Vols wide receiver josh smith arrested (with updates)

WTG Knoxville media for making us aware of an altercation between two adults in the privacy of their shared apartment. This is a real news story! The Tuscaloosa, Gainesville, Athens, Baton Rouge and Auburn media wouldn't be nearly as heads-up with this.

So you're mad that the Knoxville media did their job?

Seems like a weird story. Smith kicked down the locked door because he was worried about his friend, and then they proceeded to fight and Smith whooped his butt.

Just doesn't make a lot of sense, but most fights usually dont

The way I understood it was JS kicked the door down our of concern and Kennedy fought him like he was an intruder.

I wonder who threw the first punch?

Dear Lord,

Thank you for this minor incident, and the chance it gives us to refresh our memory of the beauty of Josh Smith's girlfriend.

Amen.

4956837.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people
My first reaction is this is a step in the right direction. Finally, a story about a guy hitting another guy.

Reactions: 4 people
Alcohol!!! Alcohol!!! Recipe for bad decisions and stupid actions. Almost all of the legal situations involving players include alcohol. Now he needs to rebuild his public persona. We really need Byrd to be ready this fall.

Reactions: 2 people
Alcohol!!! Alcohol!!! Recipe for bad decisions and stupid actions. Almost all of the legal situations involving players include alcohol. Now he needs to rebuild his public persona. We really need Byrd to be ready this fall.

Lol.

Wait, not sure if serious.

What kind of man locks himself in a room to brood, or calls police when he loses a fight?

So you're mad that the Knoxville media did their job?

Oh, no, I always applaud the journalistic integrity, unimpeachable ethics and unbiased reporting that is the hallmark of those in the local media. Soon John Adams, Travis Haney and Anita Wadhwani will be opining, and that will be an even greater treat.

Reactions: 3 people

I bet it after midnight too.

Some facts not reported: Josh Smith has already made bail and his attorney expects the charges to be dropped. Josh was taken into custody under the primary aggressor statute, but assault charges can be filed against both parties... or dropped, as is often the case in such circumstances.

Reactions: 1 person
Josh's roommate will be in for a rude awakening. Especially if his belligerent actions led to the entire altercation. It appears Josh did beat him up pretty bad, the guy is still at UT Medical with injuries to the head.

It also reminds you to never talk to the police. Josh is quoted in the report as saying, "it's all my fault." Sounds like a confession to me.

The kid is still at ut med cause he got whipped and was hammered. Can't clear kid to go home until he's sober and can clear any potential injuries.

Source: I see this multiple times a month

You're right. Every fan base has its share of crazies, kooks, misery lovers and pot stirrers, but UT seems to have more than the norm. And the Knoxville media is heads above the rest in its never-failing quest to create negativity, controversy and trouble for UT athletic programs.

This is so true.

Well I think we've hit on EVERY CONCEIVABLE POSSIBILITY here so now I feel better....AND CONFUSED!!!

Seems like a weird story. Smith kicked down the locked door because he was worried about his friend, and then they proceeded to fight and Smith whooped his butt.

Just doesn't make a lot of sense, but most fights usually dont

He SAYS he was worried... I've been a situation like this before, and my purely speculative narrative goes like this:

They were arguing about god knows what (drunk). The roommate has had it and is done arguing. He goes to his room and locks the door hoping to end the confrontation and allow JS to settle down. He does not. The opposite happens in fact, and he becomes enraged (think dont you dare walk away from me! Im not done yelling yet!) and kicks down the door. Hijinks ensue.

Just my take from having a similiar situation happen to me.

From his mug shot it appears Josh got a few injuries also. Not one sided. Run some laps, do some push ups , hug, shake hands and make up. The play some football.

From his mug shot it appears Josh got a few injuries also. Not one sided. Run some laps, do some push ups , hug, shake hands and make up. The play some football.

What? That's two scratches. Defensive flailing caused those two itty bitty scratches. I'm no forensic expert, but cmon, two scratches vs still in hospital? "Not one sided." Ok, sure whatever bud. :lolabove:

He SAYS he was worried... I've been a situation like this before, and my purely speculative narrative goes like this:

They were arguing about god knows what (drunk). The roommate has had it and is done arguing. He goes to his room and locks the door hoping to end the confrontation and allow JS to settle down. He does not. The opposite happens in fact, and he becomes enraged (think dont you dare walk away from me! Im not done yelling yet!) and kicks down the door. Hijinks ensue.

Just my take from having a similiar situation happen to me.

No. Not JS.

What? That's two scratches. Defensive flailing caused those two itty bitty scratches. I'm no forensic expert, but cmon, two scratches vs still in hospital? "Not one sided." Ok, sure whatever bud. :lolabove:

And a busted lip and bruise on neck. It was a tussle. No arrest needed. End of story

And a busted lip and bruise on neck. It was a tussle. No arrest needed. End of story

That ended up with the other guy in the hospital... Let's see his picture and see how even it was. Cmon fella, I had the decency to say I was speculating, and here you are saying 'end of story.' What a joke. This is one of the reasons why the country is they way it is now: my bias overrules any facts in the matter... To you it's the end of the story, but it's barely the beginning bud.
I'm not saying anything will be made of this and that JS will most likely be fine, but to have your bias for tn football overwhelm any facts in the matter (before theyre even completely known for chrissakes) is laughable.
These other posts about blaming the media for doing their job is also disgusting. It's like you guys hate america or something.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back