatever she heard I was hearing the opposite... say whaaaat???

I listened to it three times by myself yesterday: 1st time = Yanny. 2nd and 3rd time = Laurel

Listens together with the wife last night and both heard Yanny.

Listened together this morning and she heard Yanny and I heard Laurel.

Lol

This is the key. Different frequencies and your brain filling in gaps... I was blown away by the 3 second clips at the bottom from the college professor. 1st time you listen to the top clip, to me it was impossible to hear anything but static...not a single word. After listening to the cleaned up version at the bottom, I heard every word in the 1st clip as clearly as if i had said it myself...the human brain is strange indeed.

VN Store

Back