War in Ukraine

One other thing, why did the Poles scramble jets instead of using their Patriot systems to shoot it down? @norrislakevol and the Ukrainians claim that Patriots can easily shoot down Russian cruise missiles, and I'm sure that the Poles have Patriot systems on their border in fear of Russia attacking them.
Likely the Poles gave your orc buddies credit they weren’t the target so they didn’t escalate. Granted it’s kinda surprising anybody would give the orc invaders credit that they are not bring aggressed but it shows pretty clear discipline and restraint on Poland’s part. Now if only your orc buddies could learn some restraint

One other thing, why did the Poles scramble jets instead of using their Patriot systems to shoot it down? @norrislakevol and the Ukrainians claim that Patriots can easily shoot down Russian cruise missiles, and I'm sure that the Poles have Patriot systems on their border in fear of Russia attacking them.
Good questions, I'm not sure. It looks like it wasn't in their air space for very long.

The Russians have gotten some intel about the air defense capabilities of the Poles. 39 seconds is a lifetime in terms of air defense. Scrambling jets vs Patriot missiles? Which one would seem to be the most effective and fastest means to destroy incoming missiles?

Meanwhile, the Ukrainians are making the Russians aware of how their air defense system capabilities are looking right now.

Russian Cruise Missile Entered Polish Airspace During 'Massive' Missile Attack On Ukraine

The Zelensky government has meanwhile continued to desperately appeal for more anti-air defense systems and missiles from the West.

In this latest overnight missile and drone raid, Kyiv mayor Vitali Klitschko announced early Sunday that there are "explosions in the capital" while urging to populace, "do not leave shelters" - given that "air defense is not working."

The Russians have gotten some intel about the air defense capabilities of the Poles. 39 seconds is a lifetime in terms of air defense. Scrambling jets vs Patriot missiles? Which one would seem to be the most effective and fastest means to destroy incoming missiles?

Meanwhile, the Ukrainians are making the Russians aware of how their air defense system capabilities are looking right now.

Russian Cruise Missile Entered Polish Airspace During 'Massive' Missile Attack On Ukraine
Cruise missiles are relatively slow. They fly about 550 miles per hour so they can maneuver easily. A fighter could track the missile and take it out, but yes a Patriot could easily take it out if it isn't hugging the ground I'd imagine. The Patriots fly at about 3500 mph. I have no idea what the Poles are using though as their main air defense missiles though.

I remember a video of a U.S. cruise missile flying 50 feet or less off of the ground just above a street during Desert Storm. Iraqis were shooting at it with machine guns. It was an incredible video.

Cruise missiles are relatively slow. They fly about 550 miles per hour so they can maneuver easily. A fighter could track the missile and take it out, but yes a Patriot could easily take it out if it isn't hugging the ground I'd imagine. The Patriots fly at about 3500 mph. I have no idea what the Poles are using though as their main air defense missiles though.

I remember a video of a U.S. cruise missile flying 50 feet or less off of the ground just above a street during Desert Storm. Iraqis were shooting at it with machine guns. It was an incredible video.
It’s much more basic than that. The Poles chose not to engage the missile so they launched fighters. Fighters can be recalled air defense missiles cannot. Poland chose not to escalate until there was a more serious action.

Airspace penetrations are quite common and professional militaries understand how to deal with them.

There have been multiple French government officials ratcheting up their war talk the latest today being one of their military chiefs.

Hey this is a European issue and if they decide it warrants European action even unilaterally by a singular European power then have at it. But it remains European and isn’t our problem to send forces to support.

I’ve been pretty clear that I think we have obligations to supply lethal aid due to our freaking over reach in 1994. But no where are we obligated to spend US military lives on this.
1711313308738.png

Just curious, but does Russia has the right of self-defense in the same manner as Israel is doing after October 7th?
Against any attackers sure. But as much as you stooges want to pin this terrorist act on Ukraine there is zero proof that occurred.

Now flipping the shoe around look at all of the terrorism invading orcs have conducted against Ukraine citizens since the war started. You’re not going to make Russia a sympathetic victim here on trying to accuse Ukraine regardless of how much water you carry trying to do so.

Reactions: jp1

LOL Russia's army is overrated trash. 2 years and they can't beat itty bitty Ukraine yet even with Belarus' help.

Pathetic.

Like UK losing to Oakland type pathetic.

LOL Russia's army is overrated trash. 2 years and they can't beat itty bitty Ukraine yet even with Belarus' help.

Pathetic.

Like UK losing to Oakland type pathetic.
If the Ukraine keeps drone killing refineries the whole Russian supper military will come grinding to a halt

If the Ukraine keeps drone killing refineries the whole Russian supper military will come grinding to a halt

Yikes. That would be funny if Russia epically fell on its face. Then again, they usually stink it up outside of Russia. See Winter War with Finland or War against Japan in early 20th Century as examples.

The only way Russia wins major wars is to let nations into their lands and use the winter and superior numbers to wear their opponents down.

I'm sure the Russians are quaking in their boots...
Russia has had to drastically decrease their border guards with NATO nations to deal with Ukraine. acting like Russia could easily handle a nother front is laughable.

especially as it would likely end Russia's other western warm water port. And we all know how much Russia values those.

Yeah, when we launched harpoon missles from our ship for testing, jets would follow it to the target. It was pretty cool listening to them describe what the missle was doing.

Reactions: norrislakevol
GJf8Xb-WIAAQnKl

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back