Vols Wednesday Practice Thread: Auburn Week

I’m more puzzled as to why coach has to show a senior we how to run a route. I was an average at best wr in hs many years ago but am always amazed at how many college wrs don’t do the basics like knowing where first down marker is on 3rd down, how to plant off pivot foot, how to come back for the ball on a curl instead of flattening the route, etc... sometimes wonder what these coaches are doing, or why there’s a problem retaining.

So you are upset that a coach is having to coach but then state you don’t know what the coaches are doing..... since the kid ran the route wrong.

Sometimes as a receiver you just mess up, maybe you planted your foot wrong etc. atleast Pruitt is coaching them Jeez y’all look for anything to criticize lol.

Edit: You don’t always run every route perfectly. There is always something to coach.

JG looks fine in practice. But its practice. No pressure, no SEC speed defense, no linemen not blocking, no worrying about getting killed by the other team. Its practice. Nice, quiet, calm, serene football practice.
Okay, now that you got your little digs in on JG and the weak practices, why are the receivers dropping so many balls in these nice Serene slices of paradise? In your opinion.

Okay, now that you got your little digs in on JG and the weak practices, why are the receivers dropping so many balls in these nice Serene slices of paradise? In your opinion.

Behr can you believe that a receiver had to be coached on how to run a route? How dare that receiver not do it perfectly in practice..... on the short amount of time the media got to watch practice.....
How dare coaches having to coach players.....

(Me making fun of some of these posters)

Reactions: johnrlansford
Behr can you believe that a receiver had to be coached on how to run a route? How dare that receiver not do it perfectly in practice..... on the short amount of time the media got to watch practice.....
How dare coaches having to coach players.....

(Me making fun of some of these posters)
Maybe they don't even need to practice at all. If they all get in a circle, hold hands and collectively think positive thoughts, they can just "will" themselves to victory...seems to be the prevailing opinion of the week.

Reactions: BigDave
Johnson has really been the only inconsistent WR so far. Doesn’t do well when he knows he is going to get hit.

Other than that is Wood-Anderson at TE but he hasn’t had any bad drops besides the one that hit him in the face.
Johnson is a possession WR only. Should see his time reduced next year, DWA is our only SE TE. Pope is a more of a H Back,and ELi Wolf in MIA

Maybe they don't even need to practice at all. If they all get in a circle, hold hands and collectively think positive thoughts, they can just "will" themselves to victory...seems to be the prevailing opinion of the week.

It’s funny That you are making this statement considering you said you don’t know why upperclassman are still having to be taught how to run routes. Again receivers don’t always run routes consistently perfect so there is always coaching to be done.

Also, since you did so good in High School what college did you play at?

Was just gonna ask the same question. That's what they do, catch the ball. Can they just not be taught? Can no one teach them? I mean, what? What?
I mentioned this off-season how limited we were in talent at almost every position and was ridiculed when I mentioned receiver talent was lacking.

I think people saw a few spectacular catches and forgot a whole lot of very inconsistent play.

It’s funny That you are making this statement considering you said you don’t know why upperclassman are still having to be taught how to run routes. Again receivers don’t always run routes consistently perfect so there is always coaching to be done.

Also, since you did so good in High School what college did you play at?
Fair enough...everyone needs coaching. I get it...just struck me as a bit odd, because usually it's the seniors who "get it" that are the ones showing the young guys the ropes. Everyone so dang sensitive any more. Vols need to win, in the worst way.

I said "average, at best" wr which unfortunately didn't get me farther than "The Reltney's" intramural flag football team @ UT...

Reactions: tbh and cHiZzLeVOL
Was just gonna ask the same question. That's what they do, catch the ball. Can they just not be taught? Can no one teach them? I mean, what? What?
It all about concentration. The least distraction can lead to an incompletion. Whether it’s thinking about getting hit or what they will do after the catch, it’s about concentration.

What if it is a secret ploy by the wrs to try and get JG off the field?

Does Auburn have an indoor practice facility? I'm wondering how much Hurricane Michael is affecting their practices.

Pruitt personally showed Jauan Jennings and Josh Palmer how to run a route. That is not good
Nor is the fact he is coaching the fine details on the O-side...I don't think that bodes well for the staff on that side of the ball.

Johnson has really been the only inconsistent WR so far. Doesn’t do well when he knows he is going to get hit.

Other than that is Wood-Anderson at TE but he hasn’t had any bad drops besides the one that hit him in the face.
Of course, we'd need to throw it to him more to get a better sample size. In my opinion, Chandler and Wood-Anderson, though raw talent, are by far the two most talented skill position players on the offensive side of the ball. However, if my info correct, they combined for a total of 11 touches vs UGA. I'd think getting W-A 5-7 targets per game and Chandler 18-20 touches (run/pass) per game would increase our chances to spring some big plays. W-A is probably the closest thing to Witten we've had in a long time, and many times is a mismatch on a LB.

Of course, we'd need to throw it to him more to get a better sample size. In my opinion, Chandler and Wood-Anderson, though raw talent, are by far the two most talented skill position players on the offensive side of the ball. However, if my info correct, they combined for a total of 11 touches vs UGA. I'd think getting W-A 5-7 targets per game and Chandler 18-20 touches (run/pass) per game would increase our chances to spring some big plays. W-A is probably the closest thing to Witten we've had in a long time, and many times is a mismatch on a LB.

Totally agree about WA his only issue at the moment is his blocking. But that’s not hard to fix. He is good with the ball in his hands.

Banks would be our most raw back if he could fix his butterfinger woes he would be a very good back. Very rarely loses yardage. He would be a nice complement to Chandler. I also think Madre London is under utilized.

Reactions: Quaint88

VN Store

Back