Vols unranked in first coaches poll

Why would Saban go to Alabama? They were mired in mediocrity with sanctions and penalty's looming large.

Why would Calipari go to Kentucky? They have an unrealistic fan base and had just fired a coach that did his best to submarine the program.

Money
Money
and
Money

Something UT does not seem to do when looking for a coach.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would Calipari go to Kentucky? They have an unrealistic fan base and had just fired a coach that did his best to submarine the program.

you can't be serious? Kentucky, no matter what a prior coach does, is a top 3 job in country, that's a destination job.

And not only that, but NCAA was closing in on Memphis and Cal needed out...perfect timing.

Vols tied for 32nd? Sounds about right.

Too many questions from last year's squad to bump them into the top 25 just because they return almost everyone.

Still think UK should be outside top 5

And surprised Mizzou is so low, shows what the coaches think of Haith huh?

Still think UK should be outside top 5

And surprised Mizzou is so low, shows what the coaches think of Haith huh?

UK will drop some games early I bet, but they'll be rolling by January.

Frank Haith could eff up a wet dream, and he's had one year to work his special brand of "magic" at Mizzou. Expect more inexplicable losses this season.

UK will drop some games early I bet, but they'll be rolling by January.

Frank Haith could eff up a wet dream, and he's had one year to work his special brand of "magic" at Mizzou. Expect more inexplicable losses this season.

He will "F up" your wet dream if you think yall are winning the B4A. You won't get past dook for that to matter anyway though

Clearly I think he's talking about being left out the polls. Just some more motivation for the team

@JarnellStokes Wowwww.... So much more to prove I see.

Great news for Martin lovers. He breaks the polls for the first time in his career and somehow that becomes an overachiever move since they're picked to finish outside the top 25 before the season starts.

You're so damn pathetic. Most people that follow this team expects a top 20 team by the end of the season.

There are fools and there is you. The biggest one of them all.

Reactions: 1 person
Why would Saban go to Alabama? They were mired in mediocrity with sanctions and penalty's looming large.

why would saben go to bama when they were mired in mediocrity and sanctions and penalties looming.well 5 million dollars draws people to places ,plus i would think that saben probally had checked out the situation out at bama and realized they were going to be little to no penalties.
and why would cal go to kentucky with that unrealistic fanbase do you not realize what site your own i was born a VOL and will die one but our fans new when Dooley was hired that 5 years was how long it would take to turn it around and alot of those were wanting to fire Dooley after year one.so in certain new dictionarys unrealistic will be defined 1 by not very possible 2 not all but alot of TENNESSEE VOL FANS. .What is unrealistic .Cal went to kentucky because he loves coaching a winner and he knew it gave him an upperhand in recruiting plus he went to ky because they pay him 5 or 6 million a year and he can use a little of that to pay these continu top 5 talent he gets every year.

And the biggest question is why do you keep posting on the basketball blog ,and are you a troll.and would you quit posting things that refer to Tennessee as crazy or inept for hireing Martin.Because you are not happy with the results that he has done or are you happy that in less than a calender year he has signed 5* Stokes, got a commitment 5* Hubbs,and more than likely 5* Nichols.And next years recruiting targets include several 5* and 4* top 100 recruits

Last edited:

Haith did an impressive job last season.

He went 30-5 (14-4) in his first year. Mike Anderson had the exact same players plus Bowers and a few more and only went 23-11 (8-8).

Haith took over a program that had zero recruits, lost a few role players, then lost one of four returning bigs to a transfer, and then lost what many believed to be our best returning player when Bowers went down with a torn ACL. Despite only having two players taller than 6'6 and only seven scholarship players he improved the quality of play on the court and won more games.

He also did an impressive job evening up the classes. When Haith took over we had zero recruits for 2011 or 2012. So we had no freshman and five seniors. He was able to bring in some talented transfers to help fill the classes.

I'm not yet saying Haith is a great coach but so far he is doing a great job at Missouri. I think the Jury is still out on him but it's looking good.

I also wouldn't judge him too harshly on his time at Miami. A program that cares so much about hoops that it dropped it's men's basketball program for 15 years in the 70's and 80's They only brought it back in 1985. I'm not sure how many coaches would do well coaching against the ACC from that program. I know at Mizzou Haith has much better facilites, fan support, and a much larger budget for hiring staff, scheduling games, and for traveling(recruiting).

Miami was also Haith's first head coaching job and it couldn't have been an easy place to start. I do think he learned some things from his time there. When he got to Mizzou he left most of his staff behind. He went out and hired some good assistant coaches and has put a much larger emphasis on recruiting PG's. I think getting to work with Pressey and Dixon have made an impression on him. At Miami he only signed two PG's in seven years. At Mizzou he has two top 150 PG's commited for next season, another top 100 pg committed for 2014, and he is stil recruiting more.

This year with Bower's healthy, Dixon and Pressey back, talented transfers elligeble (Brown, Oriahki, Ross, Bell, and Criswell), plus some freshman Haith will have a whole different kind of test. One of the reasons we were so successful last season was the players had great chemistry played very unselfish ball. It will be interesting to see if Haith can build the same chemistry again with a much deeper roster. Early indications from the Euro trip and Mizzou Madness looks good but time will tell.

Just this post alone shows how clueless you are. Bama is traditionally the best football team in the SEC and one of the best in the country and Ky is traditionally the best hoops team in the SEC and one of the best in the country. Yeah, those coaches could never win there so why bother.

You can't fix stupid.

Missouri will take care of Louisville, and either dook or memphis (whichever makes it to the championship game in the Battle 4 Atlantis). Louisville is overrated and has little offensive game, memphis is, well, memphis. It would be similar to our NCAA game last time with them. all in all, KY, Mizzou, FLo 'rida, Tennessee, and Alabama will be ranked by December.

Yeah, right....well Memphis. Similar to your last game when it was thrown? Oh, I see where Missouri is in the AP Coaches Poll.......right under Memphis. Where is Missouri in recruiting for '13? I see UT and Memphis...don't see ya'll.

Last edited:
you can't be serious? Kentucky, no matter what a prior coach does, is a top 3 job in country, that's a destination job.

And not only that, but NCAA was closing in on Memphis and Cal needed out...perfect timing.

I guess you don't see UT as a "destination" job them.

And remind me of the penalties that Mem received as they closed in on them and Cal.

Just this post alone shows how clueless you are. Bama is traditionally the best football team in the SEC and one of the best in the country and Ky is traditionally the best hoops team in the SEC and one of the best in the country. Yeah, those coaches could never win there so why bother.

You can't fix stupid.

Yeah. The paycheck had nothing to do with it...sheeesh

And please quit with calling me stupid. That's twice now.

Great news for Martin lovers. He breaks the polls for the first time in his career and somehow that becomes an overachiever move since they're picked to finish outside the top 25 before the season starts.

cant have it both ways ie, you complained with the way we finished last year when we were picked 11th in the SEC........now your dogging our pre-season ranking.......come on man let the season play out.

VN Store

Back