We've run 6 plays ALL YEAR

You're confusing where the ball goes with the play call. QB draw for example is often packaged with something else. So QB draw is not 1 play by itself but is an option based on the defense of a second play.

Slant is similar. In the run n shoot offense a slant can be a sight adjustment by the WR off any of the 5 base passing plays. So counting slant and post as separate plays just simply isn't how any of this works.

I've seen our tackles pull, but I've never seen them actually trap. Rather I've seen them lead through the hole, which is sometimes an adjustment made to certain fronts when running zone. For example when running inside zone against an odd front, some teams will automatically check to a double fold scheme that involves both tackles pulling inside on the same play.
I’m not confused. We have run more than 6 plays.

I di

I’m not confused. We have run more than 6 plays.

It’s very possible what you’re seeing as different plays (slant, post, and QB draw for example) could’ve all been the exact same play call.

You’re confusing where the ball goes with the actual play itself. For example you counted WR screens and zone runs as two separate plays. That’s one play with multiple options.

I saw the number on a YouTube show (name escapes me right now) the analyst was a former coach. But the idea of us running 6 plays does pass the eye test.

zone runs and bubbles

Maybe that's why he is a former coach. He kept sending five players out thinking that totaled 11.

That’s very Mike Leach of us if this is true. I know that we run something similar to Art Briles offense. The passing plays we scheme have a lot of option routes for the receivers much the same way Leach’s offense does, but Heupel users the vertical passing game much more than the Leach variation of the Air Raid.

Sat next to a Michigan fan at the bar at lunch. Was actually apologizing to me for Joe Milton and how bad he's going to let us down. Said, "I hope you have a great back-up. Milton won't finish the season. One bad pass and he can't handle it. He never bounces back." I so hope he's wrong and Milton has improved.

Sat next to a Michigan fan at the bar at lunch. Was actually apologizing to me for Joe Milton and how bad he's going to let us down. Said, "I hope you have a great back-up. Milton won't finish the season. One bad pass and he can't handle it. He never bounces back." I so hope he's wrong and Milton has improved.
I refuse to listen to any MeatChicken fan.
Milton has improved and will continue to improve imo. He is receiving better coaching here than at MeatChicken…………

I'm hearing they run one play all year with multiple options in the one play.
The plan is to score a TD on one play.
😁

Again, that is beyond vanilla and into the be safe mode. My point is this. Anyone that thinks the new official game plan includes running up the middle on every rush, isn't really thinking things out. This is year three, how many times did we run the same game flow sequences the same way on any consecutive drive?
We always run up the middle. Our hope is one move on Mike LB.

does it matter, why would you show your hand before SEC play, cmon people.....its OK.....and if you can do better you coach

I don't think vanilla means what you think it means.
Dropped passes, passes behind the WR, a shakey punter.
If that was a plan to throw off sec teams ole Josh is a mad genius.

1. Run right
2. Run up the middle
3. Run left
4. Milton incomplete to the left
5. Milton incomplete across the center
6. Milton incomplete to the right

At least it seems that way.
You high wipers are hilarious!!

VN Store

Back