Vote: Best Unis in the SEC

Orange is a great sports color. Somehow, I just can't "sit with" that Tennessee orange

You guys need some tips and advise from Miami

Somehow I just can't "sit with" a garbage program like Mizzou being added to the SEC but hey, s*** happens.

Reactions: 3 people
May take some heat for this but I've always liked Florida's use of blue, burnt orange, and the cursive 'gator' script on their helmets.

Let's just say it's a good thing I don't base my allegiance on uniforms and marketing.

only women probably do that

I'm surprised by all the Ole Miss Powder blue love. Their best look to me is their gray pants, navy top and helmet.

There are a lot of cool things about Tennessee. The checkerboard endzone as an example.

The uniform ain't one of them. You have to like that color orange and I am not a fan.

Looks like a bunch of creamsicles on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I know I am in the minority here but I agree with the poster who said we can take a few tips. Not from Miami per say, but, some outlines and piping would make a world of difference. Kinda like when we went to the black outlines on the white jerseys, made them slick. Anyway my ranking:

Full Uniform:
1. LSU (I think this is the #1 uniform in the country. especially with the white helmets)
2. Tennessee
3. Auburn
4. Georgia
5. Ole Miss (Light blue helmet rocks)
6. Alabama (tradition means something, or, maybe I'm just old)
7. Florida
8. Arkansas
9. South Carolina
10. Texas A&M
11. Kentucky
12. Missouri (ugly)
13. Vanderbilt (no explanation necessary)
14. Mississippi State (just awful)

Felt the need to include the coolest uniform ever made, although not an SEC uniform.

Attachments

• army uniform.jpg
    army uniform.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3
Felt the need to include the coolest uniform ever made, although not an SEC uniform.

Those were absolutely terrible. The Battle at the Bulge unis were way better

army-football-vs-navy-570x372.jpg

8255779943_fda8d7249c_o.jpg

1.) LSU

2.) Ole Miss

3.) Tennessee

4.) Auburn

5.) Kentucky

6.) Georgia

7.) Mizzou

8.) Florida

9.) Alabama

10.) Texas A&M

11.) Arkansas

12.) South Carolina

13.) Vanderbilt

14.) Mississippi State

There are a lot of cool things about Tennessee. The checkerboard endzone as an example.

The uniform ain't one of them. You have to like that color orange and I am not a fan.

If you really look at how similar Tennessee Orange is to the color of the real oranges that come out of Florida I can see your distaste for it.

Naturally, if you had any taste at all you wouldn't be a florida fan. That makes your judgement questionable on any subject.

Reactions: 5 people
Going outside the SEC for a moment, here's my top 10 college unis not found in the SEC...

1.) FSU - Man, love them or hate them, that garnet and gold is magnificent!

GettyImages-460073220.0.jpg

2.) Notre Dame - Outside of our own conference, there's no team I hate more than Notre Dame. However I have to admit, those gold flake helmets look damn sharp.

notre-dame-football.jpg

3.) Michigan - Just an iconic look. I've always loved their unis.

michigan-football-1-620x397.jpg

4.) Penn State - Understated, yet iconic. I love these no nonsense unis especially the all white version.

1187021_10152513177525663_948701761_n.jpg

5.) Iowa - Yes, it's a little close to looking like the Steelers but that black and gold looks good together! Plus I think they have one of the coolest logos in college football.

635793045288316173-IOW-0919-Iowa-vs-Pittsburgh-07.jpg

6.) Washington - I think the purple and gold looks awesome together. I've always liked these unis.

johnross.jpg

7.) Southern Cal - nice color combos and I like how they've managed to keep their unis traditional, even down to the dull grey facemask.

452666685.0.jpg

8.) Duke - Even though they're somewhat simple, I love the look of Duke's uniforms. I love the "D" logo design as well. A little Indianapolis Colts-ish, but still looks sharp!

Duke-Football-Wallpaper2.jpg

9.) Texas - how can you not love this uni? Clean, simple, the longhorn logo is iconic, etc.

455399422.0.jpg

10.) Oregon - While Nike definitely gets their uniforms wrong on so many occasions, the times when they get them right, they look amazing! Take for example my example below during the 2010 national championship game. IMO that is one of the smoothest college football uniforms to ever be worn!

2011-National-TItle-2.jpg

Going outside the SEC for a moment, here's my top 10 college unis not found in the SEC...

2.) Notre Dame - Outside of our own conference, there's no team I hate more than Notre Dame. However I have to admit, those gold flake helmets look damn sharp.

notre-dame-football.jpg

4.) Penn State - Understated, yet iconic. I love these no nonsense unis especially the all white version.

5.) Iowa - Yes, it's a little close to looking like the Steelers but that black and gold looks good together! Plus I think they have one of the coolest logos in college football.

6.) Washington - I think the purple and gold looks awesome together. I've always liked these unis.

johnross.jpg

7.) Southern Cal - nice color combos and I like how they've managed to keep their unis traditional, even down to the dull grey facemask.

452666685.0.jpg

8.) Duke - Even though they're somewhat simple, I love the look of Duke's uniforms. I love the "D" logo design as well. A little Indianapolis Colts-ish, but still looks sharp!

9.) Texas - how can you not love this uni? Clean, simple, the longhorn logo is iconic, etc.

455399422.0.jpg

10.) Oregon - While Nike definitely gets their uniforms wrong on so many occasions, the times when they get them right, they look amazing! Take for example my example below during the 2010 national championship game. IMO that is one of the smoothest college football uniforms to ever be worn!

You should write for Bleacher Report.

Excluding LSU for obvious reasons.

1. South Carolina (probably in the minority on this)
2. Tennessee
3. Kentucky
4. Georgia
5. Ole Miss

Kind of dig Oregon's silver helmets but man I can't stand their uniforms (depending on which one), same with Florida State, love the helmet, hate their uniforms.

notre-dame-football.jpg

johnross.jpg

452666685.0.jpg

455399422.0.jpg

I have to agree with you. Especially on the ND color and helmets. Plus I grew up a TN fan and Iowa fan. Ive always loved the TigerHawk for Iowa! But to be clear, im a Vols fan first and formost always! Lol.

VN Store

Back