Westboro Baptist Founder Is 'On The Edge Of Death,' Son Says by Bill Cha

That isn't giving her a tremendous amount of credit.

I'm heard her speak and she a lot of the time starts off pretty well but drifts off into craziness. It's kinda wild to have a Church that the members are everyone in one family.

I'm heard her speak and she a lot of the time starts off pretty well but drifts off into craziness. It's kinda wild to have a Church that the members are everyone in one family.

There are some small churches scattered around East Tennessee that has < 50 attending with most consisting of 3-5 families. I know of a few churches that have < 15 attending.

Reactions: 1 person
We can only hope his hatred that he has taught people will slowly die with him. We also need to hope this man finds Jesus- the Jesus of the Gospel and not the hatred he taught others.

Dude is a dingus, but aren't any sentiments of reveling in his death just about the same as Westboro doing its usual stupid stuff?

I'm with you here - tough call since he's caused so much pain for others.

I'll just put it this way, his passing will stop more of that pain from being inflicted and I can get behind that.

Hey look! There's room on the couch

3977549_std.jpg

I think Phelps was ridiculous but his beliefs are not as far out of the mainstream as many want to suggest. He simply spelled it out instead of hiding behind phrases like "moral decay of America"

Pj.

Women are not to teach men.

They are allowed to teach younger women and children.

That is my understanding of what the Bible teaches.

well yeah that's much better. Equality for all (unless you're an uppity woman who thinks she could ever teach a man something)

Reactions: 4 people
I think Phelps was ridiculous but his beliefs are not as far out of the mainstream as many want to suggest. He simply spelled it out instead of hiding behind phrases like "moral decay of America"

So you admired his honesty? (Message aside)

So you admired his honesty? (Message aside)
in an odd way I guess so (message aside). While I understand the need to sometimes hide behind ambiguous statements you knew exactly what he thought and believed. I think it can be helpful to know that so we can evaluate and quickly dismiss those kind of beliefs. Too much work to try and decode messages all the time

in an odd way I guess so (message aside). While I understand the need to sometimes hide behind ambiguous statements you knew exactly what he thought and believed. I think it can be helpful to know that so we can evaluate and quickly dismiss those kind of beliefs. Too much work to try and decode messages all the time

Fair enough. He certainly made it easy to dismiss.

I agree with this. Someone who is honest with their hatred is preferable to those who do their work in the shadows or hide behind dogma, imo.

This man should be pitied for a life wasted in hatred. I understand his actions led to pain for others, but letting hate into our own lives is destructive - even if there is valid cause.

hiding his hatred behind the veil of Christianity is not honest. Yes, the Bible claims most things he hates as sin, but the Bible is very clear to point out that God hates the sin, not the sinner. Phelps missed that part by a longshot.

hiding his hatred behind the veil of Christianity is not honest.

Good point. The funny thing (to me) is that I've never really considered this group as a part of Christianity. I realize they are part of a church, but I've never acknowledged the relationship. Technically, though, he is hiding behind his interpretation of doctrine to spew hatred.

hiding his hatred behind the veil of Christianity is not honest. Yes, the Bible claims most things he hates as sin, but the Bible is very clear to point out that God hates the sin, not the sinner. Phelps missed that part by a longshot.

Well said....very accurate post

Good point. The funny thing (to me) is that I've never really considered this group as a part of Christianity. I realize they are part of a church, but I've never acknowledged the relationship. Technically, though, he is hiding behind his interpretation of doctrine to spew hatred.

I never have either. Every building that has church included in its name is not a house of God.

good riddance to bad rubbish

although I daresay that had Phelps and company not earned their notoriety by protesting at the funerals of fallen shoulders, they would have found a lot of support from a certain segment of the population

The only time I've ever been able to listen to this family is when they're on Howard Stern. He's not blatantly rude to them but he's really condescending and continually pokes fun at them. I don't think they even realize that he thinks they're stupid.

First video is an interview with Shirley Phelps. Second video is someone from Howard's show heckling them at one of their pickets. And last two videos are part 1 and 2 of the Phelps family competing against a group of gay people on Howard's version of Family Feud.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/tVeo3RL10aM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/N5ReFrcERe8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/okXk6lEG9E8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gl8fWXZ9gZM[/youtube]

VN Store

Back