WANTED: Neyland Stadium Turf Plaque - 1993

My father in law has a field piece... I think the plaque says its from the 30 yard line. I can't remember for sure though. I can remember when they were selling the stuff and asking my mom to buy me a piece and her saying no. Sad day that was

Gallatin High School bought the turf and has it in their indoor practice facility.

Gallatin High School bought the turf and has it in their indoor practice facility.

I pretty sure they bought the old turf from the indoor facility that was replaced in 2003 or 2010, not what was pulled from Neyland in 1993.

UT was able to sell more than half of the 1993 turf on plaques. A couple of larger strips were sold to a driving range in south Knoxville.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

There are different kinds. Here's mine. 18x32".

Attachments

• 20141020_230539.jpg
    20141020_230539.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20141020_230530.jpg
    20141020_230530.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 25
My late uncle has an autographed one, by Fulmer and someone else , always loved seeing it and gently rubbing it at his cabin on the river, not sure what his daughter has done with it, no go area for me to ask about it , always wanted one but no funds today.

My late uncle has an autographed one, by Fulmer and someone else , always loved seeing it and gently rubbing it at his cabin on the river, not sure what his daughter has done with it, no go area for me to ask about it , always wanted one but no funds today.
I've bought a couple at garage sales in Nashville. Probably paid a dollar or two for the green turf version with a hash mark and maybe 10 dollars for the painted endzone corners version. That's what happens when people wind up with this kind of stuff if it's not important to them.

I know where you can get some of the original grass from neyland before they put in the turf back

I've bought a couple at garage sales in Nashville. Probably paid a dollar or two for the green turf version with a hash mark and maybe 10 dollars for the painted endzone corners version. That's what happens when people wind up with this kind of stuff if it's not important to them.

Hook me up. Or anyone else that has one to spare.

yankeevol21@gmail.com

Last edited:

Ill buy a checkerboard from ou for $100

Reactions: Rockyjr
I ask this same question a while back but not many hits. I also posted a wanted add to Craigslist and had someone mess me with one for sale. I ask the price and never received reply or anything. Here is my email i i wanna have dibs on one if possible. brandonbrown1780@gmail.com

garage sale idiots should check this out --- neyland stadium turf | eBay

VN Store

Back