Vols' recruiting celebration live stream (6:30PM)

Will be fun to hear the rest of the coaching staff upgrade story at the end of the week!

I'm not calling you out, but I'm genuinely curious where other schools have had great success with that kind of role shift. I'm asking because I don't know, not because I'm trying to be confrontational.

USC really did it first with Sark/Kiffin. UT sorta did that with Chaney/Kiffin with Chaney handling passing game and Kiffin handling the running game and calling plays.

Michigan is currently doing it.

TCU at least has 2 OCs. Not sure if it's divided into run game and passing game or they both just... do it.

Auburn is like TCU in having 2 OCs. Don't know how they divide it.

Baylor has 2 OCs with one being passing game.

That's just off the top of my head.

If the chemistry between HFC and both OCs work... it can work very well because of how complicated modern Offenses are. Particularly complicated offenses tend to divide roles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
UTSports.com posted the wrong time (730pm). Hopefully they will post so we can watch!

Last edited:
If there is a split duty running game coordinator and passing game coordinator; who calls a draw play?

Listening to him now it sure sounds like he is here for a while be we'll see.

That's exactly what I thought too!

We still need a quality QB coach to coach our 3 freshmen.
No way 3 QBS come to a school with no QB coach, just doesn't make sense.
Have to wait and see

USC really did it first with Sark/Kiffin. UT sorta did that with Chaney/Kiffin with Chaney handling passing game and Kiffin handling the running game and calling plays.

Michigan is currently doing it.

TCU at least has 2 OCs. Not sure if it's divided into run game and passing game or they both just... do it.

Auburn is like TCU in having 2 OCs. Don't know how they divide it.

Baylor has 2 OCs with one being passing game.

That's just off the top of my head.

If the chemistry between HFC and both OCs work... it can work very well because of how complicated modern Offenses are. Particularly complicated offenses tend to divide roles.

Those are all high octane offenses, so sounds like it could work well if handled the right way. Thanks, brother.

I got to attend the celebration and the pre-game at Skybox. It was lots of fun. The coaches all seemed quite happy and energetic.

I got to attend the celebration and the pre-game at Skybox. It was lots of fun. The coaches all seemed quite happy and energetic.

I just hope the coaches stick..I really think this coaching staff is special and the right guys for the job

Teams that have co-coordinators usually still have one real game coordinator and one in title only. Imo whoever calls the plays is the offensive coordinator and two people can't do this. We still need a QB coach. Going to be interesting.

This is just a guess like everyone elses but this could be happening tomorrow...

AD Hart and buTch could be having a meeting with 5 of the biggest boosters for an extra $500,000. while the emotions are still high on 2 top 5 recruiting classes and this is the sales pitch to make it all happen...

They want a 2 year commitment of a extra $100,000. from each of those 5 to do the following and after 2 years Dools will be paid off, more Wins and extra revenue will be coming in and we're on the way.

New OC, DeBord or whoever, for 2 years and to train up Coach Z to be the next OC.

Coach Z as WR's coach and OC in training and Recruiting coordinator WITH another coach as assistant Recruiting Coordinator in training to become full-time RC after coach Z becomes the OC.

QB coach will be the new OC or hire another good QB coach.

Assistant recruiting coordinator would get a pay raise and I'd hope that person would be our best recruiter to keep him on staff for several more years.

That would keep continuity on our coaching staff for several more years...hopefully.

There's so many different ways this can go but this is another logical way of keeping our best recruiters which is most important.

We'll know soon and hopefully most people will be happy.

#RiseToTheTop...VFL...GBO!!!

Teams that have co-coordinators usually still have one real game coordinator and one in title only. Imo whoever calls the plays is the offensive coordinator and two people can't do this. We still need a QB coach. Going to be interesting.

Trust me. Ideally the offensive coordinator would handle the QBs, but not always necessary. If having Co-co's for offense and defense was that great of an idea then everybody would be doing it. You gotta keep'em separated. :)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back