Want to buy a gaming system

That’s a shame. I’m certain they current ones are good, but there was nothing more fun than playing the original modern warfare back 10 years ago. That and battlefield 2 stand out as my favorite memories playing an FPS.

Congrats on the new system and enjoy.

Thanks! I took a hiatus from gaming for the last 15 years. Ready to get back into it

That’s a shame. I’m certain they current ones are good, but there was nothing more fun than playing the original modern warfare back 10 years ago. That and battlefield 2 stand out as my favorite memories playing an FPS.

Congrats on the new system and enjoy.

SOCOM US Navy Seals, ftw

Reactions: 1 person
I'm considering getting a gaming system. I haven't had a system since the PS2. I'm mostly into sports and racing games. Not having college sports anymore is a problem point, but I think a system might be worth it for Madden, FIFA, possibly NBA whatever and MLB games, plus whatever racing, car themed games y'all might recommend. But I still need a choice for a system. I don't have an UHD TV and probably won't until my next duty station move (2 years away minimum).

Oh, most importantly, a really good golf game!

There is rumor that EA may return to the market with a 2018 PGA tour game. I loved playing Tiger Woods for many years...sucks they stopped the franchise a few years back. I think the Rory McIlroy 2015 edition was the last.

There is rumor that EA may return to the market with a 2018 PGA tour game. I loved playing Tiger Woods for many years...sucks they stopped the franchise a few years back. I think the Rory McIlroy 2015 edition was the last.

I read the Rory version wasn’t good. Is Golf Club 2 any good? It got way better reviews

I'm considering getting a gaming system. I haven't had a system since the PS2. I'm mostly into sports and racing games. Not having college sports anymore is a problem point, but I think a system might be worth it for Madden, FIFA, possibly NBA whatever and MLB games, plus whatever racing, car themed games y'all might recommend. But I still need a choice for a system. I don't have an UHD TV and probably won't until my next duty station move (2 years away minimum).

I like Forza 7. It’s actually the worst game in the series, but it’s still fun. Forza horizon 3 is a lot of fun as well. If you want to get a wheel, Project CARS 1 and 2 are good fun. F1-2017 is fun.

I’m not certain how good the new gran turismo is, but I’ve heard nice things.

It wasn’t, but they patched it. I enjoy it.

Probably helps I got it for like $15 as well.

would be worth it for $15. Mostly I just want the system to use as a regular blu ray player and play a couple of games. My Samsung tv has a decent smart tv interface, but if PS4 or Xbox are better, I wouldn't be against using the console for streaming services.

Basically: I'm in need a new of a new blu ray player as I donated my old one to my previous roommates. I'm a country boy stuck in DC for the next three years, so outside of running and cycling, I need something to kill time. I figure I might try gaming out. What system should I get for the simple use I want? I can't fathom ever being good enough to attempt gaming online wth friends or whatever. I'm the only Army Signaleer who doesn't game. I'd get embarrassed.

I think for what you’re trying to do both systems will get the job done. I would go with whatever controller you like most.

I think for what you’re trying to do both systems will get the job done. I would go with whatever controller you like most.

Thanks. I’m leaning ps4, but nothing concrete. I have two months to decide unless I buy it now and hook it up at the hotel I’m in til the end of February

I like Forza 7. It’s actually the worst game in the series, but it’s still fun. Forza horizon 3 is a lot of fun as well. If you want to get a wheel, Project CARS 1 and 2 are good fun. F1-2017 is fun.

This is good info

Forza 6 is awesome. We have Horizon 3, but I haven't really had time to get into the beach rally thing. Lots of fluff...I just want to drive fast.

Plus, you can water a lot of time on the regular Forza games customizing your cars to Tennessee color schemes.

I know if you're a gold member on Xbox there are a lot of great game deals. They release three free games a month that are usually a little older but still great games. I'm not sure if PS4 has something comparable. (They may have, I just don't know)

Xbox arrived today. Got it all set up and played a few games. Gonna take me some time getting used to it but the graphics are amazing

It’s not.

I’ve had both and stuck with the Xbox (after being a Sony “fanboy”)

It comes down to prefeance really, but the 4K movie thing is what swung it for me. I actually had more friends with PS4, but I find myself playing mostly alone or with the kiddo anyway so that wasn’t a huge factor.

Right. It depends on what you’re looking for. I prefer the PS4 simply because I’m mostly a single player gamer and it has amazing exclusives. Seems like a lot of online gamers gravitate towards the Xbox.

One thing for those of you who may be going XBox because it plays 4K.

Stand alone 4K UHD players are becoming more reasonably priced.

Several weeks over Black Friday. Best Buy had one of the top units you could can buy in a Sony for $150. Target, Walmart along with Best Buy also had some for around $100.00.

So I would keep that in mind if you like the PS4 better but want a 4K player.

One thing for those of you who may be going XBox because it plays 4K.

Stand alone 4K UHD players are becoming more reasonably priced.

Several weeks over Black Friday. Best Buy had one of the top units you could can buy in a Sony for $150. Target, Walmart along with Best Buy also had some for around $100.00.

So I would keep that in mind if you like the PS4 better but want a 4K player.

Still and extra $100-$150. You could buy a couple of games with that money instead.

VN Store

Back